C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAP operation question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 06:14 PM
mfoti
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default BAP operation question

Trying to understand everything i need to know for Forced induction. I read that a BAP only comes on under boost? What boost pressure? 1 psi? 5 psi? Is a BAP running at 3K rpm and if it runs only at the upper ends of the power band why does it reduce the life of a fuel pump if its use is so intermittent?

Modding is so tough because there are just so many differing opinions. Some say a BAP is safe for FI and others say don't do it and replace the pump? At what RWHP does a stock LS2 fuel pump give up?
Old 11-13-2014, 06:27 PM
telly444
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it runs of a pressure switch that activates at 2,3,4 psi depending on which switch your bap comes with. you find a boost point on your system and install it to read your boost pressure which sends 17v to you fuel pump. you can also cut off the pressure switch, tie the wires together and run your fuel pump at 17v all the time until it exploded some day like mine did. lol
Old 11-13-2014, 10:06 PM
mfoti
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. So for a street car the duty cycle would be very very low if it only kicks on under high boost? Excuse me for my ignorance by why would you want it running at 17V full time?

Originally Posted by telly444
it runs of a pressure switch that activates at 2,3,4 psi depending on which switch your bap comes with. you find a boost point on your system and install it to read your boost pressure which sends 17v to you fuel pump. you can also cut off the pressure switch, tie the wires together and run your fuel pump at 17v all the time until it exploded some day like mine did. lol
Old 11-13-2014, 10:35 PM
telly444
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

incase the switch ever failed on you durin wot under full boost. could cause a lean condition if you car was bap dependant

Get notified of new replies

To BAP operation question

Quick Reply: BAP operation question