C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joining the SC Crowd!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 03:56 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Joining the SC Crowd!

Thanks to Andy and Josh, I've purchased a black V3 Si kit and will be heading down to their shop right after the first of the year to have it installed. I can't wait! It is going on my stock 2012 GS.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Thesisinbold
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats. You may as well have them put meth on as well. You'll eventually want it anyway and doing it with the SC install will save you some money.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Silver Bullet C6
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12

Josh tuned my '08 LS3 when he was here in Texas. It ran in the 9's on 7 of 10 passes in the same afternoon, with a best of 9.75 at 139 (with an Si-trim). I sold the LS3 engine and the owner who bought it told me earlier this year that it is still running strong as NA in one of his cars.
Do get some good tires...your traction will not be the same.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Yep, get ready for the permagrin.:-)
Old 12-04-2013, 08:38 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Thanks for the input guys.

Not looking to do meth, as this should be enough fun and I really need it to be reliable and last until I replace it with a C7 Z06.

I've seen the reliability report and many testimonials such as that to know that many have had great experiences with similar configurations.

And I already have a perpetual grin just driving Corvettes (this is my fourth), so I expect a permanent ear to ear head to toe smile once it is installed.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:02 AM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tunaman
Not looking to do meth, as this should be enough fun and I really need it to be reliable and last until I replace it with a C7 Z06.
A) Meth actually increases reliability by dropping intake temps and thus reducing detonation risk and B) Everyone says "this should be enough power for me," but that statement typically ends up being as accurate as, "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan."

Be sure to update with pics and dyno #'s when it's done. Make Josh do a dyno video for you!

I'll be back up there (down for you) next week for a meth install, my "last mod ever."

Good luck. You'll love it.

Get notified of new replies

To Joining the SC Crowd!

Quick Reply: Joining the SC Crowd!