C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with fuel boostapump. What to do

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 10:18 AM
Jzolman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with fuel boostapump. What to do

I have a 07 ls2 with ls3 heads and intake. Texas speed cam long tubes. Off road exhaust and a p1 procharger with 72lb injectors. What do I need to do about fuel supply. Will a boostapump work or do I need a bigger pump. What hp do you think I will get on a safe tune. Thanks for any info.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:44 AM
drumacdy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BOA is all you need, just make sure you buy the Racetronix harness for the install.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by drumacdy
BOA is all you need, just make sure you buy the Racetronix harness for the install.
the bap should be able to support the p1 with no problems.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

With a cam and depending on boost levels, you might be close to the limits with a BAP. I'd grab a Kenne Bell BAP and a Racetronix harness and see how the fuel pressure looks.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:47 PM
Jzolman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boostapump

Where would the best place be to order the harness and pump. Thanks to all who responded. Do you think I will make 550!at the wheels
Old 11-17-2014, 12:55 AM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Jzolman
Where would the best place be to order the harness and pump. Thanks to all who responded. Do you think I will make 550!at the wheels
I would normally look at different places, but the best price for the bap I found was at a mustang parts retailer and ebay. I ended up buying a barely used one dirt cheap. As for the harness, racetronix has it's own site http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...%2D008&eq=&Tp=
With the add on connector ($8)on the right hand side of the page. That will make your life easier.

I dont know the rest of your combo, but I would say that a 550 is possible, but there is a lot of room for error and variables on different things, for example the health of your engine, mods, weather, tune, etc.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jzolman
A stock motor at low boost and headers should have no problem making 550 rwhp -- at least through an M6. Even at low boost, I'd think 600 rwhp is more than realistic with a cam. The P1 head unit is capable of making decent power, it just depends on how hard you're going to spin it. The standard Procharger pulley probably isn't going to make much boost on a cam/header/LS3 head car.

But yeah, get the harness and connector kit through Racetronix. Lots of places to buy the BAP. A&A sells them: http://www.aacorvette.com/performanc...dshp47t11a2bp5
Old 11-19-2014, 01:37 AM
stephenpen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should have no problem making that power with the blower.
That setup could make nearly 500whp with a good NA cam alone. You won't need much boost to make your goal. You will be surprised what those ls3 head will make.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:20 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Pitufina
I would normally look at different places, but the best price for the bap I found was at a mustang parts retailer and ebay. I ended up buying a barely used one dirt cheap. As for the harness, racetronix has it's own site http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...%2D008&eq=&Tp=
With the add on connector ($8)on the right hand side of the page. That will make your life easier.

I dont know the rest of your combo, but I would say that a 550 is possible, but there is a lot of room for error and variables on different things, for example the health of your engine, mods, weather, tune, etc.
so this is straight up plug and play?
Old 03-28-2015, 09:21 PM
7SECONDS
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Boost a Pump killed my OEM fuel pump after 400 miles. My opinion is that if you have to add voltage to a pump to keep up with the demands of your engine combination then you are pushing the envelope too far. It may buy you some time but plan on a new fuel system. Check out my Threads on my Build and OEM Fuel Pump failure.

Last edited by 7SECONDS; 03-28-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:32 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 7SECONDS
Boost a Pump killed my OEM fuel pump after 400 miles. My opinion is that if you have to add voltage to a pump to keep up with the demands of your engine combination then you are pushing the envelope too far. It may buy you some time but plan on a new fuel system. Check out my Threads on my Build and OEM Fuel Pump failure.
My tuner advised to never use a BAP because of the same reasoning.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:41 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Must be tens of thousands of BAP's being used with no issues. Have one on my own car for 4 years. Any part can fail but if installed properly the odds of a BAP failing or causing damage is small.... Probably no greater than a fuel pump failing.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:21 AM
7SECONDS
Pro

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Must be tens of thousands of BAP's being used with no issues. Have one on my own car for 4 years. Any part can fail but if installed properly the odds of a BAP failing or causing damage is small.... Probably no greater than a fuel pump failing.
Anything that is designed to run on 12V and is now required to run on 16V at boost to keep up with the added demand, you are "Rolling the Dice". Some people get "Lucky" and some are "Not Lucky". It is a rather extensive job to remove the OEM pump. Dealer charges $1,700.00 to replace it. Eventually you will have to replace it or upgrade it. You are riding on borrowed time. Pay Now or Pay Later! Hopefully it doesn't melt a piston when it fails!
Old 03-29-2015, 09:24 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Anything that is designed to run on 12V and is now required to run on 16V at boost to keep up with the added demand, you are "Rolling the Dice". Some people get "Lucky" and some are "Not Lucky". It is a rather extensive job to remove the OEM pump. Dealer charges $1,700.00 to replace it. Eventually you will have to replace it or upgrade it. You are riding on borrowed time. Pay Now or Pay Later! Hopefully it doesn't melt a piston when it fails!
We roll the dice a lot in this game. I now have 3 pumps running on my car so I think I should be ok, but like I said..... I ran a Z06 pump with BAP for years with no issue. As a matter of fact my car still runs on just that same thing unless in boost, where other pumps kick in.
Personally, I have read about way more issues with intank pump changes then with BAPs, so who is rolling the dice more often?
Old 03-29-2015, 09:35 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Another point is that a lot of fuel pumps are rated to run at higher voltage with no issue. My holleys are rated to 18.5 volts if someone wanted to do that.
If the BAP is set up right it the amount of time the pump sees higher voltage is minimal ( over 3 or 4 lbs of boost only) and should not be an issue.

That said, since you are one of the unlucky ones that had failure, for whatever reason, I really do understand you're point of view and am not arguing that @#$@ does happen. It sucks when it happens to us.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:52 AM
7SECONDS
Pro

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Another point is that a lot of fuel pumps are rated to run at higher voltage with no issue. My holleys are rated to 18.5 volts if someone wanted to do that.
If the BAP is set up right it the amount of time the pump sees higher voltage is minimal ( over 3 or 4 lbs of boost only) and should not be an issue.

That said, since you are one of the unlucky ones that had failure, for whatever reason, I really do understand you're point of view and am not arguing that @#$@ does happen. It sucks when it happens to us.
Maybe I have a better understanding of electric motors, pumps and valves since it is my profession. With that being said I can't recommend it. There are No Short Cuts it will always Cost you More Time and Money in the End. I hope this will help someone not make the mistakes I have made!
Old 03-29-2015, 10:14 AM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
so this is straight up plug and play?
So....?

Get notified of new replies

To Help with fuel boostapump. What to do

Old 03-29-2015, 10:26 AM
7SECONDS
Pro

So....?
Plug and Play for a little while if your Lucky!
Old 03-29-2015, 10:34 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

So....?
Plug and play and I wouldn't run without the harness. Its so much bang for the buck. Cleaner better power to the pump and BAP right from the alternator.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:35 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Plug and Play for a little while if your Lucky!
Pretty pessimistic .....LOL.. Are you sure your pump was failing or just not enough pump for the power. A stock C6 pump, even with a BAP is not enough pump for 750 hp.

Quick Reply: Help with fuel boostapump. What to do