C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New PRO Charger 8rib Set Up…Help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 10:08 PM
drumacdy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New PRO Charger 8rib Set Up…Help?

I just purchased a new ProCharger for my C6 Z06 and have been convienced to upgrade to the 8rib pulley, so I'm looking for a Harmonic balancer and run across the option for ATI w/ 10% Underdrive. Can anybody tell my why I would need this or if they can recommend this? Thanks
Old 06-01-2014, 11:47 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

You want an overdrive with a blower. Get a IW or ATI 10% over drive. The OD will allow more belt wrap around the blower, and allow you to run a larger SC pulley for the same boost which will also minimize belt slip.

Unless you have a direct drive kit you will need a complete 8 rib kit including PS and alternator pulleys, and spacers/etc for the procharger.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:53 PM
drumacdy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Unreal
You want an overdrive with a blower. Get a IW or ATI 10% over drive. The OD will allow more belt wrap around the blower, and allow you to run a larger SC pulley for the same boost which will also minimize belt slip.

Unless you have a direct drive kit you will need a complete 8 rib kit including PS and alternator pulleys, and spacers/etc for the procharger.
First of all thank you so much for your advice!! But this now leads me deeper into this…..so when I bought the SC I purchased the SC 8 Rib pulley upgrade and I thought the only other thing that was needed was the 8 rib balancer pulley and it was done! I have seen the kits you are talking about that are the 8rib upgrade for all other pulleys / spacers / etc… but I had assumed that the ATI Balancer the 8 rib side for the SC and the 4 rib side for everything else….am I wrong?
So are you recommending that I do the whole 8 rib upgrade for all other components? Or is that a must?
Old 06-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Finally got my ati 8 rib can't wait to get it on and pulley waaaayyy down
Old 06-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

You need a flip drive to run the accessories off the 4 rib and blower 8 rib, or you have to run everything off 8 rib.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:53 PM
drumacdy
Instructor

Unreal thanks for your help dude, but I did almost just puke when I saw that $1,200 price tag for that pulley kit……yep the $1,200 I wasn't planning to even spend haha. But from what I'm told it is almost a must. My car is currently at 541rwhp now, with Stage 1 Heads & Cam package, timing chain, ARP head studs, etc.../ ported LS7 Intake & TB / Dynomax Headers & X-Pipe w/factory mufflers / dual friction clutch / and this & that…..I don't know or have any expectations of what it will be after the install but I guess I'm hoping I will need an 8 rib set up if you know what I mean ha!!! Thanks again Unreal
Old 06-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Direct drive is the better way to go. Less issues, less cost.

In fact I would just order a cogged DD from ECS and be done with it.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:59 PM
drumacdy
Instructor

Ok I have no idea what that means but google will help ha….also if I do that your saying that will work and I won't have any belt slipping going on with nothing else…?
Old 06-03-2014, 08:10 AM
playtoy
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I would just keep the 6 rib at your power level and stock internals. I ran a 6 rib on my D1SC up to 12 psi with no slip. With a procharger on a stock motor the smallest pulley you will be on is a 4" pulley. There is plenty of belt wrap on that pulley to run a 6 rib. Just get yourself a good belt like the gates HD and I bet you won't have any problems with belt slip. No need for an 8 rib.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Agreed, unless you are pushing 750+ no need to even consider an 8 rib unless you are just doing it now to save cost later.

Get notified of new replies

To New PRO Charger 8rib Set Up…Help?

Quick Reply: New PRO Charger 8rib Set Up…Help?