C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Supercharger & exhaust advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 05:57 PM
Pwdr Extreme
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead
Have you priced a 2.9L Whipple, A Heartbeat Maggie, and a jackshaft Maggie? What are your power goals?
Not overly concerned about price.. all the blowers seem to be within a couple thousand of each other.. no idea what heartbeat and jackshaft maggie means?

I'd like to have 575-600whp
Old 09-27-2014, 07:01 PM
sallen619
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by MARSC6
This is my old graph with the ECS kit and headers on a LS2.

Same kit without the restrictor plate and the addition of meth and the ECS stage 1 fuel system. Motor still completely stock.

Traction control will help some but it is easily overwhelmed. It can't be relied on.
Stock cam in the bottom graph?
Old 09-27-2014, 08:33 PM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by sallen619
Stock cam in the bottom graph?
Its all on a stock ls2. No porting or any other tricks. From what I understand the right cam will get this close to 800hp.

Last edited by MARSC6; 09-27-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

here's a centri's pull (ECS Novi 1500) restrictor plate on with just headers (no alki or upgraded cam). It's got plenty of low end grunt. Pulling from 3000 rpms.

I've driven a PD blower Vette (Edelbrock that put down over 600rwtq). Had a "little" more kick under 3000rpms but nothing I'm missing considering my top end rips a hell of a lot harder.

EDIT: I posted my power curve above earlier. It's very linear in power delivery. For "street use" as others put it, the centri is much easier planting the power down than a PD. As you can see stock size 285 rear tires rolling into it in second I can get the car to hook as in video below.

Last edited by Nosferatu; 09-27-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:52 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwdr Extreme
Not overly concerned about price.. all the blowers seem to be within a couple thousand of each other.. no idea what heartbeat and jackshaft maggie means?

I'd like to have 575-600whp
A 2.9L Whipple would be a little overkill at 575-600 wheel hp. Whipple makes a 2.3L blower, but I have no idea if it's available in an LS2 vette kit. The Heartbeat Maggie is Magnuson's latest and greatest 2.3L blower. Not available in an LS2 configuration. The "jackshaft" 2.3L Maggie is still being produced and is available in LS2, LS3, and LS7 versions. It was introduced in 2007 or '08 IIRC. You'll need a new hood with the jackshaft version. I'd bet the price diff between the Heartbeat and the jackshaft Maggie would pay for the hood. You won't find the Heartbeat discounted much. The jackshaft Maggie has been around long enough to be had a little cheaper. Used ones occasionally show up in the for sale section too.

The "jackshaft" Maggie drives the blower from the rear via a shaft running from the front of the blower to the rear. Its intercooler isn't quite as efficient as the Heartbeat, but it does have way more drive options vs the front drive Heartbeat. See "getburnt"'s mid 9sec ride. He's gettin' it done in a big way with the jackshaft Maggie.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
For "street use" as others put it, the centri is much easier planting the power down than a PD.
I'd have to respectfully disagree with that statement. My experience with these two types of systems making similar RWTQ numbers has been that the PD is actually a little more predictable on the street. If it's going to spin, it usually spins from the hit. With my Vortech car, it would always initially hook then light the tires up when the torque curve really hit. On a 3rd gear pull, this was at or near 100 MPH. I think I prefer the tire spin making itself known a little earlier.

I really don't have much issue putting the PD torque down, though. Stock Z06/GS sized RE11s out back do a pretty damn good job. 1st gear is pretty useless, but that's pretty much expected. If the tires aren't cold, they'll take it all in 2nd.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:40 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Streetk14
I'd have to respectfully disagree with that statement. My experience with these two types of systems making similar RWTQ numbers has been that the PD is actually a little more predictable on the street. If it's going to spin, it usually spins from the hit. With my Vortech car, it would always initially hook then light the tires up when the torque curve really hit. On a 3rd gear pull, this was at or near 100 MPH. I think I prefer the tire spin making itself known a little earlier.
I can attest that can happen at times due to the exponential power building but you're talking about driving it competitively. As for normal day-to-day driving as you put it, that doesn't involve a 100 MPH blast and ripping it to redline, you can get on it and actually have considerable more power than stock and yet have traction.

Originally Posted by Streetk14
1st gear is pretty useless, but that's pretty much expected. If the tires aren't cold, they'll take it all in 2nd.
Not really. Part throttle I can accelerate pretty damn fast in 1st and have it hooking. Just requires modulating the throttle.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:29 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

I can attest that can happen at times due to the exponential power building but you're talking about driving it competitively. As for normal day-to-day driving as you put it, that doesn't involve a 100 MPH blast and ripping it to redline, you can get on it and actually have considerable more power than stock and yet have traction.

Not really. Part throttle I can accelerate pretty damn fast in 1st and have it hooking. Just requires modulating the throttle.
Modulating the throttle??? EGad man. Isn't that the whole reason for owning a centri??? That you DON'T have to modulate the throttle? You can just blindly stab the throttle and hold on??
Old 09-28-2014, 12:39 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by old motorhead
Modulating the throttle??? EGad man. Isn't that the whole reason for owning a centri??? That you DON'T have to modulate the throttle? You can just blindly stab the throttle and hold on??

It's called driver mod. Stabbing the gas and holding on, isn't that what those automatic transmission driving guys do....

Note I just said 1st gear.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:11 AM
Pwdr Extreme
Instructor

It's called driver mod. Stabbing the gas and holding on, isn't that what those automatic transmission driving guys do....
Yup! Only right now when I stab the gas I don't really need to hold on. Hoping to change that soon, lol.

I sooo wanted a manual but there was none to be found up here, the deal I got on my automatic was too hard to pass up.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:10 AM
NormWild
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

here's a centri's pull (ECS Novi 1500) restrictor plate on with just headers (no alki or upgraded cam). It's got plenty of low end grunt. Pulling from 3000 rpms.

I've driven a PD blower Vette (Edelbrock that put down over 600rwtq). Had a "little" more kick under 3000rpms but nothing I'm missing considering my top end rips a hell of a lot harder.

EDIT: I posted my power curve above earlier. It's very linear in power delivery. For "street use" as others put it, the centri is much easier planting the power down than a PD. As you can see stock size 285 rear tires rolling into it in second I can get the car to hook as in video below.

That KR display via Dashlogic?
Old 09-30-2014, 07:44 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by NormWild
That KR display via Dashlogic?
Correct
Old 10-01-2014, 11:37 AM
scotts94_z28
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Made 600rwhp and 535rwtq in my 07 A6 corvette with the ECS kit, kooks 1-7/8 headers, and kooks catted x-pipe through the stock mufflers. If I started again I would still do the ECS kit but probably go AR 1-7/8 headers and off road x-pipe.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Pwdr Extreme
Instructor

Well, I've pretty much decided to go with a Heartbeat Maggie, I've talked to a couple people who say there's a possibility of an LS2 adaptation, if not, I'll put on LS3 heads. I'm almost thinking of LS3 heads anyway. Who makes the best LS3 heads and are my old ones still worth a few bucks? 25k miles.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Badmotorf1nger
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

nice vid, how do you get the dash to display load & knock? My car is tuned on HP tuners, but I dont have a handheld in the car

Edit: sorry see this was answered above

Last edited by Badmotorf1nger; 10-04-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Quick Reply: LS2 Supercharger & exhaust advice needed