C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding a blower. Do I add a cam? or leave it stock?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by GeneSch
That's awsome. I want one.
Was the sensor you used plug and play or did you have to mod it?
Do you by chance have the part number for it?
The MAP sensor is a direct replacement of the stock one.

To read boost it's just the DashLogic that plugs into your OBD2 port.

PM Matt at Florida Speed & Power they did my work.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:16 PM
coolwest2015
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013 Z06
I went with the A&A Vortech supercharger. I also went the American Racing headers. I'm at 643rwhp. I'm thinking about a meth kit next. I figure 30-40hp more from the meth. I had a 269 mile trip back home from the shop and averaged 23 MPG. I probably averaged 80MPH the whole way. I decided against a cam because I petty much use my Z06 as my summer car unless it is raining. I also went with the Akrapovic exhaust. It sounds badass now also. If you have any questions let me know. Oh I did have to put a fuel system on also. I had some problems with the Boosta pump and got tired of pissing with it so I got rid of it..
So i bought this 2004 C5 Z06 with all the goodies. I dont know what size cam is in it though. The shop that i ran my dyno with told me a mild cam.
I told him i want to install a procharger, he said get a blower cam, Whats wrong with the cam i got?? Im not trying to run big boost. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2015, 04:26 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
Agreed. I just bought a 3 bar MAP sensor and called it a day. Hook it up to a DashLogic and voila boost gauge. Here it is in action...

I seriously think something is wrong with my car after seeing that, lol. Holy ****.

(running stock headers probably isn't helping me any)

Last edited by schpenxel; 06-18-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:14 AM
coolwest2015
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock ls6

Originally Posted by ajrothm
For low boost like 10-11 psi, stick with a mass air meter and mass air tune. Your over all driveability will be closer to stock with the MAF tune..

When I had my stock ls6 w/d1sc procharger, the engine was completely stock with the stock maf and it literally idled/drove like a new Vette. 10 psi made 622rwhp and basically felt like a stock car with way more power.
Wow! That's like 25 HP per pound of boost. I should be close to 700 HP with all the work done to my Z LOL

Quick Reply: Adding a blower. Do I add a cam? or leave it stock?