C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One of our Stg 6 cars is heading to the USCC race in Vegas!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 01:22 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default One of our Stg 6 cars is heading to the USCC race in Vegas!

We are Super excited here at East Texas Muscle Cars.
Back in 2012 We build this GS for Fred and it had 23 miles on the car. Since that day he has raced it every weekend and has won a TON of races with it. Well a few weeks ago Fred Decided to take the car from East Texas up to Porland OR to the 2014 OPTIMAŽ ULTIMATE STREET CAR qualifying race. His son Duke ran the car and took First place and made the TV show that day.

Fred and Duke then got invited to the National final race that is Held in Vegas during the Sema Show. The car is in the shop right now getting a once over and getting her ready for the race.

Here is some info on it

http://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us...releases/2014/

and here is some more info on the event

http://driveusca.com/

We cant wait to See what the little old GS can do Hope to see some of you guys there at the Vegas meet!
Old 09-29-2014, 01:35 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,346 Likes on 953 Posts

Give us some more info on the GS. What's been done to it? HP? Track times?
Old 09-29-2014, 07:28 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

It is a 2012 GS.
Stock ls3
stock heads
stock intake

our STG 6 kit with our Ripper cam as the cam
9-10 PSI of boost with a A&A kit.
RPS twin disk clutch
Full suspension only the best we put into this car when we did it.
At the Time was all of PFadts parts. The GM racing Coilovers from them.
Stock rear end
stock gears.
All full interior with just two Nice padded DD racing seats.
4 Point roll cage
670RWHP right now.

She is in the shop to get a freshen up
Plugs
Belts
Fluids
and we are going to turn her up just a tiny bit. Don't want to go to much don't need it breaking at the event. By the times she ran she will not need much more to take first place. We are doing no suspension changes running her exactly how she was ran on Portland.

here is a QUOTE From Optima on his car:

"Each year the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational is held, it seems the competition gets tougher and the cars get faster. After six years, one might think we'd found just about every fast wheelman in the country, who doesn't race cars for a living. Duke Langley is proof that the search is just beginning. Duke qualified for the 2014 OUSCI in this 2012 Corvette Grand Sport in the very first Ultimate Street Car Association event he ever entered in Portland, Oregon earlier this year. Brian Hobaugh won the GT3K class in his legendary Camaro, but as he already had an invite to the OUSCI, Duke's second-place finish gave him the nod, with the two competitors separated by less than a point!

One might say it was only that close, because Hobaugh's Camaro was penalized several points in the Lingenfelter Performance Design & Engineering Challenge, due to the absence of some required "street car" features, like roll-up windows. However, the competition on the track was extremely close as well.

When we previously-asked Brian Hobaugh which car he was bringing to the 2014 OUSCI to defend his title, he indicated he would be returning with his 1965 Corvette. Hobaugh conceded the Camaro was faster on the BFGoodrich Hot Lap Challenge, but that the shorter wheelbase and nimble handling of the Corvette made it quicker in the RideTech Autocross and Wilwood Speed/Stop Challenge. When Hobaugh's Camaro went head to head with Langley's Corvette at Portland International Raceway, which was just about the fastest road course on the USCA circuit this year, Brian's margin of victory razor thin- just .297 thousandths of a second!

If Hobaugh is the man to beat again at the 2014 OUSCI and we know Duke Langley nearly outran him in his "fast" road course car, it could turn out to be a very interesting OUSCI in Las Vegas. Road courses are one thing, but anyone who has watched the OUSCI over the years knows it takes a really talented driver and a well-balanced car to come out on top in such varied track events. Fortunately for Langley, his driving resume is chock-full of experience, having competed in super late-model races on asphalt ovals around the Pacific Northwest, as well as SCCA Solo national events.

The results on the RideTech Autocross at Portland speak to Duke's driving prowess in confined areas and his ability to modulate the throttle when needed on his 670-horsepower, supercharged LS3. The only drivers faster than Langley on the short course were three names very familiar in SCCA Solo National Championship competition circles- Mary Pozzi, Brian Hobaugh and Monty Pack. As with the BFGoodrich Hot Lap Challenge, the margin again between those top four positions was a scant .328 thousandths of a second!"
Old 09-29-2014, 07:32 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

here is back when we built it originally.

Since then it has got alot of aerodynamics done to it, wheels, tires,and a few other little things, but the motor stuff is still all the same.

http://www.easttexasmusclecars.com/gallery/freds.htm
Old 09-29-2014, 07:55 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,346 Likes on 953 Posts

Sounds like a well rounded package. And also sounds like a whole lot of fun. Best of luck to you guys
Old 09-29-2014, 08:06 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I go to the optima event every year. (its actually the saturday after SEMA concludes, not during it and is no longer being held at spring mountain, its going to be at LVMS this year unfortunatly.)

Better bring his A game to the event, some pretty serious competition their, lots of guys with more money than brains and will drive those cars till they blow.

Be ready to cheat to, the USCA is a good old boys club from what ive seen (seems to be pretty much the same guys every year).. I may or may not have seen one of the "winners" spraying VHT on his tires last year, so much for that 200 treadware rule!

Best of luck and see you there!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:15 AM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Yea were not going to cheat cause if he does win then they can pick his car apart and we dont want to be kicked out. If he wins he wins. Just happy that he made it to where he is and running as fast as he is!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:34 PM
OptimaJim
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by breecher_7
I go to the optima event every year. (its actually the saturday after SEMA concludes, not during it and is no longer being held at spring mountain, its going to be at LVMS this year unfortunatly.)

