C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upp twin turbo c6/z06 official release!!

Old 11-09-2014, 10:42 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by dascorcha21
Do those headers clear tall valve covers? say KATECH or MAST?
Not sure, but we should know on Tues. We've got another customer (or you) with very similar questions and we're going to take some measurements on Tues to find out.

If you opt not to utilize your turbos and instead use Precision turbos what sizes can your kit support?
The only turbos that have been fully tested and we know fit are ours. However that being said, our stg2 turbos are based off the Garrett's 35R's which are very similar in housing size to say a 62/62, all of which should fit. When we designed it we tried to account for a lot of clearance room, especially with the possibility of slight engine movement with semi-warn mounts. So it is entirely possible that turbos even bigger than those will fit in there. However with any turbo the orientation and arrangement of the turbo's output in relation to the T3 input may be different. We've designed the downpipes with V-Band clamps to allow for some adjust-ability as well as clocking. This is primarily because our stg1 turbos have a 5-bolt output whereas our stg2 turbos have a 4-bolt output. We have designed the 4/5bolt -> V-band adapters specially for the turbos we use such that we can utilize one down-pipe for either application. This is not to say though that it will work on every turbo with the same output pattern (4-bolt or 5-bolt) as the orientation or angle may differ in relation to the placement of the T3 flange, nor would we expect it to bolt directly up to a 3" v-band housing turbo, but it should give the option for enough room to make an adapter different from ours if one was needed.

What size is the downpipe? I'm guessing 3"?
Yes, 3".

CK
Old 11-09-2014, 11:36 PM
TracyRR
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The quality looks great!! I would have guessed wrong that it had T4 flanges.... My eyes are deceiving me, lol
Old 11-10-2014, 12:07 AM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TracyRR
The quality looks great!! I would have guessed wrong that it had T4 flanges.... My eyes are deceiving me, lol
They look pretty close, hard to tell from a pic. And we certainly can swap them out for T4's, although with those I'm really not sure what the space limitations would be.

CK
Old 11-10-2014, 12:31 AM
TracyRR
Burning Brakes

Ok, that is good to know! Thanks
Old 12-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Still_Slow
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CK,
Any update on the test mule, any vids??
Any pics of the new coating(is it black)?
Did the yellow Z have any fuel upgrades?
Old 12-16-2014, 12:29 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Still_Slow
CK,
Any update on the test mule, any vids??
Any pics of the new coating(is it black)?
Did the yellow Z have any fuel upgrades?
Still working on editing the vids, we've been really backed up with orders here lately, so I haven't had much of a chance.

Yes, the coating is black, and it looks clean as hell!

The yellow one only had bigger injectors. The stock fuel system seemed to hold up just fine with the 6 psi, although I don't doubt that he's probably near the edge of what it will be able to support.

CK
Old 12-16-2014, 12:50 PM
TracyRR
Burning Brakes

Damn right that looks great!!
Old 12-16-2014, 11:43 PM
beachcomber
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Looks awesome!
Old 12-19-2014, 07:54 PM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i may be interested in something like this in due time
Old 01-27-2015, 01:29 AM
c6gaston
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost 6 months and no updates? I've been holding on to my money to hear feedback before pulling the trigger
Old 01-27-2015, 12:18 PM
Cidz06
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Which turbos was use on the yellow vette.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:20 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by c6gaston
Almost 6 months and no updates? I've been holding on to my money to hear feedback before pulling the trigger
Not a whole lot to update on! lol We haven't made any changes to the kit overall, as we tried to address everything fully in the first run. We're selling these faster than we can make them at this point, I've even got 3 orders in fab right now going to the middle east.

I'll hit up a couple of our sales and see if I can get them to sign up on here and post up their results.

CK
Old 01-27-2015, 12:55 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cidz06
Which turbos was use on the yellow vette.
Those were our base model 5871 turbos.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:44 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

If any one is looking for a UPP kit we're an authorized dealer and offer up to 1 year financing at 0% interest.

We also accept all Car Care One Cards including America's Tire and Summit Racing
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 02-19-2015, 06:23 PM
Alpinist
Navigator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wheel well temperatures?

The gates are dumping into the wheel well area, not the fender. Where they exits is way below the actual fender cavity, as it wouldn't make alot of sense to dump into that closed cavity. The wheel well area has alot of airflow, which helps disperse the hot gasses so the heat doesn't concentrate and burn anything.

CK[/QUOTE]

I'm late to this thread. Looks like a great set up! Regarding the wastegates dumping into the wheel wells, do you have any sense of how much this will raise the temperatures around the front brakes? Any option for dumping the wastegate elsewhere? Also, a similar concern for the proximity to the brake fluid reservoir. I have found when tracking my Z06, keeping the brake fluid from boiling on a hot day can be problematic, even with fresh DOT 4 600° Motul fluid.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:51 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

delete

Last edited by NICK YOSKIN; 02-20-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:57 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Nice seeing another top mount out there! BTW I like your alternator location

Get notified of new replies

To Upp twin turbo c6/z06 official release!!

Old 02-20-2015, 02:15 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Alpinist

I'm late to this thread. Looks like a great set up! Regarding the wastegates dumping into the wheel wells, do you have any sense of how much this will raise the temperatures around the front brakes? Any option for dumping the wastegate elsewhere? Also, a similar concern for the proximity to the brake fluid reservoir. I have found when tracking my Z06, keeping the brake fluid from boiling on a hot day can be problematic, even with fresh DOT 4 600° Motul fluid.
There wasn't a whole lot of room for the WG to begin with, hence one of the main reasons for our swap over to TurboSmart products, because they're the smallest on the market. The dump into the top of the tire area, and with the airflow going through there it really shouldn't pose a problem at all, and it's not really that near the brakes. The brake reservoir was a concern, but that's why we've implemented a stainless steel heat shield along with heat wrap. Thus far it as not proved to be a problem. Also the ceramic coating (which is standard now) helps out a TON! The under-hood temps really aren't all that bad after we implemented the ceramic coating.

CK
Old 02-20-2015, 02:17 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
Nice seeing another top mount out there! BTW I like your alternator location
Didn't even notice yours was flipped backwards. In all honestly I got the idea from A&A's setup.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:22 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
Didn't even notice yours was flipped backwards. In all honestly I got the idea from A&A's setup.

NP!

YOU SHOULD CALL ADVANCED THERMAL PRODUCT ON THEIR INCONEL HEAT SHIELDS! Their products are over the top!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Upp twin turbo c6/z06 official release!!