C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to become a Meth head

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 06:57 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Default Looking to become a Meth head

I've read as much as I can stand to read on running meth on an N/A motor and now I think I'm ready to buy a kit. I'm posting here because you guys have more experience with meth injection.

My setup is a H/C LS2 with a slightly bumped CR. I also have a ported FAST/90 and a VR CAI, in case those alter the installation any. At first I plan on installing the kit as is and see how it runs. Then eventually I'll stop by one of the many great LS tuners in my area and possibly add some timing. I'm fairly competent so I was planning to do the install myself, unless I get a good deal on an install and tune from a local tuners.

As far as I can tell, there are 3 popular kits. Snow, AEM, and Alky. I would like some feedback from those of you who have installed and/or used any of these kits. (or others I may not be aware of)

So now that you guys have had the kits for awhile, which would you recommend? Any regrets or things you wish you had done differently? Any problems I should be aware of? I've read some stories where the controller had meth spraying continuously and hydrolocked the motor! However, I don't know if that was an install error or not.

I plan on using the WW tank, since it has a level sensor. Is there anything else I'll need? I'd like a complete kit and not have to run to the auto-parts/hardware store in the middle of the install. I'm looking for a clean hassle-free install, minus the usual knuckle-busting expletives.

Thanks
Old 11-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I'd get an Alky Control kit. For the C6 platform, you're not likely to find a better system or support. I never had any issues with it while I owned that car, and the quality of the system components is top notch.

I installed the system myself several years ago, and while time consuming to make everything very clean and hidden, it was well worth the effort. With something so critical, I made sure to crimp + solder all my connections. There is a bit of wiring with the Alky kit, but nothing too difficult.

I'm not sure what kind of gains you'll see on an NA setup, though. I'm not sure it's something I'd add if I didn't have forced induction.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Alky Control is the kit to get.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:29 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I like my alky control kit. No issues.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:54 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Agree.. Alky Control is the way to go...

Old 11-23-2014, 09:55 PM
MOTOWN Z
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Alky control is the only way to go straight VP M1 Meth! snow and aem don't even belong in the same sentence or compare.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:12 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Looks like Alky is the choice. Obviously FI benefits more from meth than NA but in my research I've found it can still be useful. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:44 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alky control for sure. Never had an issue with mine. Plus Julio is always available for help. He is always willing to help with any issues.

Any lowering of the intake charge is always a good thing!

Get notified of new replies

To Looking to become a Meth head

Quick Reply: Looking to become a Meth head