Better bring his A game to the event, some pretty serious competition their, lots of guys with more money than brains and will drive those cars till they blow.

Be ready to cheat to, the USCA is a good old boys club from what ive seen (seems to be pretty much the same guys every year).. I may or may not have seen one of the "winners" spraying VHT on his tires last year, so much for that 200 treadware rule!

Best of luck and see you there!
The event is actually moving to Saturday and Sunday following SEMA. We liked Spring Mountain a lot, but the event just grew to the point that we needed a different venue. Duke will need to bring his A-game, as many competitors are willing to push their cars to the absolute limits, although I think they're all smart enough not to put themselves in positions they can't afford to handle.

As for cheating, if you see someone doing something questionable at a USCA event or the OUSCI, please snap a photo or even better, shoot a video and share it with an OUSCI staff member. Isn't that why Al Gore created cell phones? We expect 100 competitors at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and as much as the OUSCI officials would like to keep an eye on all of them, they don't have 100 people on staff to handle that duty.

The USCA is about as welcoming as it gets when it comes to inviting new folks to participate in these events. The tenth and final qualifying event of the 2014 USCA season (all of which are nationally-televised) takes place this weekend at Pittsburgh International. Spectators are welcome too. K&N Filters sponsors the Spirit of the Event award at each stop along the way, inviting one of the competitors to the 2014 SEMA Show and OUSCI. Those selected this year include everything from a 1959 Apache to a 2008 Black Series Mercedes.

People that try these events seem to like them and come back year after year, even building new cars specifically to run in these events, so familiar faces abound. If by "good old boys club," you mean people who live, sleep, eat and breathe the automotive aftermarket, depend on it for a living and do everything they can to support it, then yes, we have a lot of those folks involved in these events. That includes people like Bret Voelkel of RideTech, who is a series sponsor and runs several different vehicles, Ricky Kwan, who runs a West Coast tuning shop and has qualified in a Nissan GT-R and Ronnie Soliman, who runs a shop in Minnesota and has had several Mistubishi Evos qualify, including his own. We also have plenty of folks who build everything in their one-car garage and operate on a shoestring budget, but sometimes people see what they want to see.

East Tx Muscle Cars, I like to give credit where credit is due in our previews for the OUSCI and we really do our best to promote businesses that support the automotive aftermarket. The only reason you weren't specifically mentioned in Duke's preview, including a link to your website, is because he didn't mention you to me. If you think Duke would be ok with having me add you, please have him contact me directly. Thanks!

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries
www.pinterest.com/optimabatteries
Old 10-01-2014, 10:24 AM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by OptimaJim
The event is actually moving to Saturday and Sunday following SEMA. We liked Spring Mountain a lot, but the event just grew to the point that we needed a different venue. Duke will need to bring his A-game, as many competitors are willing to push their cars to the absolute limits, although I think they're all smart enough not to put themselves in positions they can't afford to handle.

As for cheating, if you see someone doing something questionable at a USCA event or the OUSCI, please snap a photo or even better, shoot a video and share it with an OUSCI staff member. Isn't that why Al Gore created cell phones? We expect 100 competitors at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and as much as the OUSCI officials would like to keep an eye on all of them, they don't have 100 people on staff to handle that duty.

The USCA is about as welcoming as it gets when it comes to inviting new folks to participate in these events. The tenth and final qualifying event of the 2014 USCA season (all of which are nationally-televised) takes place this weekend at Pittsburgh International. Spectators are welcome too. K&N Filters sponsors the Spirit of the Event award at each stop along the way, inviting one of the competitors to the 2014 SEMA Show and OUSCI. Those selected this year include everything from a 1959 Apache to a 2008 Black Series Mercedes.

People that try these events seem to like them and come back year after year, even building new cars specifically to run in these events, so familiar faces abound. If by "good old boys club," you mean people who live, sleep, eat and breathe the automotive aftermarket, depend on it for a living and do everything they can to support it, then yes, we have a lot of those folks involved in these events. That includes people like Bret Voelkel of RideTech, who is a series sponsor and runs several different vehicles, Ricky Kwan, who runs a West Coast tuning shop and has qualified in a Nissan GT-R and Ronnie Soliman, who runs a shop in Minnesota and has had several Mistubishi Evos qualify, including his own. We also have plenty of folks who build everything in their one-car garage and operate on a shoestring budget, but sometimes people see what they want to see.

East Tx Muscle Cars, I like to give credit where credit is due in our previews for the OUSCI and we really do our best to promote businesses that support the automotive aftermarket. The only reason you weren't specifically mentioned in Duke's preview, including a link to your website, is because he didn't mention you to me. If you think Duke would be ok with having me add you, please have him contact me directly. Thanks!

Jim McIlvaine
o thats fine he will mention it at Vegas for sure.

There were reasons at that time we didnt want to be mentioned.

We actually built that car for Fred his Dad, and we build Dukes Yellow C5 also about 4 months ago. The langley Family are GREAT customers and great drivers!
Old 10-02-2014, 11:46 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I would like to thank Jim for PM'ing me as well as following up with me on some of my other concerns. Its nice to see supporting vendors that actually do care and dont just brush things off. +1 for Optima in my book.

Looking forward to Vegas.

Originally Posted by OptimaJim

Jim McIlvaine

Get notified of new replies

To One of our Stg 6 cars is heading to the USCC race in Vegas!

Quick Reply: One of our Stg 6 cars is heading to the USCC race in Vegas!