C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the fastest 6spd vette??

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 11:07 PM
busaetr
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt
1/4, 1/2, 1 mile, KOTS?
1/4 if I wanted the others it would have twin billet 80's in the rear and a 2.10 400 9" setup..
Old 09-17-2014, 11:10 PM
busaetr
Pro

Originally Posted by lane_change
I've only seen 1-2 high 8 sec 6 speeds C6's posted regardless of hp. At that point, it's just about making it all work.

What sheet metal intake? Stock hood or are you going with a cowl hood or just going to cut the hood.
Bingo.. I think I could've gone 9.50's with the H/C/I setup if I would've had time.. Still regret not going for it.. This time I'm all in and not playing..

My Marcella ports wouldn't come close on the new heads.. Frankenstein is doing the new heads and intake.. LME is doing the bottom end.. Will be a tall deck RHS 4.5" magnum crank, Callie's ultra billet rods, wiseco pistons, ARE pan, solid roller, stainless shaft mounts, etc etc etc.. Still going high comp 13.5:1 and sticking with E85.. They're thinking it'll make 850-900 hp..

Last edited by busaetr; 09-17-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:14 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by busaetr
Bingo.. I think I could've gone 9.50's with the H/C/I setup if I would've had time.. Still regret not going for it.. This time I'm all in and not playing..
What intake manifold and what ci are you planning to run?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:21 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Well, I think most will agree you got the easy part out of the way.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:25 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Fastest, I have been 214.8mph and 215mph at the Texas Mile last year, With a 6speed, Although I only used 5 gears.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:35 PM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by gotjuice?
Fastest, I have been 214.8mph and 215mph at the Texas Mile last year, With a 6speed, Although I only used 5 gears.
My first mile pull now at summer was 210.65 mph.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:38 PM
busaetr
Pro

488" Frankenstein intake..
Old 09-17-2014, 11:39 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

I'm guessing he's going to run the new billet one LME is making, but just guessing because he was using LME though.

Oh and Dunns car went 168mph, but he's now a 4L80 car. Gus's car went 163 I'm pretty sure about that I was there, but not 100% but pretty sure about that. Its on that video, but would have to go though and watch a lot of it to find the passes from that day.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:42 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by gotjuice?
Pftt... Sounds slow.

Originally Posted by inspector12
Nothing hard about it too ME, but you understand where I'm coming from. People go a lot faster than me with half the HP, but in a race car or purpuse built cars etc... So saying specifics don't matter is not exactly true. But looking forward to your build and results.
Truer words can't be spoken. The reason we like to classify things is because some guys build their cars for one reason. Also, the base C6 and Z06 frames are different. ZR1 has a different transmission. It's completely fair to categorize different cars. When somebody pulls up at the track with the hardtop in the trunk with luggage for a 600 mile drive afterwards in full street trim(no skinnies/etc) runs mid 9's for a non 1/4 built car, I think it's different than a gutted/geared 1/4 only build that shows up on a trailer.

OP, good luck. I think 8.50's are possible in these cars, but I'm not sure I'd want to DD your setup. Good luck and keep us updated! Is Lethal still working on your car?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:43 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

My Marcella ports wouldn't come close on the new heads.. Frankenstein is doing the new heads and intake.. LME is doing the bottom end.. Will be a tall deck RHS 4.5" magnum crank, Callie's ultra billet rods, wiseco pistons, ARE pan, solid roller, stainless shaft mounts, etc etc etc.. Still going high comp 13.5:1 and sticking with E85.. They're thinking it'll make 850-900 hp..
A friend of mine has a set of his RHS solid roller heads flowed 429 @700 I think, but he's got some nice ports, haven't seen a ton of results from them personally yet so this will be my first experience with his heads. Looking forward to seeing it come together for you.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:48 PM
busaetr
Pro

Originally Posted by inspector12
I'm guessing he's going to run the new billet one LME is making, but just guessing because he was using LME though.

