C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for my fellow Meth heads

Old 09-02-2014, 10:21 PM
chaver450
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question for my fellow Meth heads

Just had a meth kit installed, smaller pulley (A&A), and a tune... Here's the problem: If I drive the car aggressively and get into the meth a few times on my way somewhere and park, the car always has a problem with "light off" on the subsequent start, meaning it cranks fine, sounds like it gets it's initial shot of gas, then dies sometimes and almost dies other times.
Do I have a leaky meth nozzle, is it pooling somewhere, am I killing my engine? Please tell me someone else has had this issue and has the fix. For the record, my mechanic has never heard of this happening before. Someone throw some knowledge at me!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:26 AM
Ls240sx
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I noticed on one vehicle we installed a meth kit where the reservoir was close to he same height as the nozzle and when full it may have been just over the nozzle, that it seemed it was dripping out off the nozzle while sitting. So I would just check the reservoir/nozzle placement
Old 09-03-2014, 10:55 AM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What kit? Where is the tank located compared to the nozzle? And check valves? tells us more
Old 09-03-2014, 06:56 PM
chaver450
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to be that guy but I'm not sure what kit I have. It uses the windshield washer tank though.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:37 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by chaver450
Just had a meth kit installed, smaller pulley (A&A), and a tune... Here's the problem: If I drive the car aggressively and get into the meth a few times on my way somewhere and park, the car always has a problem with "light off" on the subsequent start, meaning it cranks fine, sounds like it gets it's initial shot of gas, then dies sometimes and almost dies other times.
Do I have a leaky meth nozzle, is it pooling somewhere, am I killing my engine? Please tell me someone else has had this issue and has the fix. For the record, my mechanic has never heard of this happening before. Someone throw some knowledge at me!

About all I can suggest is disconnect the meth line and do some testing to verify the meth system really is the issue. Cap/plug the meth nozzle, deactivate the system, and do some driving while staying out of the boost.

I had a similar issue that I never really got to the bottom of. I looked into the throttle area after parking the car and never saw anything, but I suppose it could have been vapor at that point. Don't think I ever tried actually disconnecting the line, though. I'd try that first.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:43 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

If it's an Alky Control kit it should have a one way check valve in the line.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:49 PM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I had to return my alky controller as it was staying on even when shutting ignition off or turning control **** off. I agree to eliminate it by shutting it off or disconnecting it (pull the fuse) and see if it still happens.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:24 AM
corvettepower
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If u fine out let me kno I'm having same problem

Get notified of new replies

To Question for my fellow Meth heads

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question for my fellow Meth heads