C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billet Ysi

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 04:35 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

It's the step up ratio on the Procharger side not the billet impeller just to clarify before people take that and run with it.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:38 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
It's the step up ratio on the Procharger side not the billet impeller just to clarify before people take that and run with it.
You sir are correct.... The higher temps are due to the internal oiling in my opinion as well. Because a YSI does have cooler discharge temps than a F1R.

Personally im in love with the F1X but I think for a street car the YSI is king ding-a-ling. The fact that it spools as quick as it does when pullied at or above 65000 is what makes it so bad ***.

Last edited by breecher_7; 05-22-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:30 AM
1sc334
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed
Old 05-23-2014, 09:25 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by breecher_7
You sir are correct.... The higher temps are due to the internal oiling in my opinion as well. Because a YSI does have cooler discharge temps than a F1R.

Personally im in love with the F1X but I think for a street car the YSI is king ding-a-ling. The fact that it spools as quick as it does when pullied at or above 65000 is what makes it so bad ***.
What makes the Ysi more "Street car" than an F1X?

i have an F1X and it drives perfectly on the street.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:39 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
What makes the Ysi more "Street car" than an F1X?

i have an F1X and it drives perfectly on the street.
Here we go...

They are both great options and I love them both...

I just prefer the YSI as it comes in sooner and harder at a lower RPM. The F1X is a monster, no one can deny that or will even try... I think for 1000whp though, the YSI is the way to go. If you want to make more than that, the F1X is your best choice.

Personal opinion at the end of the day.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:50 AM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

Here we go...

They are both great options and I love them both...

I just prefer the YSI as it comes in sooner and harder at a lower RPM. The F1X is a monster, no one can deny that or will even try... I think for 1000whp though, the YSI is the way to go. If you want to make more than that, the F1X is your best choice.

Personal opinion at the end of the day.
I'd actually like to see the hp curve overlays between a YSI and F1_ making 1,000hp

I would think the F1 would come in harder
Old 05-23-2014, 09:54 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by turbotuner20v
I'd actually like to see the hp curve overlays between a YSI and F1_ making 1,000hp

Would have to be on the same car to be fair comparison. I would love to see that as well to put this debate to bed once and for all as this is the third time this month I can remember it coming up. It would certainly be interesting to see. Might be somthing I could do this upcoming winter actually. Would be nice to see HP/Tq overlays as well as IAT comparisons.

Ive spent wheel time behind both though and the YSI has always felt "quicker". The F1X pulls like an animal up top though and will obviously make far more power.

This billet impeller upgrade with a up to 4psi gain is gonna make the YSI even more desireable as well I believe.

If it goes fast I like it... Period. Unless its a screw blower, in which case it doesnt go fast anyways...

Last edited by breecher_7; 05-23-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:35 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by turbotuner20v

It's really apples to oranges IMO

to make 1000 in the Ysi you have to pully it for MAX effort.. It will make a bunch mid range and then start falling off up top.. (At least from the ones i have seen).

to make only 1000 with an F1x you would have to pully it low enough to where it would be lazy.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:44 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

I think your both wrong, the 2200R is the best.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:54 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

It's really apples to oranges IMO

to make 1000 in the Ysi you have to pully it for MAX effort.. It will make a bunch mid range and then start falling off up top.. (At least from the ones i have seen).

to make only 1000 with an F1x you would have to pully it low enough to where it would be lazy.
I am not disagreeing with you one bit. Although it easily makes 1100 without "falling off" in its current configuration, add this new impeller and its gonna be a bit of a game changer. This is why I feel the YSI makes a better blower for the street. Mid range comes in harder.

There is no dispute the F1X makes more top end power. But in 99.9% cases how is that useable on the street? Its not. Its hard to stick 800whp through all gears let alone 1000+. From a 100mph roll? Sure... Both a YSI car and a F1X are still gonna spin the tires on a hard shift but the F1X will prevail as a faster blower/car at the end of the day. You live in texas, I get that the highway "mexico" racing is big down there.... But whats the point of making 1300hp if you cant stick it? There are countless YSI/2200R corvettes running in the 8's in 1/4 mile. How many F1X corvettes do you know of doing the same thing?

They are different animals as you stated. Both make more power than any street car will ever need.

Once again, its personal preference based on my experience. I like the YSI. And at the end of the day, I can get prochargers cheaper, so this has thing to do with being a vortech "fan boy" or picking the cheaper option.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:55 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I think your both wrong, the 2200R is the best.

Dont you have some real work to do?