Oh and Dunns car went 168mph, but he's now a 4L80 car. Gus's car went 163 I'm pretty sure about that I was there, but not 100% but pretty sure about that. Its on that video, but would have to go though and watch a lot of it to find the passes from that day.
Bryan wanted me to use the mast 305's and my Marcella.. I wanted FRH to do me a set of heads.. So I sent him my Marcella.. He looked at it and said his ports would be a LIL bigger then the ports on the intake.. So I said build me an intake.. It took almost 2 months to get the castings in from all pro.. He's had the heads 3 weeks now and is doing a custom one off deal.. I'm getting excited and am ready to tear some **** up..
Old 09-17-2014, 11:50 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

This thread is full of win! Finally some trash talk on the Vette forum, just when I thought it was full of waxers lol
Old 09-17-2014, 11:51 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Interesting setup. I knocked my compression down to 12:1 to allow for pump gas since chasing E85 sucks and with the ProEFI flex fuel sensor you can go back and forth and run mixed blends if your caught in a pinch. Sounds like you are planning a pretty radical n/a setup. How much juice through the fogger?

Will your intake manifold design have a large enough cross sectional area and still fit under the stock hood or are you going with an aftermarket hood or hole?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:56 PM
busaetr
Pro

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Pftt... Sounds slow.

Truer words can't be spoken. The reason we like to classify things is because some guys build their cars for one reason. Also, the base C6 and Z06 frames are different. ZR1 has a different transmission. It's completely fair to categorize different cars. When somebody pulls up at the track with the hardtop in the trunk with luggage for a 600 mile drive afterwards in full street trim(no skinnies/etc) runs mid 9's for a non 1/4 built car, I think it's different than a gutted/geared 1/4 only build that shows up on a trailer.

OP, good luck. I think 8.50's are possible in these cars, but I'm not sure I'd want to DD your setup. Good luck and keep us updated! Is Lethal still working on your car?
I DD it when it made 660/570.. It was the only vehicle I owned.. I did have a work truck, but I didn't drive it for personal stuff.. The cars at Lethal, but I'm not happy with Shawn and will probably go pick it up and ask for all my money they have.. Think I have a week or so and will be off work.. Maybe this post will get me a phone call..
Old 09-18-2014, 12:00 AM
busaetr
Pro

Interesting setup. I knocked my compression down to 12:1 to allow for pump gas since chasing E85 sucks and with the ProEFI flex fuel sensor you can go back and forth and run mixed blends if your caught in a pinch. Sounds like you are planning a pretty radical n/a setup. How much juice through the fogger?

Will your intake manifold design have a large enough cross sectional area and still fit under the stock hood or are you going with an aftermarket hood or hole?
Stock hood and no holes.. If I was gonna put hood on it I'd just put a cast all pro intake with a 4500 series TB.. I have no idea what he's doing on the intake.. It could end up with twin 102mm TB's for all I know.. Lol
Old 09-18-2014, 12:03 AM
busaetr
Pro

Originally Posted by 1MEANGS
This thread is full of win! Finally some trash talk on the Vette forum, just when I thought it was full of waxers lol
That's why it's been months since I've been on the site.. Yellow Bullet is all I need..
Old 09-18-2014, 12:05 AM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

That's why it's been months since I've been on the site.. Yellow Bullet is all I need..
I hear ya man... Everyone gets butt hurt too easily over here /:

Get notified of new replies

To Who has the fastest 6spd vette??

Old 09-18-2014, 12:11 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

What wheel/tire combo do you run in the back? I think the best 60ft I've seen was a 1.29 out of 69LS6's car, but don't quote me on that. I'm not sure his wheel/tire combo either.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:15 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Stock hood and no holes.. If I was gonna put hood on it I'd just put a cast all pro intake with a 4500 series TB.. I have no idea what he's doing on the intake.. It could end up with twin 102mm TB's for all I know.. Lol
If you hit these numbers, let him know he may have another customer in Houston who will sell his MAST 305's and Wilson Manifold to let him work magic on mine. I'll even swap the cam if he doesn't like it. Are these heads getting setup for nitrous with different, softer, chamber designs or is the focus on the n/a application first and foremost?

I'm curious on how they plan to achieve the proper cross sectional area under a stock hood for a 488ci motor. Can't wait to see the car in action.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:22 AM
busaetr
Pro

If you hit these numbers, let him know he may have another customer in Houston who will sell his MAST 305's and Wilson Manifold to let him work magic on mine. I'll even swap the cam if he doesn't like it. Are these heads getting setup for nitrous with different, softer, chamber designs or is the focus on the n/a application first and foremost?

I'm curious on how they plan to achieve the proper cross sectional area under a stock hood for a 488ci motor. Can't wait to see the car in action.
Everything is being done for around a 300 or so shot.. I'm just letting him do whatever he wants.. The all pro 12-1's were the best castings and really the only option.. I would've done the 12-2's but didn't want to mess with having headers built..

Quick Reply: Who has the fastest 6spd vette??