C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 c6 419 twin turbo 4l65e what to expect

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 06:46 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by Greenhornet347
well the results are in..on stock tr6060 car made 1060rwhp before input shaft broke and tq tube bent..and now with the rpm level 7 trans 65e car made 991rwhp uncorrected and made 955rwhp corrected and those number are on 18lbs....made 3 dyno pulls maybe 5 pulls on the street with my tuner and made 3 pulls with my chick after having the car home for 2 hrs and left me stranded lol...im not sure if the trans is gone or it might be convertor...trans has no gears not even reverse no funny clicking or clanking like from the 6060 when that broke....does the 80e require cutting or should I go 65e level x? lmk some of yalls opinions.....thanks
Maybe it broke a torque tube coupler? Could have also broke an axle stubb in the diff, if that happens you will have no drive forward or reverse and no noises..--although I doubt it broke a stubb on the street/spinning tires.

Could have Sheered the converter bolts too..
I kind of doubt it broke the trans that fast but...anything is possible at this level.
You're gonna have to pull it all apart and investigate. Keep us posted..
I've been throwing 850 rwhp thru my level 7 for a while... Countless highway hits (3-2 downshifts) and about 4k miles...plus about 6-7 1/4 mile passes... And I bought this trans used.. Not saying it won't blow up tomorrow but..I've had good luck so far.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Greenhornet347
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Maybe it broke a torque tube coupler? Could have also broke an axle stubb in the diff, if that happens you will have no drive forward or reverse and no noises..--although I doubt it broke a stubb on the street/spinning tires.

I kind of doubt it broke the trans that fast but...anything is possible at this level.
I've been throwing 850 rwhp thru my level 7 for a while... Countless highway hits (3-2 downshifts) and about 4k miles...plus about 6-7 1/4 mile passes... And I bought this trans used.. Not saying it won't blow up tomorrow but..I've had good luck so far.
Thanks for the info..the trans will be out this next Friday..rpm is gonna call me monday so maybe the level 10 will do but if not I'm goin glide..
Old 11-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Greenhornet347
Instructor

Thanks for the info..the trans will be out this next Friday..rpm is gonna call me monday so maybe the level 10 will do but if not I'm goin glide..I will keep this post updated
Old 11-22-2014, 10:38 PM
SHovV
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So 11 pulls later and a brand new stage 7 RPM trans busted?

That sucks
Old 11-22-2014, 11:30 PM
Greenhornet347
Instructor

Originally Posted by SHovV
So 11 pulls later and a brand new stage 7 RPM trans busted?

That sucks
Hoping it isn't the trans just yet..but if it is gonna need to go with rpm's 10 unit or just say the hell with it and go glide...I'm really towards the glide for as much as a drive the car...I have a goal and womt stop till its achieved..
Old 11-23-2014, 03:32 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

You'll definitely go faster with the glide...much less parasitic loss, lighter, 1 less shift to make...converter will have to be dead on right...not to mention the glide will be 10x stronger then anything else you put in it.

If you are shooting for mid 8s, I'd just do the glide now...
Old 11-23-2014, 08:42 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

You'll definitely go faster with the glide...much less parasitic loss, lighter, 1 less shift to make...converter will have to be dead on right...not to mention the glide will be 10x stronger then anything else you put in it.

If you are shooting for mid 8s, I'd just do the glide now...
Plenty of people go faster with a 3speed than a glide. Especially on something that's on the heavier side.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Greenhornet347
Instructor

I wouldn't mind a 400 but just don't wanna cut the car up..only time will tell what really happend to it..
Old 11-23-2014, 01:46 PM
SHovV
Pro

Does RPM send any guidelines or install instruction for their auto swaps?

How do they say the trans should be tuned as far as shift points and line pressures are concerned?
Old 11-23-2014, 06:38 PM
backchannel
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Does RPM send any guidelines or install instruction for their auto swaps?

How do they say the trans should be tuned as far as shift points and line pressures are concerned?
The biggest 4l65 killer is oil temp and it is nearly impossible to keep it 200* or lower which is what RPM wants for high horsepower use.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:40 PM
SHovV
Pro

Originally Posted by backchannel
The biggest 4l65 killer is oil temp and it is nearly impossible to keep it 200* or lower which is what RPM wants for high horsepower use.
So a big beefy trans cooler is needed as well?
Old 11-23-2014, 06:53 PM
ATLS2
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could I use my dewatts radiator engine oil cooler section for the transmission instead?
Old 11-24-2014, 05:48 AM
Greenhornet347
Instructor

I'm using magnashift trans controller..it has a box that I push up or down to shift with a line pressure **** built in the box..and my trans cooler cooler is under the diff on the cradle with a fan above it...just with the trans swap I can see the big diffrence how the car runs and I really like it..stick is fun but can't compare to the new attitude..

Last edited by Greenhornet347; 11-24-2014 at 05:50 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:31 PM
backchannel
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

So a big beefy trans cooler is needed as well?
I have a B&M trans cooler with fan and a cooler in the rear brake duct inlet. Was not enough.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:34 PM
backchannel
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm using magnashift trans controller..it has a box that I push up or down to shift with a line pressure **** built in the box..and my trans cooler cooler is under the diff on the cradle with a fan above it...just with the trans swap I can see the big diffrence how the car runs and I really like it..stick is fun but can't compare to the new attitude..
You have too much torque for a 4l65!!
Old 11-24-2014, 02:07 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

The 4l60s are VERY particular to trans pressures... Was that controller programmed by RPM? Tuning these trannies are not something I would freelance...other then shift points and converter lock up... Everything else needs to be setup by rpm..too many variables that can screw stuff up..

I use the PCS controller that has a tune from RPM, I just manipulate shift points and TCC... Trans always shifts perfect...

I'd be suspect of your trans tune if RPM didn't map it.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:18 PM
backchannel
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

The 4l60s are VERY particular to trans pressures... Was that controller programmed by RPM? Tuning these trannies are not something I would freelance...other then shift points and converter lock up... Everything else needs to be setup by rpm..too many variables that can screw stuff up..

I use the PCS controller that has a tune from RPM, I just manipulate shift points and TCC... Trans always shifts perfect...

I'd be suspect of your trans tune if RPM didn't map it.
So what's your torque?

btw its than not then
Old 11-24-2014, 05:42 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by backchannel
So what's your torque?

btw its than not then
830 rwtq.

Thanks for the correction... I was uber concerned about my grammar when posting about transmissions, glad you caught it.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:32 PM
backchannel
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

830 rwtq.

Thanks for the correction... I was uber concerned about my grammar when posting about transmissions, glad you caught it.
Missed your earlier post about success with level 7 and was a little miffed at the implication of tuning failure. In any case, I was too curt.

Quick Reply: 08 c6 419 twin turbo 4l65e what to expect