C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 06 LS2 cammed and Supercharged, Couple ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 05:55 PM
ZincGT
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default New to me 06 LS2 cammed and Supercharged, Couple ?'s

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Steven I just bought a 2006 Ls2 with a list of work done on the car. From the research I have done I believe this is OakleyGuy's old car.

I have a few questions that I need help with, this is my first corvette (I come from the mustang world, please dont judge me lol)

The car currently has a magnuson mp112 with a 3.1 pulley and a 21 Century Muscle Cars 400 cam and full exhaust.

The car dynos 540 sae corrected 437 uncorrect at 5280' (Denver CO)

I took it to the track last night, the previous owner never did and I never saw anything about oakleyguy taking it to the track.

I ran a 12.6 @ 115 with a 2.1 60' with a DA of 8000ft

The car runs good but i was really expecting a higher trap speed, I am going to go over the tune and do some data logs to see if its pulling timing.

What are my options for upgrading the supercharger head unit to a tvs? Do I have to buy the whole kit or will just the head unit and maybe a few brackets swap.

Is the magnuson heat exchanger/pump good or do I have options there to upgrade.

I am a little iffy on the CMC-400 cam being a good blower cam but im unsure if swapping it would be worth the hassle/cost.

Any thoughts/opinions or questions are appreciated and welcomed

Thanks Steven
Attached Images    
Old 08-08-2014, 04:33 PM
ZincGT
Racer

no one.....?
Old 08-08-2014, 09:47 PM
shftn7
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZincGT
no one.....?
put on the dyno with a tuner and pull logs. are you running street tires? is wheelspin limiting the 60ft'?
Old 08-08-2014, 10:44 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

The most free improvement you can do is get on flat land! You're losing a ton of power.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:59 AM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

That's a small blower too, isn't it? I would check the tune on dyno before anything else. Don't get discouraged since you have a disadvantage with your high altitude. Boost is the cure for that!
Old 08-09-2014, 11:44 AM
ZincGT
Racer

Originally Posted by shftn7
put on the dyno with a tuner and pull logs. are you running street tires? is wheelspin limiting the 60ft'?
345 Nitto Invos
Old 08-09-2014, 12:11 PM
ZincGT
Racer

I know im at altitude but there are Z06 up here that make roughly the same power and trap 125+

Im going to purchase hp tuners and do some logging
Old 08-09-2014, 03:30 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

You're down roughly 30hp from your actual uncorrected dyno #s at 8k' so you won't trap anywhere near 125.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:27 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

You can upgrade just the head unit. I believe the coolant pump is the same as Magnuson has used for years. I know the newer Heartbeat heat exchanger is a good upgrade over the older unit.

Now, it gets down to how much money you want to part with (dammit, that always happens). Not sure of the exact quote, but the gist of it was...."speed = $'s, how fast do you want to go?"

I don't think the Magnuson Heartbeat TVS2300 is available for the LS2. Your next best option, if you want to upgrade the blower, is a jackshaft Maggie TVS2300. You can just swap the head unit. Reuse your h/e, pump, and other ancillary items.

I'd get rid of the cam you have and go custom. You won't pick up much power, but you can have more power on the bottom end, similar top end, and WAY better manners. If you like how your Vette behaves now, a cam swap might not be money well spent for you. In my book, the true value of a well specced supercharger system is what you see when you can have one that gives away nothing in the manners, efficiency, and power department...yet gives you BIG power increases at any RPM you choose to use it. A 218/232 118lsa custom cam won't leave any power on the table and will drive stock like. You surely already have the upgraded valve train to use a cam like that.

I can't help you with your altitude "problem". Obviously, positive manifold pressure helps. Get in contact with a tuner that's experienced dealing with the mile high stuff.

Get notified of new replies

To New to me 06 LS2 cammed and Supercharged, Couple ?'s

Quick Reply: New to me 06 LS2 cammed and Supercharged, Couple ?'s