C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand New Alky Pump Leaking

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 07:56 AM
NormWild
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Brand New Alky Pump Leaking

On the car two weeks Starting leaking at the pump head gasket. But I must say I was impressed with their customer service, Julio is the man and is getting me a new pump head out overnight.

Quick question though, which terminal on the bottom of the pump goes directly to ground, top or bottom or doesn't it matter? I pulled the connectors off and forgot to mark them, they are the same color.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:12 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

That sucks! Glad to hear that Julio is taking care of it. One of the reasons I am so adamant on installing a methanol kit. Not saying that those kits are bad, just another possible point of failure and system to monitor.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:45 PM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Received 174 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Pitufina
That sucks! Glad to hear that Julio is taking care of it. One of the reasons I am so adamant on installing a methanol kit. Not saying that those kits are bad, just another possible point of failure and system to monitor.
I'm in the same boat myself. Looking for some more input on them so I can make my decision. From my research thus far, the consensus seems to be that the Alky Control kit is the best.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:54 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Alky control is a great kit. Great quality and service from Julio. Like with any product, stuff can happen, but it is not the norm. 3rd season on my kit with no issues at all.

As far as failure, if you don't tune on the edge for the meth, a failure should not cause a problem.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:49 AM
NormWild
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Alky control is a great kit. Great quality and service from Julio. Like with any product, stuff can happen, but it is not the norm. 3rd season on my kit with no issues at all.

As far as failure, if you don't tune on the edge for the meth, a failure should not cause a problem.
I do think the Alky kit is the best, and will chalk this up to an anomaly. I had the new pump head on in 20 minutes and all is good.

Get notified of new replies

To Brand New Alky Pump Leaking

Quick Reply: Brand New Alky Pump Leaking