C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wait time for your Maggie Heartbeat??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 08:27 PM
erupted
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wait time for your Maggie Heartbeat??

Hey guys just wondered how long it took you to get a Heartbeat or any other supercharger from Magnuson?

Are vendor delays for this kind of equipment common?

I ordered mine on 28th July and was told they were expecting a coolant line by the end of the month. July passed, so I have waited.

On the 21st of August, I emailed Magnuson for an update. Was told maybe by Friday the 29th of August.

Didn't hear anything on the 29th, so I emailed them yesterday Thursday the 4th of Sep. I was then told some of the housing failed (Not sure if they meant hosing) and they were checking how many they would ship out and let me know my status today.

Today has come and went with no response from Magnuson as promised.

So has anyone else dealt with Magnuson lately?

I placed the order through MTI racing and they have been great at keeping me posted about the delays and are waiting for the SC as well so they can do the install.

But the guys at Magnuson are sure testing my patience.

Kevin
Old 09-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I had some not-so-great experiences with Magnuson's customer service back in 2007. They put together a 122 "hot rod" blower package for the LS1 that I had in my '67 Camaro. Half the parts in the kit were wrong the first time around. Eventually they made everything right, but it wasn't a pleasant experience. Part of the problem was that it was a custom system, the other being that the guy helping me quit or got fired right in the middle of our deal. I'm sure that didn't help.

I bought my Heartbeat through Brian at Supercharger Connection, and couldn't be happier with his level of service. I didn't deal with Magnuson directly with this kit, so I can't comment on that this time.

I will say that issues with suppliers can cause these type of problems. My system was on the shelf ready to go, so it wasn't a problem for me. I seem to remember waiting a few months for my 122 blower back in the day, though.

Who have you been dealing with at Magnuson? I'd email Simon Gail. He's their lead tech, and seems to be someone who takes care of business. simon.gale@magnusonproducts.com
Old 09-06-2014, 09:56 AM
scottg
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by erupted
Hey guys just wondered how long it took you to get a Heartbeat or any other supercharger from Magnuson?

Are vendor delays for this kind of equipment common?

I ordered mine on 28th July and was told they were expecting a coolant line by the end of the month. July passed, so I have waited.

On the 21st of August, I emailed Magnuson for an update. Was told maybe by Friday the 29th of August.

Didn't hear anything on the 29th, so I emailed them yesterday Thursday the 4th of Sep. I was then told some of the housing failed (Not sure if they meant hosing) and they were checking how many they would ship out and let me know my status today.

Today has come and went with no response from Magnuson as promised.

So has anyone else dealt with Magnuson lately?

I placed the order through MTI racing and they have been great at keeping me posted about the delays and are waiting for the SC as well so they can do the install.

But the guys at Magnuson are sure testing my patience.

Kevin
Took about 3 weeks when DRM ordered mine in may of 2013. Went through the same thing as you, most often it was leaving voice mails and still no response. Their dealers get much faster service.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:01 PM
erupted
Instructor

Thanks guys..... some vendors are just better than others. For example, ordered some parts from American Hydrocarbon. They said up front that it would be 3 weeks for delivery.

I figured it would be closer to 5 weeks due to Carlisle.

I get home from golf today and there's a large package at the door.... It's from American Hydrocarbon..... right at the 3 week time frame as promised.

I really want the Maggie....Just would like better communication and an accurate estimate for delivery on their part.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:20 AM
0MTI RACING
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Heartbeat

erupted
We are doing everything we can to get your supercharger here and installed on your car. I know the wait time has been hard to deal with but I know once the supercharger is installed and tuned it will be ear to ear tire smoking grins.

In the meantime click the link and check out Reese turning a 1:22 at Road Atlanta.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
Old 09-10-2014, 05:11 PM
erupted
Instructor

Well, after talking to MTI it appears Magnuson is having supplier issues and the length of the delay for a Heartbeat SC is now unknown.

Something to do with bad supercharger housings from a supplier.

Anyway, going with the Eforce Stage 2, instead of spending any more time waiting...its been 6 weeks.... The Eforce will be here in a few days.

In addition, adding Kooks 1 7/8 headers, hi flow cats and the Borla S type II exhaust.

Again much thanks to MTI for keeping me in the loop...Something that Magnuson has not done.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:38 AM
c6 Barry
Heel & Toe

I ordered one a couple of weeks ago from s/c online,i guess it looks like a bit of a wait,well winter is almost here anyways.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:37 PM
monsta01
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a car I just bought with a Heartbeat kit on it. I am going to put the car back to stock. The kit has 5,000 miles on it. If anyone is interested in buying it let me know.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:19 PM
0Matt@Magnuson
Former Vendor

Guys, my apologies for both the delays and the radio silence. We try to be responsive and to get back to people same-day when they leave a message. It sounds like we have some work to do in this area and I will get to the bottom of why your calls went unanswered.

As for the Heartbeats - we have had a batch of castings that did not pass our quality inspection and that's put us behind several weeks. In something like a supercharger, there's no room for error or poor quality, so while it hurts to delay shipment a few weeks, it's for the better. I realize it's frustrating to have to wait, but bear with us another week or so. We've shipped a few this past week, and we'll be back on regular production with units on the shelf ready to ship here shortly.

Again, sorry for the wait guys.

-Matt@Magnuson

Originally Posted by erupted
Well, after talking to MTI it appears Magnuson is having supplier issues and the length of the delay for a Heartbeat SC is now unknown.

Something to do with bad supercharger housings from a supplier.

Anyway, going with the Eforce Stage 2, instead of spending any more time waiting...its been 6 weeks.... The Eforce will be here in a few days.

In addition, adding Kooks 1 7/8 headers, hi flow cats and the Borla S type II exhaust.

Again much thanks to MTI for keeping me in the loop...Something that Magnuson has not done.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:44 AM
c6 Barry
Heel & Toe

Thanks for the update, sure good to see quality comes first.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:04 AM
THE BLADE
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by c6 Barry
Thanks for the update, sure good to see quality comes first.
Looks like I was one of the lucky ones, I got mine last week and has been installed and is being tuned right now.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:16 AM
monsta01
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by THE BLADE
Looks like I was one of the lucky ones, I got mine last week and has been installed and is being tuned right now.
Post your results and mods in the results thread!!
Old 10-01-2014, 06:31 PM
c6 Barry
Heel & Toe

Mine came in last week, not the wait I was bracing for.

Get notified of new replies

To Wait time for your Maggie Heartbeat??

Quick Reply: Wait time for your Maggie Heartbeat??