C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 01:06 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 732 Likes on 473 Posts

Default A&A Corvette Review

So I, accompanied by my brother, decided to pull the plug and headed down to southern California for about a 400 mile drive to A&A Corvette for a V3 Si centrifugal S/C install. As I arrived, I was greeted by the owner Andy and Josh who handles the scheduling, questions, some tuning, etc. We chatted for awhile and I left my car feeling comfortable that my car was in good hands.

A couple of days later I returned. The installation went well, no issues, no scratches and the car fired up with no leaks. The guys, Jesse, did a really good job with the install. Next, Andy spent time on the dyno tuning the car. The results: Bone stock 2008 coupe, NPP, Z51, 6 sp. manual with S/C put down 581 rwhp and 525 ft. lbs of torque. Max boost reached 10.8 # at 6400 rpm.
Test drive: I was actually pleasantly surprised with the low end power the car had. I could feel the difference in response immediately. At mid range the power has a strong linear pull and at the top end, 5k+, the power is "wicked". The car runs strong with available power at any rpm range. The delivery of power needs to be managed, otherwise stabbing the throttle in the lower gears will result in tire spin because my P285 Michelin sport ZP's can not keep up. On the way back home while my brother was driving, he said "it's a different car and much more fun to drive" I would have to completely agree.

One thing I did do when I returned home was raise the front end back up to stock height. The S/C install dropped the front end almost 3/4" which brings both the front spoiler and radiator mounts closer to the ground. Not good for bumpy roads.

I am very happy with the install and the results from A&A Corvette. I highly recommend them to anyone who is considering a S/C install. The install is half of it, the other half is Andy's dyno tune and customer service. Josh who answered all my questions, spent some time performing some final touches to the tune smoothing out the idle quality while Andy and I chatted.

Thanks guys for a job well done !!

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 09-19-2014 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:35 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Very cool, so the install time was two days?
Old 09-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Originally Posted by B-Vette
Very cool, so the install time was two days?
I brought the car in on a Monday afternoon for a Tuesday install start.
By Wednesday early afternoon the install was complete. Andy was tuning another vette so my tuning was completed Thursday afternoon. They want the car a minimum of three days, so my plans to leave for home Friday worked out perfect.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:40 PM
SteveDoten@ARH
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

They have answered a ton of questions from me over the past 10 years, great people to work with for sure.

581whp is nothing to shake a stick at, car moves out well I'm sure.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:03 PM
zx12rider
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just had an one installed on my 2007 z06 and absolutely love it. Power everywhere. But i noticed there's a bit of supercharger surge in low rpms. Almost like I have an aftermarket cam in the car. Anyone else experience this?? I don't mind it. Small price to pay for all that power! Car dynoed 617 hp and extremely satisfied with it overall.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:27 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Originally Posted by zx12rider
I just had an one installed on my 2007 z06 and absolutely love it. Power everywhere. But i noticed there's a bit of supercharger surge in low rpms. Almost like I have an aftermarket cam in the car. Anyone else experience this?? I don't mind it. Small price to pay for all that power! Car dynoed 617 hp and extremely satisfied with it overall.
Surge at idle or cruising at low rpm? My idle will jump a bit between 725 and 800 rpm, but I believe it might have to do with the MAF sensor being very sensitive to air pulses from the S/C.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:20 PM
zx12rider
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3
Surge at idle or cruising at low rpm? My idle will jump a bit between 725 and 800 rpm, but I believe it might have to do with the MAF sensor being very sensitive to air pulses from the S/C.
The idle definitely does the same between 700 and 800 rpm. But it bucks and surges a bit around 1500 rpms during part-throttle driving, like when I'm stuck in this awful chicago traffic. My guess would be the MAF sensor does not like the blower much too. But again, small price to pay for power, and I can totally live with that
Old 09-29-2014, 01:28 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Should not have to live with that. That is a tune or setup issue. Check to make sure the BOV is open in vacuum. Sounds like the BOV maybe shut or the tune needs work.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette Review

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette Review