C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

__________*** Ridetech shocks and coil overs available from ECS ***_____________

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 06:01 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Default __________*** Ridetech shocks and coil overs available from ECS ***_____________

Hi Guys,
As many of you may have seen already, Ridetech has come out with a really nice quality shock and coil over set up for the C5 and C6 platform. We have been testing these for a while now and are very happy with the results thus far.

These are made from a correlation of a few high quality companies that are all made right here in the USA. Fox is making the shock itself, the springs are hyper coils, and Ridetech is packaging them very nicely for an easy drop in fit for your Corvette.

Here is some technical data on the shocks direct from Ridetech;

C5-C6 Coilovers and Q Series Shocks
Features:
• Impact Forged Monotube Fox Shocks
• Bolt In
• Oversized rod guides for maximum strength and durability
• Stainless mounting brackets
• CoilOvers Include Hyperco Springs (made with high tensile steel)
• CoilOvers have Delrin spring washers for easy spring retainer adjustment.
• CoilOvers available in HQ Series (single adjustable) and TQ Series (triple adjustable)
• Shocks available in HQ Series (single adjustable)
• Mono-tube design allows large piston for superior oil control – increases ride quality and handling performance
• 5/8” hardened shaft on the CoilOver and 1/2" hardened shaft on the Smooth Body Shocks are precision ground and straightened to a tolerance of .001" inch for increased durability and performance
• Billet end cap with integrated debris wiper to prevent seal damage
• Teflon piston wiper allows consistent piston/bore contact and repeatable performance
• Oversized rod guide improves piston rod stability
• Integral internal bumpstop eliminates extension crashing
• Mono-tube bore is cathode anodized for years of wear resistance
• Hard coat external anodizing ensures years of lasting beauty and performance
• Specially contoured composite gas separator cup optimizes dead length and ensures proper nitrogen/oil separation

here is a pic of the TQ Series. They are the triple adjustable version for anyone interested.

Pricing is as follows;

Q series shocks, complete set $1,000 shipped within the cont US.

HQ series single adjustable coil over set $2000 shipped within cont US

TQ series triple adjustable coil over set with reservoirs $3,400 Shipped within the cont US.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:03 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Some pics of an install we recently finished on a 1000rwhp Loma wide body C6Z using the TQ triple adjustable coil overs.
Attached Images    
Old 02-27-2014, 06:33 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

I need a set of new shocks and will keep these in mind.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:52 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am in the market for a more straight line specific setup since I sold my MTI Bilstein Coilovers. Now that Pfadt is out of business, and perhaps thankfully based on some of the horror stories people are sharing with me now that is a good thing, but regardless....I am in the market for a suspension setup for my car. Basically looking at a drag race, roll race, TX mile, etc...setup. Would you recommend these or do you have a different option that you feel would best suit my application? Thanks.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:05 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by lane_change
I am in the market for a more straight line specific setup since I sold my MTI Bilstein Coilovers. Now that Pfadt is out of business, and perhaps thankfully based on some of the horror stories people are sharing with me now that is a good thing, but regardless....I am in the market for a suspension setup for my car. Basically looking at a drag race, roll race, TX mile, etc...setup. Would you recommend these or do you have a different option that you feel would best suit my application? Thanks.

Best option would be the triple adjustables so you can set them up directly for each event your doing, but the that requires the knowledge of how to do that, and of course the funds to purchase them..
The single adjustables would also be a great fit, it would give you the amount of adjustability needed to set them up for a straight line event, or a road course type of event from one shock.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:06 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

These came in yesterday... Initial impression is that these are very high quality solid units, back that up with the reputation of fox shocks, hypercoil springs, and of course ride tech and their commitment to an amazing product and great customer service and you certainly have a winning combination! Plus who doesn't want a coil over with a million mile warranty!

These will soon be installed in a 1000whp car and will see plenty of track time this season. Updates on them will follow!

Old 03-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Which ones are those exactly?
Old 03-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Since they dont have the external resivores I would say the single adjustable coilovers.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:14 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Seem like a solid coilover, are these always gana be sold @ retail prices? Same price on jegs for these lol
Old 03-01-2014, 01:46 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Please educate a noob. I'm assuming you remove the stock transverse leaf springs when adding the coilovers. Raises a couple of questions. Is the ride height adjustable with the leafs gone? Are the vette's shock mounts substantial enough to carry the weight of the car? Any long term studies done with coilovers as to reliability? Sounds like the shocks are good long term....just concerned about what they are connected to.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Yes the leaf spring is removed. Height adjustment is done on the coilover now with the threaded mount.

Well, people have been running coilovers for a long time on c5/c6 and I've never heard of a mount failure, but as far as anyone doing real engineering studies? I doubt it. Then again look at the hell LG/DRM and other companies that actually race put the cars with coilovers through. If they can stand up on a world challenge car then they should be fine for the rest of us.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Matt @ FSP
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Nice Doug... They look really nice seems like we'll have to pickup a set from you guys for trial..

Also I love Shawn's look in that pic, it's the OH CRAP I have to rack Lee's car again look..
Old 03-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Some pics of an install we recently finished on a 1000rwhp Loma wide body C6Z using the TQ triple adjustable coil overs.
You forgot to take down your Pfadt banner.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:28 PM
1320IN9
Le Mans Master

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

how would you compare just the shocks to a bilstein or a DRM bilstein
Old 03-01-2014, 09:34 PM
1320IN9
Le Mans Master

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

love that car in the picture, any links on how to do the exhaust out the side of the rear fascia? that looks sick
Old 03-04-2014, 08:57 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by 1MEANGS
Seem like a solid coilover, are these always gana be sold @ retail prices? Same price on jegs for these lol
There is MAP pricing that must be kept or we lose our distributorship. That keeps a good product in business so it is what it is. I also have always considered Summit and Jegs the wholesale places for performance parts, so if I can match their price, or in this case beat it with free shipping, then I'm happy. Hopefully you are too.

Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP
Nice Doug... They look really nice seems like we'll have to pickup a set from you guys for trial..

Also I love Shawn's look in that pic, it's the OH CRAP I have to rack Lee's car again look..
Let me know Matt, I can get a set out when your ready. And yes... that car is tough to get on and off the lift, but it's a pretty bad *** car the rest of the time.

Originally Posted by Andy@AandASuperchargers
You forgot to take down your Pfadt banner.
I hear ya Andy, we spent the weekend getting everything off the web site as it was, the banner is next. In the few days from when they closed to when we got the items off the site, we had people ordering things like crazy.

Originally Posted by gregs94
how would you compare just the shocks to a bilstein or a DRM bilstein
Tough to say really, comparable comes to mind, feels the same as the Johnny o's we installed several times too.

Originally Posted by gregs94
love that car in the picture, any links on how to do the exhaust out the side of the rear fascia? that looks sick

I don't sorry, but the exhaust just makes a 90* turn out the side instead of going straight back, not much to it really.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:37 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

PM sent with questions.

Get notified of new replies

To __________*** Ridetech shocks and coil overs available from ECS ***_____________

Old 03-04-2014, 11:54 PM
schneid
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lane_change
horror stories relating to their products, or service?
Old 03-31-2014, 10:36 PM
schneid
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schneid
horror stories relating to their products, or service?
Why even ask questions on this forum? Maybe I should go to the car-bra/airbrushed hood liner subforum to find some action. Or perhaps the $300 custom plastic emblem subforum. Heard its hot. Or maybe the COW booster thread?!?!?! That'll lower my ETs.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:18 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Huh?

Quick Reply: __________*** Ridetech shocks and coil overs available from ECS ***_____________