C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the fastest 6spd vette??

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 09:42 AM
0Jared@RPP
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went faster at my local track then I did at MIR with better air. These tracks arent miracle workers guys, Your not ALWAYS going to go faster there. Carry on!
Old 10-07-2014, 01:29 PM
busaetr
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robz
There's so many factors that contribute to how well you run other than the car itself.
You can say you live at altitude or in a hot climate.
You can say you don't own a shop you don't have the resources to fix and maintain your car as well as the guy who does.
You can say you didn't have the time to upgrade or don't have the $ like the other guy does.
You can say they have a better track to run on near where they live.
You can say your car is so much heavier and less aerodynamic
You can say he's making so much more HP, has more cubes, or has one power adder, or even 2 or 3.
You can say alot of things and all these do affect do affect how well your car will perform but no one's going to care when you choose to toe the line.
If you get drug or run down by a ricer do you think anyone's gonna say well his car is lighter or easier to launch? Nope.
If you choose to play then strive to be on your "A" game and run what you brung.
There's alot of factors, we all know that. DA is one of them and it can be significant at times but so can many other factors. It's what you make of what you have. Play by the laws yet try and defy them. If people are on your case then your doing something right.
Try to do more with less I tell ya. haha
Goodluck to the busa eater and thanks for stirring the pot a little and waking us up.
This^^^^^
If I wanted to hurt everyone's feelings I'd do a T400/9" setup and grudge race.. That's not what I want to do.. I want the baddest 1/4 mile 6 spd vette period.. Those are the only stipulations.. I'll repeat 1. Vette 2. 6 spd.. If you fit then get some, if you wanna run for cash then get some, if your slow then stfu, if your just bumping your gums then stfu..
I think I might give my buddy Brian @ LME a call to get me a back up engine started to go after SW's IRS 6 spd record....
Old 10-07-2014, 01:38 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by busaetr
....I think I might give my buddy Brian @ LME a call to get me a back up engine started to go after SW's IRS 6 spd record....
7.90 or bust...and bust...and bust...and bust...and...ah f*ck this sh*t, going automatic.
Attached Images  
Old 10-07-2014, 05:57 PM
busaetr
Pro

Originally Posted by lane_change
7.90 or bust...and bust...and bust...and bust...and...ah f*ck this sh*t, going automatic.
It's only money and a BUNCH of cuss words.. LOL
Old 10-07-2014, 06:42 PM
LSOHOLIC
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

OP............

What clutch ?
What guesstimate on weight ?

And you said in an earlier post, your thinking 900flywheel power before the n2o ??

Good luck on the project......
Old 10-09-2014, 02:06 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

This thread is fecking awesome.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:10 PM
busaetr
Pro

Originally Posted by LSOHOLIC
OP............

What clutch ?
What guesstimate on weight ?

And you said in an earlier post, your thinking 900flywheel power before the n2o ??

Good luck on the project......
Probably around 850 NA at the flywheel.. I'm trying to see about another intake incase the billet one won't get it done.. At minimum it'll have 28 jets in the dry fogger and a max of 32 jets.. The car will be full interior with a 6 pt roll bar on skinnies.. So I'd guess 3300-3400 lbs with me in it.. I have a Mantic dual disc that we may reuse, or might go with a triple disc.. Most guys just think vettes.. I think HP and weight.. This is enough engine N20 to go easy 7's in a 3k lb race car.. If I can't go 1/2 a second slower with this setup I'll be butt hurt.. I built race cares and did performance work from 99-08 for a living.. We did everything from tube chassis cars to h/c/I cars.. Times/technology have changed since then as we thought we were getting it done running 4.80-4.90's with a 737 on 4 kits on TT5's.. These days those guys are running 4.20's..
Old 10-10-2014, 01:38 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

