C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People who think I hate PD blowers, Heartbeat fun inside

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 03:24 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Unreal, sorry it hasn't worked out as expected. Did you do any monitoring of pressures pre and post blower and even pre and post intercooler bricks? There are some ZR1 guys on here pushing 1000rwhp through the TVS with gas so the blower can flow a fair chunk of air. And I think the heartbeat uses larger bricks!

If the guy is used to running has can't you use the n2o to light off the turbos and pull the gas as they come on? Should give the same feeling as with blower but without. There is also anti lag although the need an aftermarket ecu to do it properly.

Or, and hear me out before shooting me down, how about an electric supercharger feeding each turbo? Daft idea? Volvo are doing it on their new 450bhp four pot engine!
Old 10-12-2014, 03:41 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
That must be the most ignorante and retarded thing i read lately!!!
Of course torque is useless, specially on the street, Carol Shelby was drunk when he said: HP sells cars, torque win race!
What old Motörhead is getting at is you should be in the right gear for the situation. He is right there is no need to be below 3500rpm when racing no matter where you are! And any decent turbo setup should be coming on pretty strong from these rpm upwards. If not maybe look at my post above for some ideas on how to combat it.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Yah, this car made 1300rwhp on n2o and heartbeat. Not sure how n2o airflow/etc compares, but boost backing up isn't working through the maggie intercoolers. Yes pressure measurements were taken everywhere. Same with airflow. With the intercooler bricks in place airflow peaks out at a certain lb/min. More boost and it barely moves. Prebrick pressure goes up and up with minimal change to post intercooler.

There are other issues too like the maggie fuel rails are starting to become an issue. Can't swap to aftermarket because of the maggie design. With n2o it was able to feed the extra fuel through the blower.

n2o system is still in the car. Currently plan is probably pull the blower off, make 1200-1400rwhp on turbo alone, and if needed spray down low to spool, but I doubt that is needed. It is a texas mile car, and spraying off the line just to spool them, especially on a 434ci motor shouldn't be needed at all.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:56 PM
monsta01
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Yah, this car made 1300rwhp on n2o and heartbeat. Not sure how n2o airflow/etc compares, but boost backing up isn't working through the maggie intercoolers. Yes pressure measurements were taken everywhere. Same with airflow. With the intercooler bricks in place airflow peaks out at a certain lb/min. More boost and it barely moves. Prebrick pressure goes up and up with minimal change to post intercooler.

There are other issues too like the maggie fuel rails are starting to become an issue. Can't swap to aftermarket because of the maggie design. With n2o it was able to feed the extra fuel through the blower.

n2o system is still in the car. Currently plan is probably pull the blower off, make 1200-1400rwhp on turbo alone, and if needed spray down low to spool, but I doubt that is needed. It is a texas mile car, and spraying off the line just to spool them, especially on a 434ci motor shouldn't be needed at all.
So the nitrous kit is a post blower setup? I'm just wondering if I did a 100 shot through a plate kit if I would be ok. I'm assuming so since I'd only be around the 750ish range. I really think I'd be happy with that through my auto. I'm just not sure if I want to go through all the trouble to swap to a centri and go for 750-800 on boost or hit 650 on my Heartbeat and spray it.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:07 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

It was staged, some pre, some post.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

He took the blower off and gained 500rwhp and 550rwtq. Not bad for swapping the blower with a stock intake manifold.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Haha that's awesome.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:20 PM
FormulaLS1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
He took the blower off and gained 500rwhp and 550rwtq. Not bad for swapping the blower with a stock intake manifold.

Quick Reply: People who think I hate PD blowers, Heartbeat fun inside