C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upp twin turbo c6/z06 official release!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 12:09 AM
x88
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Really interested in some video footage and heat testing after say, for example, 3 consecutive 50-150 pulls (which should take under 60s
Old 08-27-2014, 12:05 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Ruski_Driver
Really interested in some video footage and heat testing after say, for example, 3 consecutive 50-150 pulls (which should take under 60s

Unfortunately the R&D car has been returned to the customer, so we don't have the ability to do in house testing any longer. We do have some dyno video, but it still needs to be edited and uploaded and we've been a bit backed up with orders lately so I haven't had a chance to get that done.

Our customer is doing some field testing for us however, and we should be getting some under-hood temps along with some direct manifold temps here shortly. Then we're going to heat coat all his pipes and take the readings again.

Also we have opted to include the heat treating as standard on all of the kits! This way we can really be confident in our product and the under-hood temps not causing an issue in any environment. So any of you guys that have already ordered a kit, they will be getting the ceramic heat coating.

But just for our knowledge and satisfaction, we're going to be testing the efficiency of the heat coating anyways.

CK
Old 08-29-2014, 12:23 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Don't miss out, $8999.99 ($1000.00 OFF) pricing is good through tomorrow (8/30/14)!

If you're on the fence about this kit, you'd better act now! This is the last change for the incredible introductory pricing!
Old 09-02-2014, 06:12 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

0% Financing on all UPP Turbo Kits through TPS Motorsports AND get FREE SHIPPING to any address in the USA!
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 09-06-2014, 01:53 AM
c6gaston
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you located in utah? Dyno sheet says it was dynoed in sandy. Im located in provo. Pm me. Im interested in a turbo kit
Old 09-06-2014, 07:27 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

My dyno sheet was in Utah at a place I would never recommend. UPP is in colorado.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:29 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by c6gaston
Are you located in utah? Dyno sheet says it was dynoed in sandy. Im located in provo. Pm me. Im interested in a turbo kit
Hey sorry for the slow response, yea like Unreal said, we're in Colorado Springs, CO.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:23 AM
Ultrasport05
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

CK any news from your test mule about underhood temps or any other updates from kits that have been installed.

Last edited by Ultrasport05; 10-06-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:39 AM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ultrasport05
CK any news from your test mule about underhood temps or any other updates from kits that have been installed.
He sent me in the temps uncoated, after beating on it, which weren't all that bad. It was enough to slightly melt the edge of the fuse box lid, which is why we've opted to just make the ceramic coating standard with the kits and not to chance playing with the heat. His setup is in the mail on its way back to us now for the coating so we can measure the differences.

CK
Old 10-07-2014, 07:28 PM
Ultrasport05
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS

He sent me in the temps uncoated, after beating on it, which weren't all that bad. It was enough to slightly melt the edge of the fuse box lid, which is why we've opted to just make the ceramic coating standard with the kits and not to chance playing with the heat. His setup is in the mail on its way back to us now for the coating so we can measure the differences.

CK
Nice! Sounds like it should be golden with the coating. Id still worry since its hot as all hell in Florida. My blower car gets really hot here so I can imagine how hot the bay would get with your new kit.

One more question, what are the advantages of this kit over your other fender mount kit besides the obvious cool factor? The fender mount kit is less intrusive and requires less modification to the bay?

Im really debating hard on switching from my centri to turbos. I just need to decide if its absolutely worth it otherwise I won't do it.

Thanks again
Old 10-07-2014, 09:36 PM
staticki
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Anyway to order the kit minus the turbos?
Old 10-08-2014, 12:21 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by staticki
Anyway to order the kit minus the turbos?
Yes, you can order it right down to the individual components, it's just much more expensive that way as there's no "package" discount.

W/O turbos is -$800
Old 10-18-2014, 02:45 AM
qnitro
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Just curious.. Does it retain the a/c also, do you recommend fuel system upgrade..
Old 10-18-2014, 06:52 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by qnitro
Just curious.. Does it retain the a/c also, do you recommend fuel system upgrade..
Yes and depends on your goals.. but almost certainly, yes
Old 10-20-2014, 01:47 AM
c6gaston
Advanced

Any updates on this kit? Numbers, dyno, video?
Old 10-21-2014, 02:25 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by c6gaston
Any updates on this kit? Numbers, dyno, video?
No real updates as nothing has really changed. Hoping a few of the guys who purchased these post up their results once they're done. Numbers and dyno were both in the first post. Video is still coming, haven't had a chance to edit it yet, as we've been really backed up with orders lately and I don't get home till close to midnight most nights.

CK
Old 10-21-2014, 04:10 PM
dcblackss
Advanced

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
Oh, I get it, because of the SC, that makes sense. Didn't really think about that, I just assumed they slapped a SC in there with everything else going on. Honestly I don't know, we haven't had enough time to fit one of these to a LS9, so I'm not sure which all accessories/brackets are the same or reusable. But I suppose worst case scenario you'd have to swap out all of them with LS3/7 accessories (or brackets).

We'll have the install instructions up here hopefully soon. But as a quick list:
Alternator relocated-flipped
Alternator bracket cut
Inner fender liner holes for w/g dump
radiator relocated - forward/drop
PS reservoir relocated
Coolant reservoir relocated
Window washer fill neck cut/relocated.
Coils - relocated

Plugs are actually really not that bad. You can get to them pretty easily from under the car. All but one is accessible, and the one is only impeded by the down pipe, which is literally 2x 11mm nuts that you have to remove thanks to the V-band clamps.

We just incurred the cost of creating and designing this twin turbo setup, and a single turbo would have absolutely no added benefit. It's like which is better a gallon of milk or 2x half-gallons? No sense in reinventing the wheel and incurring 2x the R&D costs for zero benefit.

And as far as rear mount turbos, we try our best to stay as far away from those as possible. Two things run a turbo, heat and pressure. Putting the turbos back there you lose BOTH, thus resulting in longer lag and less efficient (powerful) turbos.

CK
Any pictures of the alternator relocation?

Get notified of new replies

To Upp twin turbo c6/z06 official release!!

Old 10-21-2014, 09:15 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dcblackss
Any pictures of the alternator relocation?

Attached Images   
Old 11-07-2014, 04:56 PM
TracyRR
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Very nice kit!!
Old 11-08-2014, 10:24 AM
dascorcha21
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do those headers clear tall valve covers? say KATECH or MAST?

If you opt not to utilize your turbos and instead use Precision turbos what sizes can your kit support?

What size is the downpipe? I'm guessing 3"?

Quick Reply: Upp twin turbo c6/z06 official release!!