C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed to a Tial 50mm BOV from Bosch

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 10:29 AM
CUSVT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Changed to a Tial 50mm BOV from Bosch

Just thought I'd share my experience because there is a ton of threads on the question. I have a ECS 1500SL makes about 15 pounds of boost it had the stock plastic bosch BOV mounted on the IC and changed to a Tial 50mm and mounted it on the pipe that goes through bumper into the IC (Pre intercooler). I live in TX and its 105 in the summer and humid. The car has Dewitts radiator and spal fans, 100% water and additive. Before the swap the car just would not cool at all in traffic and would get up to 230 after awhile with AC on. After the swap it seems to vent the air pre intercooler allowing the radiator to to work a bit better. As far *** performance the car is MUCH more responsive in daily driving. Car seems to build boost much quicker. The last thing is the sound, it used to sound like a rattle snake now has the typical BOV sound which is fun. Let me know if you have any questions if you are thinking about the swap.

Last edited by CUSVT; 08-26-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:06 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CUSVT
Just thought I'd share my experience because there is a ton of threads on the question. I have a ECS 1500SL makes about 15 pounds of boost it had the stock plastic bosch BOV mounted on the IC and changed to a Tial 50mm and mounted it on the pipe that goes through bumper into the IC (Pre intercooler). I live in TX and its 105 in the summer and humid. The car has Dewits radiator and spal fans, 100% water and additive. Before the swap the car just would not cool at all in traffic and would get up to 230 after awhile with AC on. After the swap it seems to vent the air pre intercooler allowing the radiator to to work a bit better. As far *** performance the car is MUCH more responsive in daily driving. Car seems to build boost much quicker. The last thing is the sound, it used to sound like a rattle snake now has the typical BOV sound which is fun. Let me know if you have any questions if you are thinking about the swap.
keep your filter on.. in that location its like a street sweeper kicking up dirt all over the place..
Old 08-26-2014, 01:20 PM
95vettski
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
keep your filter on.. in that location its like a street sweeper kicking up dirt all over the place..
The tial bov has a filter?

Op, always better to vent before the intercooler as you discovered.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:22 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 95vettski
The tial bov has a filter?

Op, always better to vent before the intercooler as you discovered.
The filter on his blower
Old 08-26-2014, 03:05 PM
95vettski
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
The filter on his blower
That's what I thought you were saying
Old 08-26-2014, 10:06 PM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

My kit shipped with the tial Q. Wouldn't have it any other way...looks awesome through the grill mounted to the fmic.

Get notified of new replies

To Changed to a Tial 50mm BOV from Bosch

Quick Reply: Changed to a Tial 50mm BOV from Bosch