C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband Recommendations!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Glad you got it working. You did use the correct bung on the Pfadt headers. That's why the extra bung is there.

I need to hit up PLX and see what's needed to upgrade to the new Bosch sensor. It's supposed to be a much better sensor than what I have. If you got the gen 4 AFR kit, them that's what you already have. I have the gen 3. Hoping it's just a sensor swap.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Julio
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pikkashoe
Ok everything is almost done. Today I will install the o2 sensor. The gauge and SLP Pod are installed. and wired.

Now Im stuck trying to figure out where to get 12 v power for the AFR Module.
I currently am using the heated seats fuse for my fuel pressure sensor and curb alert. (fp is piggy back)
Another fuse in there is being used for the Alky control system, i believe its the HVAC Fuse.(i may be wrong).

Not sure where to tap now for the AFR. Can I piggy back onto the Heated seat fuse. Not sure if thats a good idea to have 3 different things running off that fuse.

Any ideas or suggestions? Are there any other 12 v switched fuses I can use?

Thanks
The Alkycontrol should be getting power from the supplied relay that gets triggered by the fuel pump wire.

You can use that 12 guage red wire coming from the relay to supply your 12v switched if that makes your life easier.

HTH
Old 12-12-2014, 11:38 AM
pikkashoe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Streetk, I used the extra bung on the pfadts on the passenger side. Worked like a charm.

Hmmm Julio, I may just do that, since that will be an easy quick solder job to get the fuel pressure sensor up and running again. Might as well use it since its already installed in the car. Where exactly is the relay located? In the driver side footwell or in the engine bay?

Last edited by pikkashoe; 12-12-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:33 PM
Ultrasport05
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Another option is to run the wideband sensor wire down the through the shifter area down onto and out the front of the tunnel plate and to the Xpipe.

It worked like a charm for me and hasn't given me any issues. I made a small notch in the rubber shifter seal plate and ran the wire through. I don't have any extra road noise or any negative effects from this set up.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:01 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by pikkashoe
Streetk, I used the extra bung on the pfadts on the passenger side. Worked like a charm.

Hmmm Julio, I may just do that, since that will be an easy quick solder job to get the fuel pressure sensor up and running again. Might as well use it since its already installed in the car. Where exactly is the relay located? In the driver side footwell or in the engine bay?
That's how I wired my Alky Control system, and I'm pretty sure what's what the instructions suggest. Just need to tap into the proper fuel pump relay wire in the under-hood fuse block. I just stripped off some insulation with a razor blade, and soldered the Alky trigger wire to it. Then sealed it up, of course.

Wiring it this way is ideal, as the system only has power when the fuel pump is running.

Quick Reply: Wideband Recommendations!