C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techco results

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Pocket
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Techco results

Figured some people would like to see some results from this SC kit from the now defunct Techco company

This one:

Its a modular design to interchange with all of the big 3 automakers common performance power plants with minimal specific parts. For example, the SC itself, intercooler box, twin intercoolers are all identical from Ford, Dodge, GM and all the platforms they fit. Interchange parts are runners, throttle neck and snout. That means I can use a Ford unit to service this Corvette unit. Very innovative design

Its only 2" taller than a LS1/6 intake at 8.75" above the block deck, so fitting it under just about any hood isnt a problem. The inverted blower box is becomming more and more common, starting with the old Northstar M122 (XLR), ZR1, LSA, ZL1, and now the Magnacharger heartbeat. Of all of those, this one is the only twin screw and is the largest at 3.0L

I have a thing for superchargers, building several of my own systems. This one being so unique peaked my interest, so I picked up a kit that had been passed around a few times. It was missing a few parts and the stigma of the two results posted here sort of sank the mood. Regardless, if I broke 500RWHP, Id be ecstatic. Small fry to a cammed LS3, maybe, but for a JY swap, thats serious power

This engine was a swap so some parts are unique to the conversion. Basic 6.0 LQ4 (low compression), L92 heads (stock) and the first rect port friendly mild cam I could get my hands on. Not a serious build at all
The 90* neck was built to fit in the engine bay. The corvette neck put the TB into the radiator shroud. This is a GEN III engine and I didnt have a custom valley cover, so I machined spacers to lift the blower 1/2". I built new accessory brackets because I didnt have any for the corvette. The tensioner bracket was also rebuilt for added belt wrap. The Techco crank pulley was not included in the kit, so I bought a powerbond 8 rib balancer at the stock size. Can always step it up again if I wanted more boost

The final results blew me away. I expected 8-10psi, but ended up with 14psi. Makes me wonder what the two C6's here would have made if they actually spun the SC a little more

Looking back, I really like the kit. Wish more had been built
Old 03-08-2014, 10:45 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Nice work! You should be very proud of the results. Hell, it even looks good

Quick Reply: Techco results