C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need tech advice on A&A built beast

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 08:17 AM
D&A'sDad
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need tech advice on A&A built beast

AS you'll can see I posted this in the A&A section but I know those guys are very busy so I will ask those of you whom may have the technical aptitude to anwser a few questions below...this was Andys personal car and he built and sold it seven years ago... it has almost 5k on the build and it is tight and runs like an animal...I would appreciate any advice you'll may have

Andy/Josh: I have what used to be Andys 05 sc427 wide body and I have a few questions or maybe better said I would appreciate your advice.... first the car is still scarey for an ol'fart such as me!!!..and its my second A&A built beast with the first being an 04 yellow 402 stroker that I bought from Bob W.....it too was still a beast with almost 70k on it when I sold it! and No I am not an A&A groupie, just loved the stroker so much I could not pass this one up...anyway

I took it to a trusted local shop (not a forum sponsor) and they a made few reccomendations and I would deeply appreciate your opinion(s)
1)FAST high flow fuel rails and cross over
2)catch can for boosted cars w/dual check valves
3) newer style MAF
4)fuel check valve
5) "my thought" and I have to ask and will probably get smacked around for asking but is there any benifit to be had by adding adding a FAST intake and larger throttle body to this setup?
The car is still setup as Andy sold it ...only the clutch has been changed.
Thanks (again) Danny
Old 12-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Why do they want to change that? Is it running well now?

No need for rails/cross over, unless you are pushing 1100+rwhp.
Catchcans are nice, but not "needed". I would work on a complete breather/valve cover venting setup.
No need for a newer maf unless current one is maxed out.
No need for a fuel check valve unless you are having issues that is may resolve.
No need for fast, in fact for boosted cars I would stay with stock.

If you are in florida I would talk with Matt@Florida Speed. He has TONS of experience with superchargers and won't sell you stuff you don't need.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:43 AM
jon6.0
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm with Unreal. Sounds like a case of them trying to make some money off you for stuff thats really not needed. About the only thing on that list that would be good to do is the catch can, but if you are not railing on the car hard, probably not needed.

Last edited by jon6.0; 12-23-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:34 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Why do they want to change that? Is it running well now?

No need for rails/cross over, unless you are pushing 1100+rwhp.
Catchcans are nice, but not "needed". I would work on a complete breather/valve cover venting setup.
No need for a newer maf unless current one is maxed out.
No need for a fuel check valve unless you are having issues that is may resolve.
No need for fast, in fact for boosted cars I would stay with stock.

If you are in florida I would talk with Matt@Florida Speed. He has TONS of experience with superchargers and won't sell you stuff you don't need.

I as well agree with the above...
Old 12-23-2013, 10:00 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Just sounds like they are fixing problems that don't exist. Now if you have any specific issues then post up and we can help on what would be the best way to solve that issue.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:57 AM
ZAKO6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And lastly, with a boosted car, from what I understand a TB and intake ain't gunna net much. If you wanna add a few extra just get a smaller pulley for around $100 and a re-tune.
Does your car have meth yet? If not, this will net you some more power as well as good for the car.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:32 PM
D&A'sDad
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks all!!!

The car runs great/no issues. 750rwhp

I dont race but will get into it every now and then...never launched hard.

Andy had meth on it at one time and then removed it and put a more conservative tune on it when he sold it.

Do live in Florida and will reach out to Fl. Speed.

Hate in a way that the shop was trying to sell me parts I dont need, trusted them..

Thanks again to you all
Old 12-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

I would leave it alone except the maf being an 05 ls2 car you might be better off w/ a ls3 slot card style. This is because the early ls2 maf's max out very quickly, you sure your not on a speed density tune and the maf is there to take up the gap in the charge pipe? but if everything is working fine I say leave it alone.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:54 PM
ZAKO6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the ls3 MAF a plug an play for a ls2 vette?
Old 12-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by ZAKO6
Is the ls3 MAF a plug an play for a ls2 vette?
you need a caspers harness to connect it and the tune needs to be adjusted. This along w/ the slot card housing for it to bolt to.

Get notified of new replies

To Need tech advice on A&A built beast

Quick Reply: Need tech advice on A&A built beast