Probably around 850 NA at the flywheel.. I'm trying to see about another intake incase the billet one won't get it done.. At minimum it'll have 28 jets in the dry fogger and a max of 32 jets.. The car will be full interior with a 6 pt roll bar on skinnies.. So I'd guess 3300-3400 lbs with me in it.. I have a Mantic dual disc that we may reuse, or might go with a triple disc.. Most guys just think vettes.. I think HP and weight.. This is enough engine N20 to go easy 7's in a 3k lb race car.. If I can't go 1/2 a second slower with this setup I'll be butt hurt.. I built race cares and did performance work from 99-08 for a living.. We did everything from tube chassis cars to h/c/I cars.. Times/technology have changed since then as we thought we were getting it done running 4.80-4.90's with a 737 on 4 kits on TT5's.. These days those guys are running 4.20's..
I get your logic. The power is there on the spray, it's just hard to get it to the ground esp. with a manual and an hydraulic clutch.

I think 8.50 is a more realistic goal but what the heck, shoot high.
The t6060 is likely capable as long as you are quick and smooth without too many missed shifts.The rear and clutch will take some abuse but probably not too many 1.2x's... but you may only need 1.3'x with all the spray.
And if you are just et chasing primarily you don't need to be consistent and repeat the et which will be tough.
But don't get me wrong, I know, like you do, 7's are possible but it's a slightly different formula and would require some testing, tuning, and effort.
I'm interested in seeing how it goes. Goodluck.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:58 PM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

My 2 cents...

Who cares about forum records? Lots of factors involved there. Just build yourself the best car you can within your budget and for what you want to do and have fun with it. Chasing the last two tenths can get real costly. Sure competition is fun but it really doesn't mean something unless two guys line up on the same track and see who gets there first.

Last edited by lt1z; 10-10-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:29 AM
robz
Le Mans Master

busaetr .
I'll line up with you n/a to n/a.
Pro tree.
1st one to the stripe wins.
Run what manual vette you brung .(but n/a)
One pass is fine with me.

If we can't get to the same track then best et . One pass is fine.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:12 PM
busaetr
Pro

busaetr .
I'll line up with you n/a to n/a.
Pro tree.
1st one to the stripe wins.
Run what manual vette you brung .(but n/a)
One pass is fine with me.

If we can't get to the same track then best et . One pass is fine.
Works for me.. Not sure when it'll be done.. Still waiting on the top end to get done so the engine can be finished.. I'm also going Friday to trade in my 2013 1500 CC SLT Z71 on a 2015 2500 Denali.. The 5.3 sucks for towing my car around and I'm planning on traveling all over to race.. When I get it running we can lock something in and find someone to hold a punk out deposit..
Old 10-15-2014, 06:10 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Works for me.. Not sure when it'll be done.. Still waiting on the top end to get done so the engine can be finished.. I'm also going Friday to trade in my 2013 1500 CC SLT Z71 on a 2015 2500 Denali.. The 5.3 sucks for towing my car around and I'm planning on traveling all over to race.. When I get it running we can lock something in and find someone to hold a punk out deposit..
It's all good. I'm hoping to throw up some numbers with my current setup. I don't see myself putting in the race motor. I may be retired before you start pissing people off.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:41 PM
busaetr
Pro

It's all good. I'm hoping to throw up some numbers with my current setup. I don't see myself putting in the race motor. I may be retired before you start pissing people off.
Lol.. I'm hoping to have it done before the end of the year, but it's not up to me..
Old 10-16-2014, 10:36 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

This^^^^^
If I wanted to hurt everyone's feelings I'd do a T400/9" setup and grudge race.. That's not what I want to do.. I want the baddest 1/4 mile 6 spd vette period.. Those are the only stipulations.. I'll repeat 1. Vette 2. 6 spd.. If you fit then get some, if you wanna run for cash then get some, if your slow then stfu, if your just bumping your gums then stfu..
I think I might give my buddy Brian @ LME a call to get me a back up engine started to go after SW's IRS 6 spd record....

Damn bro... You sound like a hard core racer.... Already setting up to travel and hustle with a car that's not even together and hasn't even ran a number yet...LOL..

