C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock e-Force Supercharger Pulley Swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 02:52 PM
GM TECH
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Got it, thanks guys. I'll be back after the HP bump up surgery is finished.

Enjoy the turkey and football...........

Cheers - Major Boyd
Old 11-23-2014, 04:14 PM
GM TECH
Racer

OK, keeping an open mind.................
http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/A...boostapump.htm

Is this the source I need?
Old 11-23-2014, 06:54 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GM TECH
OK, keeping an open mind.................
http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/A...boostapump.htm

Is this the source I need?
Yes, that is the Kenne Bell BAP that most run. I have the 20 volt "competition" version of it for extra headroom.

But if you've installed an LS7 fuel pump, then there really isn't a reason for a BAP on your application. You should be more than fine with the fuel supply that pump puts out.

As mentioned before though, I'd still get a Racetronix harness. Takes the load off the factory wiring and relay, while giving better and more consistent voltage to the pump.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:20 PM
GM TECH
Racer

Originally Posted by Streetk14
Yes, that is the Kenne Bell BAP that most run. I have the 20 volt "competition" version of it for extra headroom.

But if you've installed an LS7 fuel pump, then there really isn't a reason for a BAP on your application. You should be more than fine with the fuel supply that pump puts out.

As mentioned before though, I'd still get a Racetronix harness. Takes the load off the factory wiring and relay, while giving better and more consistent voltage to the pump.
I've got the Racetronix harness on the way and I'll stick with it and the LS7/Z06 fuel pump module.

Thanks to all.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:35 PM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GM TECH
Exactly why I bought the upgraded fuel pump.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:59 PM
telly444
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok here we go. I had my loser mechanic who now I wouldn't let change my bicycle tires, install a KB bap. he decided to cut out the pressure switch and tie the wires together. this ran great for 2 months until my fuel pump started to drop 30 psi pressure. I'm now so paranoid I won't let anyone even touch my car. I then proceeded to take matters into my own hands. I changed my 07 Z06 fuel pump myself with the help of my wife and her small hands for the lines inside the tank which are a complete nightmare, rewired a racetronix harness, racetronix 2 psi pressure switch, new fuel relay, and change all fuel fuses to 30A and a Z06 HP walbro fuel module. A year ago I didn't even know how to do an oil change. If I can change one of these pumps, anyone can. DO NOT allow your mechanic to cut out the pressure switch and run the BAP at 17v all the time. and double check everything he's doing and do your homework on what he's installing. trust no one ever.

Last edited by telly444; 11-26-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:32 PM
GM TECH
Racer

Originally Posted by telly444
ok here we go. I had my loser mechanic who now I wouldn't let change my bicycle tires, install a KB bap. he decided to cut out the pressure switch and tie the wires together. this ran great for 2 months until my fuel pump started to drop 30 psi pressure. I'm now so paranoid I won't let anyone even touch my car. I then proceeded to take matters into my own hands. I changed my 07 Z06 fuel pump myself with the help of my wife and her small hands for the lines inside the tank which are a complete nightmare, rewired a racetronix harness, racetronix 2 psi pressure switch, new fuel relay, and change all fuel fuses to 30A and a Z06 HP walbro fuel module. A year ago I didn't even know how to do an oil change. If I can change one of these pumps, anyone can. DO NOT allow your mechanic to cut out the pressure switch and run the BAP at 17v all the time. and double check everything he's doing and do your homework on what he's installing. trust no one ever.
Sorry you got burned...........in my case, I just tell my mechanic that I know where he lives and what school his Grandkids go to
Old 11-26-2014, 08:14 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by telly444
Like I said above, the installation quality of a BAP is key. And yeah, feeding it 17+ volts all the time by bridging the pressure switch isn't a very good idea. I always cut off the control box wires and splice them together, but not the pressure switch obviously. Getting a Racetronix hobb's switch with a weatherpack style connector is also a great idea. That's what's on my car right now.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:32 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Streetk14
Like I said above, the installation quality of a BAP is key. And yeah, feeding it 17+ volts all the time by bridging the pressure switch isn't a very good idea. I always cut off the control box wires and splice them together, but not the pressure switch obviously. Getting a Racetronix hobb's switch with a weatherpack style connector is also a great idea. That's what's on my car right now.
I agree. I also cut out the control, installed it properly, and it has been completely trouble free for a long time now.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock e-Force Supercharger Pulley Swap