Just let us idiots bicker...
Old 05-23-2014, 11:13 AM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

lol
Old 05-23-2014, 11:18 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

I am not disagreeing with you one bit. Although it easily makes 1100 without "falling off" in its current configuration, add this new impeller and its gonna be a bit of a game changer. This is why I feel the YSI makes a better blower for the street. Mid range comes in harder.

There is no dispute the F1X makes more top end power. But in 99.9% cases how is that useable on the street? Its not. Its hard to stick 800whp through all gears let alone 1000+. From a 100mph roll? Sure... Both a YSI car and a F1X are still gonna spin the tires on a hard shift but the F1X will prevail as a faster blower/car at the end of the day. You live in texas, I get that the highway "mexico" racing is big down there.... But whats the point of making 1300hp if you cant stick it? There are countless YSI/2200R corvettes running in the 8's in 1/4 mile. How many F1X corvettes do you know of doing the same thing?

They are different animals as you stated. Both make more power than any street car will ever need.

Once again, its personal preference based on my experience. I like the YSI. And at the end of the day, I can get prochargers cheaper, so this has thing to do with being a vortech "fan boy" or picking the cheaper option.
i just made a bunch of small changes to my combo.. never really got to open my f1X up .. IDC was getting up there @6700 so we shut down early on my 93/meth tune..

that being said, one of the many little changes im making is going from 18" mickys to 15s know i would get decent traction from 60 in 3rd in my car.. hopefully the 15s will help some. Either way IMO both Blowers are awesome..

But i also agree that being in TX makes me HP retarded... the Last Texas Invitational i went too, 75% of the cars made over 1500 whp. some pushing 2000+ lol.

its so bad that they now have ANOTHER event for the Sub 1000 rwhp cars lol. If my car makes 1200-1300 .. ill be Texas invitational F team lol
Old 05-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Yah, my blower is here so I'm just waiting on my pulleys from you.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Yasei
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive spent wheel time behind both though and the YSI has always felt "quicker". The F1X pulls like an animal up top though and will obviously make far more power.
I prefer a larger blower to shift that torque curve to the right. The reason why an YSi car may feel (and only feel) faster is that you're introducing a huge amount of torque down low... ...which then falls off too early towards the redline. All that does is that you lose traction early. A bit too big blower doesn't make too much torque down low, but the torque keeps up all the way to the redline and that way you end up being faster!
Old 05-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Yasei
A bit too big blower doesn't make too much torque down low, but the torque keeps up all the way to the redline and that way you end up being faster!
Without belt problems, of course! :-)

Yeah, not nice.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:38 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Yasei
I prefer a larger blower to shift that torque curve to the right. The reason why an YSi car may feel (and only feel) faster is that you're introducing a huge amount of torque down low... ...which then falls off too early towards the redline. All that does is that you lose traction early. A bit too big blower doesn't make too much torque down low, but the torque keeps up all the way to the redline and that way you end up being faster!
Only feel "faster"?

Whats your definition of faster?

Because the YSI has definitly proven to be "quicker" in the C5/6 platform...

There are several street driven 8 second YSI/2200R corvettes owned by members of this forum. Care to share a link to a 8 second F1X powered vette?

Didnt want to go there, but it was kind of a ignorant statement.

Once again, no argument that the F1X will make more power... Its probably the best blower they have made as of yet. I really like the F1X-12A.

Get notified of new replies

To Billet Ysi

Old 05-23-2014, 01:52 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Only feel "faster"?

Whats your definition of faster?

Because the YSI has definitly proven to be "quicker" in the C5/6 platform...

There are several street driven 8 second YSI/2200R corvettes owned by members of this forum. Care to share a link to a 8 second F1X powered vette?

Didnt want to go there, but it was kind of a ignorant statement.

Once again, no argument that the F1X will make more power... Its probably the best blower they have made as of yet. I really like the F1X-12A.
IMO the f1X is overkill for 99% of vette owners..

why mess with it in the 1/4 when like you said the smaller YSI has already gone 8s?

my choice was made because i do runway events.. and the Ysi cars just cant compete....

that being said.. Realistically an f1X car cant compete either when people are comming out with 1600-2200 hp GTR's and Lambos
Old 05-23-2014, 01:54 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

my choice was made because i do runway events.. and the Ysi cars just cant compete....

that being said.. Realistically an f1X car cant compete either when people are comming out with 1600-2200 hp GTR's and Lambos
I could not agree with you more sir. They serve different applications better than the other...
Old 05-23-2014, 02:28 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

I believe this is an F1X car, first trip out, soft passes... They are changing the setup right now and gonna have spray on top of the X.. Looking for 7s.

***edit***
This car may have had a YSI in the vid but it has an X now I believe.

Last edited by ajrothm; 05-23-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Billet Ysi