All this talk of going 7s with a stick...NA even..LOL.. WTF are you smoking..? I bet you don't go quicker then 9.50s NA... 8.50s on a 300 shot and that's assuming everything is PERFECT on the setup...(suspension, faceplated trans, bulletproof drivetrain, slipper clutch)

This thread definitely belongs on LS1tech in the SRK sections or on Yellowbullet...

Good luck on your endeavors... I'm definitely sub'd to see the progress....Ofcourse we'll probably never know what it actually runs since youre a hustler and all..

Keep us posted...

PS
BTW, I gotta short busa that I guarantee you can't eat...

Last edited by ajrothm; 10-16-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:21 PM
busaetr
Pro

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Damn bro... You sound like a hard core racer.... Already setting up to travel and hustle with a car that's not even together and hasn't even ran a number yet...LOL..

All this talk of going 7s with a stick...NA even..LOL.. WTF are you smoking..? I bet you don't go quicker then 9.50s NA... 8.50s on a 300 shot and that's assuming everything is PERFECT on the setup...(suspension, faceplated trans, bulletproof drivetrain, slipper clutch)

This thread definitely belongs on LS1tech in the SRK sections or on Yellowbullet...

Good luck on your endeavors... I'm definitely sub'd to see the progress....Ofcourse we'll probably never know what it actually runs since youre a hustler and all..

Keep us posted...

PS
BTW, I gotta short busa that I guarantee you can't eat...
Never said anything about going 7's NA, or 7's at all with this combo..
Old 11-03-2014, 02:46 AM
busaetr
Pro

First pass / time in a car in over two years and went 1.39 60' on the first pass and 1.43 the second pass.. Car ended up going 1.41 60' 9.80 @ 142.. This was in a buddies 6 spd GS with cam, T-trim, meth, and full exhaust.. I think it made 770 rwhp.. There was a 402 YSI and a 427 YSI there that both went 10 teens at 143 and 145.. I don't get how low these supercharged cars mph.. I went 142 with 100-300 less rwhp then them..
Old 11-03-2014, 11:33 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

First pass / time in a car in over two years and went 1.39 60' on the first pass and 1.43 the second pass.. Car ended up going 1.41 60' 9.80 @ 142.. This was in a buddies 6 spd GS with cam, T-trim, meth, and full exhaust.. I think it made 770 rwhp.. There was a 402 YSI and a 427 YSI there that both went 10 teens at 143 and 145.. I don't get how low these supercharged cars mph.. I went 142 with 100-300 less rwhp then them..
Weight, lack of efficiency, and inflated dyno number BS is what gives Vettes the bad rap at the track..

Since you've built old school stuff, you know how much faster they can go with much less....

I see these crazy builds on C5s/C6s, both NA and blown...and I think about we were running these same ETs 20 years ago with rat motors...

My buddy has a 67 Camaro that runs 9.70s@137 with a 420", pump gas, hyd roller SBC that we built in his garage, drives it every where and basically maintenance free...... Yet C5s/C6s with $15k 440"+s struggle to run that ET/mph.

Weight and efficiency...

Get notified of new replies

To Who has the fastest 6spd vette??

Old 11-03-2014, 01:52 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd say most of the ET difference is in the weak drivetrain parts. An NA C5/C6 should be pretty damn light for the most part, but look at all the old school stick cars launch at the track. Even newer stuff like Mustangs with sold rears hit the tire so damn hard and roll out. Most vettes don't get out that hard, but if they do, they end up picking pieces up
Old 11-03-2014, 03:55 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by slow ride
I'd say most of the ET difference is in the weak drivetrain parts. An NA C5/C6 should be pretty damn light for the most part, but look at all the old school stick cars launch at the track. Even newer stuff like Mustangs with sold rears hit the tire so damn hard and roll out. Most vettes don't get out that hard, but if they do, they end up picking pieces up
I agree with that.

I ususally never run big tires on my vette with the c5z rear and always sacrifice 60' to keep it together.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:55 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Nice going. It's good to shake the rust off.

Quick Reply: Who has the fastest 6spd vette??