C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Force with Headers Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 02:32 PM
mfoti
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default E-Force with Headers Question

If you have a stock LS2 with LT headers and add the 550HP E-force kit would the car produce less than 550 because the predicted boost would be lower? OR would the gain of the headers offset the loss of boost and you would still end up around 550?
Old 09-30-2014, 02:55 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,261 Likes on 1,184 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Headers will allow the engine to flow better. It may reduce max boost, but should make more HP than the same setup without headers. You would need a custom tune with the headers, can't use the canned tune/programmer if the E-Force kit comes with one.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:40 PM
mfoti
Instructor

Originally Posted by Evan70
Headers will allow the engine to flow better. It may reduce max boost, but should make more HP than the same setup without headers. You would need a custom tune with the headers, can't use the canned tune/programmer if the E-Force kit comes with one.
Thanks! I appreciate the response. Makes sense... and i guess less boost is easier on the engine if you make the same or better HP with headers.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:20 AM
vforrest
Racer

Originally Posted by mfoti
Thanks! I appreciate the response. Makes sense... and i guess less boost is easier on the engine if you make the same or better HP with headers.
I have the E-force 554 on my LS2 M6 since March and have had a bunch of fun this summer. Stock headers and exhaust with Borla's for noise but it has a great tune put on it. The kit flash was baseline and with HP tuner I run 13 degree's of timing, 5 lbs. of boost and got another 42 HP. Dyno @ 492/467...600 HP at the crank.

This winters project will add the headers and high flow cats that everyone was telling me I should have put on with the SC but I was too worried about the dreaded drone with the new Borla's too. They say I'll pick up between 30-40 HP because as a pump it will be much more efficient. I'll probably loose 2 lbs. of boost so I could go with a smaller pulley and bring it back up to 5 lbs. but my wrench knows a priority for me was kind power and good longevity. So maybe with 30-40 HP more and an easy 3 lbs. of boost I'll just leave it at that.

So my impression is that with headers it's going to flow air and fuel better and make better HP/TQ even without going smaller on my pulley. During the final dyno pulls I asked if we should try a smaller pulley than what came with the kit and see how things were at say 8 lbs. of boost and was told it might just be a wash because with more boost is more heat and we'd have to pull timing to cope with the heat soak.

Give me a shout out next March when I get it back out of storage with the headers and re-tune and I'll let you know how it all shakes out. I got like maybe 30-40 days until it goes to storage...I hate winter!
Old 10-07-2014, 02:04 PM
mfoti
Instructor

Originally Posted by vforrest
I have the E-force 554 on my LS2 M6 since March and have had a bunch of fun this summer. Stock headers and exhaust with Borla's for noise but it has a great tune put on it. The kit flash was baseline and with HP tuner I run 13 degree's of timing, 5 lbs. of boost and got another 42 HP. Dyno @ 492/467...600 HP at the crank.

This winters project will add the headers and high flow cats that everyone was telling me I should have put on with the SC but I was too worried about the dreaded drone with the new Borla's too. They say I'll pick up between 30-40 HP because as a pump it will be much more efficient. I'll probably loose 2 lbs. of boost so I could go with a smaller pulley and bring it back up to 5 lbs. but my wrench knows a priority for me was kind power and good longevity. So maybe with 30-40 HP more and an easy 3 lbs. of boost I'll just leave it at that.

So my impression is that with headers it's going to flow air and fuel better and make better HP/TQ even without going smaller on my pulley. During the final dyno pulls I asked if we should try a smaller pulley than what came with the kit and see how things were at say 8 lbs. of boost and was told it might just be a wash because with more boost is more heat and we'd have to pull timing to cope with the heat soak.

Give me a shout out next March when I get it back out of storage with the headers and re-tune and I'll let you know how it all shakes out. I got like maybe 30-40 days until it goes to storage...I hate winter!
Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To E-Force with Headers Question

Quick Reply: E-Force with Headers Question