C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock e-Force Supercharger Pulley Swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 05:56 PM
GM TECH
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Edelbrock e-Force Supercharger Pulley Swap

I made the obligatory "search", but couldn't get the info I needed.

I have had the Edelbrock e-Force 554 HP blower on my 2013 Grand Sport since January this year. Its been a great 10 months and now I am upgrading with the Edelbrock 599 HP kit. I'm having my trusted Corvette wrench bender handle the Z06/LS7 fuel pump module install in the driver's side tank. I'll be installing the 3.5" pulley and am asking if any of you have any tips/tricks/issues to share on this task.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving - Major Boyd
Attached Images    
Old 11-21-2014, 06:33 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

I wouldn't fool with dropping the tank to add the fuel pump. Go with the KB boost a pump along with a Race Tronix harness. That's good to 650+ rwhp.

Nice rims BTW
Old 11-21-2014, 09:31 PM
GM TECH
Racer

Originally Posted by old motorhead
I wouldn't fool with dropping the tank to add the fuel pump. Go with the KB boost a pump along with a Race Tronix harness. That's good to 650+ rwhp.

Nice rims BTW
Thanks for your input old motorhead. I got some negative reports on the voltage boost approach from 2 guys in my Corvette club and went ahead and bought the Z06/LS7 fuel pump module. It's due here tomorrow.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:44 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GM TECH
Thanks for your input old motorhead. I got some negative reports on the voltage boost approach from 2 guys in my Corvette club and went ahead and bought the Z06/LS7 fuel pump module. It's due here tomorrow.
It's all about the quality of the installation of a boost-a-pump in my opinion. I've had them on three cars and have never had a problem. Unfortunately, most shops and DIYers do half-assed wiring work in my experience.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:52 PM
GM TECH
Racer

Originally Posted by Streetk14
...................................... Unfortunately, most shops and DIYers do half-assed wiring work in my experience.
Exactly why I bought the upgraded fuel pump.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:03 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Exactly why I bought the upgraded fuel pump.
And that's a fine option as long as you trust the guy installing it. It can be a bitch of an install, with quite a few things to screw up if you aren't careful.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:56 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Personally I would still add the BAP even with the pump upgrade. I have been running a Z06 pump with a KB bap for a few years now with absolutely no issues. The key is to use a racetronix harness with the install.

If you choose not to run a bap, I would still install the harness, as it gives cleaner power to the pump straight from the alternator so less chance of voltage drops, which equal fuel pressure drops.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:36 AM
GM TECH
Racer

Originally Posted by Streetk14
And that's a fine option as long as you trust the guy installing it. It can be a bitch of an install, with quite a few things to screw up if you aren't careful.
I saw that as soon as I read the sections of the shop manuals that apply. Fortunately, my wrench man has done several of these during his day job at my preferred local Chevy dealer and on weekends. He's been tightening and loosening stove bolts for over 25 years and is the go to guy at the dealership and for the gearhead fans in my area.

Thanks for the heads up though.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:34 AM
GM TECH
Racer

The fuel pump module is a done deal. Really only looking for hidden IED's in the pulley swap task.................................... ...............

I'll be installing the 3.5" pulley and am asking if any of you have any tips/tricks/issues to share on this task.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving - Major Boyd
Old 11-23-2014, 08:31 AM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Bost a pump's work well. All depends on what you wan to do with the car. It will run faster if you take that wing off.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:42 AM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Personally I would still add the BAP even with the pump upgrade. I have been running a Z06 pump with a KB bap for a few years now with absolutely no issues. The key is to use a racetronix harness with the install.

If you choose not to run a bap, I would still install the harness, as it gives cleaner power to the pump straight from the alternator so less chance of voltage drops, which equal fuel pressure drops.
Whast the right harness for the bap on the z06? do you have a link?
Old 11-23-2014, 11:47 AM
GM TECH
Racer

Originally Posted by GeneSch
............................. It will run faster if you take that wing off.
There will always be someone faster and I love the C6.R look so the wing remains until I put the car up for sale and buy the 2016 Z06.

Cheers - Major Boyd
Old 11-23-2014, 01:59 PM
erupted
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I was you, I would seriously consider a 3 1/4 pulley, especially if you have long tube headers.

I have the 599HP kit with stock 3.5" in pulley. With Kooks headers and Borla exhaust it puts down around 525 RWHP at 6-7 PSI boost.

You could probably get closer to 560 RWHP with the smaller pulley and still be below 10PSI...maybe 8-9 PSI.

Good luck...BTW I know you are probably sick of hearing about the BAP and Racetronics harness, but it is rock solid and is a Fraction of the cost of a fuel pump install....why spend the $$$ if you really are going to sell it down the road.

My 2013 GS runs 62.9 fuel PSI with BAP on or off and doesn't waiver a bit when the pedal is floored and boost is at 7 PSI.

Sorry to keep adding on...but I noticed your car was also a 2013. Believe it or not my car actually maintained 62.9 fuel PSI without a BAP and a 3.5" pulley. But I already had the Racetronics harness and Ken Bell BAP, so I had them install it for piece of mind and if I decided to drop down to a 3 1/4 pulley down the road.

Last edited by erupted; 11-23-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:08 PM
GM TECH
Racer

Old 11-23-2014, 02:13 PM
GM TECH
Racer

Originally Posted by erupted
If I was you, I would seriously consider a 3 1/4 pulley, especially if you have long tube headers.

I have the 599HP kit with stock 3.5" in pulley. With Kooks headers and Borla exhaust it puts down around 525 RWHP at 6-7 PSI boost.

You could probably get closer to 560 RWHP with the smaller pulley and still be below 10PSI...maybe 8-9 PSI.

Good luck...BTW I know you are probably sick of hearing about the BAP and Racetronics harness, but it is rock solid and is a Fraction of the cost of a fuel pump install....why spend the $$$ if you really are going to sell it down the road.

My 2013 GS runs 62.9 fuel PSI with BAP on or off and doesn't waiver a bit when the pedal is floored and boost is at 7 PSI.

Sorry to keep adding on...but I noticed your car was also a 2013. Believe it or not my car actually maintained 62.9 fuel PSI without a BAP and a 3.5" pulley. But I already had the Racetronics harness and Ken Bell BAP, so I had them install it for piece of mind and if I decided to drop down to a 3 1/4 pulley down the road.
Thanks for your input. I'm looking into the harness. Any link to a source ??
Old 11-23-2014, 02:14 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Many vendors sell the harness or get it from Racetronix directly. Do not forget to order the PBIC which is a few bucks extra and allows the connection of the BAP directly.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...%2D008&eq=&Tp=
Old 11-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Ultrasport05
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Link to harness for BAP

Do yourself a favor and order one of the connectors on the right side of the page. This way all you have to do is crimp the connector onto the wires on the bap and it'll plug right into the racetronix harness. Truly plug and play.

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock e-Force Supercharger Pulley Swap

Old 11-23-2014, 02:32 PM
GM TECH
Racer

So these are the parts I need and they connect with my new Z06/LS7 fuel module?

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...%2D001&eq=&Tp=

Old 11-23-2014, 02:44 PM
Ultrasport05
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Correct. You'll want the harness either way. It extremely easy to install. One end goes on the alternator and the other plugs into the factory fuel pump connector. That's a general summary but you get the idea.

You only need that extra connector if you want to add a boost a pump.

Last edited by Ultrasport05; 11-23-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:44 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Exactly right !

Quick Reply: Edelbrock e-Force Supercharger Pulley Swap