C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPP tt reviews wanted

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 03:29 PM
GTPSS
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default UPP tt reviews wanted

All.

Almost ready to pull the trigger on the kit with upgraded turbos.

What is everyone's thoughts on the kit that actually have one? I've read/heard some shakey reviews on the original setup. But I can't find any reviews on their newer setup.

Thank you
Jeremiah
Old 09-17-2014, 04:27 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Old kit or new (top mount)?
Old 09-17-2014, 04:46 PM
GTPSS
Racer

The fender mount setup.
I understand there have been quite a few updates to that version and just want to know people's thoughts.

Quality
Power
Leaks
Install time
Ect

Any input is appreciated.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:12 PM
5plates
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump, same here...
Old 09-28-2014, 02:14 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I think they're GREAT!!!

But.....I'm rather bias.....

Kind of dead in here, let me drum up a couple of our customers see if they'd post up some reviews for you guys in here.

I know Shoaf, BlackMtchDown and a few others are on here, let me see if I can rally them this way.

CK
Old 09-28-2014, 05:01 PM
sr20dime
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Well, I have a LS2 408 with TFS 225 heads and bought the upgraded setup from CK in January. I will say the installation is frustrating because the instructions are from the original design and aren't specific to the upgraded turbos BUT CK and his team of guys are top notch with quality, customer service and responsiveness. (I'll say again TOP NOTCH!) I really couldn't be happier with the setup now it is on and making power. My car made 750whp and 730ft lbs on pump gas and I'm trying for more soon on methanol and nitrous. :-)

-Josh

Last edited by sr20dime; 09-28-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:37 PM
5plates
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
I think they're GREAT!!!

But.....I'm rather bias.....

Kind of dead in here, let me drum up a couple of our customers see if they'd post up some reviews for you guys in here.

I know Shoaf, BlackMtchDown and a few others are on here, let me see if I can rally them this way.

CK
Thanks CK! My name is Phil I'm in Denver I just got a quote from you guys last week on both versions.. I'm new to c6's, had his ls2 for 3wks. Haven't built anything in 10yrs, I pioneered the original Lt1 stuff in the 90's and ran GN's for a while and got away from things.. So I'm really looking forward to it! Just getting my research done!

Phil
Old 09-28-2014, 11:49 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Who's running the top mount setup? Any issues with underhood temps?
Old 09-29-2014, 11:46 AM
0Presence Dist.
Former Vendor

dont think anybody is out yet with the top mount rolling around with serious miles on them.

Lane_change may be going with on here in the future
Old 09-30-2014, 11:12 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Somebody needs to, but I'm not looking to be a guinea pig. I would rather see some numbers and some real world data concerning the brake fluid temperatures, coil pack integrity, etc... That's an awful like of hot pipes sitting way up high. It sure is a pretty kit, that's for sure. Did Bam-Bam ever get his top mount kit setup jigged for a kit? I knew he was looking into producing it at one point.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:55 AM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by lane_change
Somebody needs to, but I'm not looking to be a guinea pig. I would rather see some numbers and some real world data concerning the brake fluid temperatures, coil pack integrity, etc... That's an awful like of hot pipes sitting way up high. It sure is a pretty kit, that's for sure. Did Bam-Bam ever get his top mount kit setup jigged for a kit? I knew he was looking into producing it at one point.
Temps on the brake fluid were 160* cruising and ~190* after beating it for a while. Both of these were without ceramic coating. The original kit did some testing for us on temps and is now sending back his hot side to be ceramic coated. We're going to be taking some temps again once the ceramic coating is done to measure the difference, but according to the ceramic data, it should be a HUGE difference.

CK
Old 10-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Shoaf85
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I had the kit on my 2007 C6 and overall I was very pleased with the kit. The only thing that had me questioning the kit at first was the no name brand wastegates, BOV's and such (which from what I've seen now has been changed to top of the line products). Obviously I still ended up purchasing the kit with no regrets. I took my time with the install and everything came out the way it was supposed to. The car held boost just fine and IAT's stayed in check, no issues with what so ever and the performance results from my car spoke for themselves. Went 9's in the 1/4 easily and went multiple 6.1's in the 1/8 after figuring out some things that were overlooked on my tune, which was nearly 4 tenths faster than the 1/8 mile e.t.'s when it went 9's originally.

In other words my car was a sub 9.5 second capable car with NO other modification to the engine period, just the UPP turbo kit and accompanying driveline mods to hold the power it was making. I drove the car on a weekly basis picking my son up from school and taking him to his baseball games with all the gear in the back.

If you have already considered this kit then go for it, for the performance, price and the OUTSTANDING support from UPP you will be glad you did!

You can search for my videos (shoaf85) on youtube look at all my videos of the white C6 and you can see it for yourself
Old 10-20-2014, 11:26 PM
GTPSS
Racer

Thanks for the feedback.
I actually purchased the kit a few weeks ago and hope to see it soon. I know we ended up doing ceramic coating on everything and that would delay things a bit.
I can't wait to get this thing built!

Get notified of new replies

To UPP tt reviews wanted

Quick Reply: UPP tt reviews wanted