C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Logic and fuel pressure sensor set up

Old 08-05-2014, 02:56 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I will ground to the same place as the alky control.

Yeah with my luck, I'm pretty sure its fried.
I will write it up tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks for all the input guys. Appreciate the help.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:20 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

Streetk14, I have a question. That fuse tap you mentioned, did you use that to get power from the fuse box in the passenger wheel well for the sensor (using the 5v regulator), instead of using the yellow wire from the wire harness under the sterling column?

Also would using a self taping screw to create a ground on the metal under the steering wheel column work. The A&A instructions say to do that for the ground.

Just doing my final research before I install the new fuel pressure sensor I ordered. Don't want to fry this one.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:50 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

Ok Fuel Pressure sensor is installed, used the aeromotive 5 v regulator. Everything is working fine, but the Fuel pressure is reading 66 to 68 psi. Isn't stock FP supposed to be around 58 psi? Ill check the dash logic software to make sure the formula is correct in the morning. Curious, does the BAP affect fuel pressure reading? What else could be causing the reading to be off by 10 psi. Its a stock fuel system.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

It should not. FP should be ~58psi at idle and around.

Probably in the sensor setup in the dashlogic.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:20 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

error

Last edited by pikkashoe; 09-04-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:20 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

Well, I checked the formula and everything was fine (pid10001 * 17.2) -18.4).
This morning the sensor just stopped working. Now the dash logic just shows 18.4.
I double checked everything again (wiring). Using the 5 v regulator, blue to dash logic, and using a good verified ground (same as the alky control ground location). Starting to wonder if it's the dash logic, as my first one i received was a dud. Going to upgrade the firmware now to see if that helps. May try using pid10002 as well to see if that changes anything.

Another question, for those of you using analog sensors, did you use the ground terminal on the dash logic connector. I am only using one slot for the blue wire, nothing in the ground slot, would that be the issue?
Do i just need to run a ground?
Are there any other fuel pressure sensors that can be used other than the aeromotive one. Anything else I should be checking??
Old 09-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

There are a ton of sensors you can use. Any 0-5V pressure sensor will work.

AEM, Haltech, etc all have pressure sensors for their stand alones that are 0-5V
http://www.aemelectronics.com/produc...l-psig-sensors

Last edited by Unreal; 09-04-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:07 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

Just noticed something when looking at that aem sensor.
When I got the new fuel pressure sensor from aeroforce, the portion where the wire attaches to the connection on the fuel rail was different. I didnt think about it and did not swap it out, just connected the wire to the old one on the rail (im talking about the metal part that screws into the adaptor which connects to the fuel rail). Could this have caused the difference in pressure I was seeing when the fp sensor was working?
Old 09-04-2014, 04:02 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

Spk to dashlogic, did some quick troubleshooting.
The issue is not with the dashlogic.

They did ask if I am using the resistor that aeroforce provides. I didnt use it based on the instructions they provided.

For those of you guys running the aeroforce fp sensor, did you wire in the resistor?
Old 09-04-2014, 04:05 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by pikkashoe
Spk to dashlogic, did some quick troubleshooting.
The issue is not with the dashlogic.

They did ask if I am using the resistor that aeroforce provides. I didnt use it based on the instructions they provided.

For those of you guys running the aeroforce fp sensor, did you wire in the resistor?
I used the resistor but my understanding is it is only to protect the sensor when you disconnect the gauge from the obd port while powered. I do this often as I switch between my aeroforce and HPT. I have never had a problem with the sensor myself.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:09 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

I sent an email to aeroforce to see whats going on. The guy at dash logic told me to test the voltage output of the signal wire from the fp. The fp sensor mayhave died again. Not really sure whats going on at this point.

I read the aem fuel pressure sensor instructions, that one does not require any resistor, so I may try that one.

One last note. Any reason why the AEM fp sensor is twice as much at $150?

Last edited by pikkashoe; 09-04-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Different sensor. AEM is just one. Look at any place. Autometer, haltech, proefi, motec, fast, etc etc all have pressure sensors. Shop around and pick one you like. The aeroforce (not aeromotive) is cheap but picking and fragile.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:02 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

Thanks unreal, figured aeroforce is one of those you get what you pay for deals.
With that in mind, since I know yours is working fine, which brand did you end up going with? Or are you still using an aeroforce? At this point, I don't mind spending the extra money to ensure I get a higher quality sensor and the piece of mind it will bring.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:01 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

Quick question, if I order this:

Amazon Amazon

It appears its just the sensor, and not the wire that connects to the dash logic. Can i just use the red/black/blue wire that came with the aeroforce fp sensor?
Old 09-05-2014, 07:57 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Maybe I am just lucky on this. The aeroforce sensor has been working fine for almost 2 years now.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:53 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

Tested everything with my multi meter. Confirmed the sensor is getting 5 volts, and all connections are good, ground is good.

With the engine off and key in acc mode, I am getting a reading of 2.04 volts. Engine on at idle, 2.25 volts. Shouldn't it be .5 volts with the engine off, since there wouldn't be any pressure in the lines. .5 volts corresponds to 0 psi. Guessing my sensor is bad.

Aeroforce tech support is horrible, they won't give me a number to call, so its all over email, and they take days sometimes to respond. Think I am just going to get the AEM fp sensor, and request a refund from Aeroforce.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:38 PM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pikkashoe
Tested everything with my multi meter. Confirmed the sensor is getting 5 volts, and all connections are good, ground is good.

With the engine off and key in acc mode, I am getting a reading of 2.04 volts. Engine on at idle, 2.25 volts. Shouldn't it be .5 volts with the engine off, since there wouldn't be any pressure in the lines. .5 volts corresponds to 0 psi. Guessing my sensor is bad.

Aeroforce tech support is horrible, they won't give me a number to call, so its all over email, and they take days sometimes to respond. Think I am just going to get the AEM fp sensor, and request a refund from Aeroforce.
That suggests the sensor is working. Are you plugging into AD1 or AD2 on the DashLogic?

Get notified of new replies

To Dash Logic and fuel pressure sensor set up

Old 09-05-2014, 07:09 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

Plugged into ad1. Will it make a difference?
Old 09-05-2014, 08:11 PM
RPOWU8
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Even after you turn the car off there is usually pressure in the lines for a period of time. You might want to get a temp fuel pressure gage and test what pressures you get with that to see what your car does.

DJ

Last edited by RPOWU8; 09-05-2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-06-2014, 10:21 AM
pikkashoe
Racer

Is there a point , say overnight, where there would be no pressure in the lines. Or are they always pressurized?

Going to head over to auto zone now to see if I can find a mechanical fuel pressure gauge to test it right off the fuel rail.

If indeed my fp is 66 psi, what could cause this. Nothing has changed since the last sensor, when it was reading 58 psi.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dash Logic and fuel pressure sensor set up