C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What size turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 02:35 AM
C6 Curtis
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude_man
Oh yea? How many turbo lsx based vehicles have you built?
Pretty obvious to know back pressure will be a problem if you put a single T4 on a 400+ cube LSX, anyone can tell you that. Does not matter how many Boosted LSX's I put togeather. If you have nothing to say or give him advice STFU.

-Curtis

Last edited by C6 Curtis; 12-13-2014 at 02:44 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:37 AM
TracyRR
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, as Danzglass said, it was a twin setup so your hot side diameter will be larger. Cool single Danzglass!!

Originally Posted by DANZGLASS
I think tracy is talking piping on his twin rear mount. So piping size wont be the same as your single. I have a manifold to 2.5 off the manifold into a single 3 in hot side. wrapped the whole way back. # in aluminum piping back up to the intercooler. My 5.3 lights of my pt7675 .96 damn fast and makes well over 900whp planning on well over 1000whp soon. On a 408 Idk on piping size as thats a lot more motor. But i would think it could support it. But you need more turbo. I think talking to John Bewley at little john motorsports is your best bet. I think a s484 with the new 410 cover would make every bit of 1200whp on a 408 with fast spool.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Curtis
Pretty obvious to know back pressure will be a problem if you put a single T4 on a 400+ cube LSX, anyone can tell you that. Does not matter how many Boosted LSX's I put togeather. If you have nothing to say or give him advice STFU.

-Curtis
Exactly what I thought... No real knowledge... Share some logs of back pressure ratios with a t4 or any results you've personally had with a turbo lsx. Oh wait you have nothing... I know the op personally and if you see my comments I told him to go with a t6. Build something worth mentioning then you can tell me to stfu until then sit down little buddy.

Last edited by Dude_man; 12-13-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:07 PM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Exactly what I thought... No real knowledge... Share some logs of back pressure ratios with a t4 or any results you've personally had with a turbo lsx. Oh wait you have nothing... I know the op personally and if you see my comments I told him to go with a t6. Build something worth mentioning then you can tell me to stfu until then sit down little buddy.
Play nice guys. Lol

I will say there are many who say T6 is the way to go. Then again, that's all it is. People "saying". I prefer to get some input from someone who has done a similar setup, or at least something relevant to show how back pressure and spool were affected on a big cube motor by using different Hot side AR and or T4,T5 or T6 designs.

I know there are a few single rear builds on here. Hopefully they chime in.

There is a local guy with a Supra that is willing to sell his recently freshened Garrett GT4788 T6 for a fair price. My fabricator admits that it will work, but wouldn't be his first pick.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:16 PM
C6 Curtis
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

If you know him personally then text him pretty simple. We know a t6 is better for a single good job

Im not going to go tit for tat with you I sent you a PM.

-Curtis

Last edited by C6 Curtis; 12-13-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Originally Posted by C6 Curtis
If you know him personally then text him pretty simple. We know a t6 is better for a single good job

Im not going to go tit for tat with you I sent you a PM.

-Curtis
You're like a whinny *** girl, can't read, get emotional, message me then complain when I reply... Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 12-13-2014, 09:08 PM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

You're like a whinny *** girl, can't read, get emotional, message me then complain when I reply... Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Just to clarify, both of you vote T6...
Curtis, what setup have you run with a T4, or T6 in a high CI V8? I'm curious to know your experience, hence the thread...
I am not looking for guys just repeating what they may have heard but have no actually proof or data.

Anyway...

Any other guys running singles on a 408 that want to chime in. Keep in mind this car isn't only about "the number". I don't want the car to be a pig on the street at low RPMs. I've seen data and Dynos of cars running. 408/88mm T6 of over 1100rwhp. But if I can make due with a smaller one that makes 1000rwhp with better throttle response....I'd go for that.

That guy with the supra wants to sell his to get a smaller turbo...
Car makes 1350rwhp which is more than what he wants, and is a school bus on the street, anything below 5K...

I don't want that.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:53 PM
chriswood
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running a single on a 408. Its a billet 84/96 on a bw s400 frame with a t6 1.54 back side. I don't have any experience with a rear setup, but if I had to guess I would say you have a much larger pre turbo exhaust so keeping the pipe diameter tight as well as the exhaust ar, is probably crucial, especially on a manual.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:22 PM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chriswood
I'm running a single on a 408. Its a billet 84/96 on a bw s400 frame with a t6 1.54 back side. I don't have any experience with a rear setup, but if I had to guess I would say you have a much larger pre turbo exhaust so keeping the pipe diameter tight as well as the exhaust ar, is probably crucial, especially on a manual.
Interesting. What kind of power are you making, and are you maxing it out? My fabricator is actually leaning towards a BW S400SX3 FMW 82mm with the 96mm turbine, it's a T4.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:08 PM
chriswood
Racer

I'm still finishing some minor plumbing and wiring, haven't hit the Dyno yet. I have some videos if you want to pm
Me your number.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

I'm still finishing some minor plumbing and wiring, haven't hit the Dyno yet. I have some videos if you want to pm
Me your number.
Are you setup to read back pressure?
Old 12-23-2014, 07:39 PM
chriswood
Racer

No I'm not but if the need arises I can/will. My setup is far from a rear mount. If I could figure out how to post a picture I would.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:49 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

No I'm not but if the need arises I can/will. My setup is far from a rear mount. If I could figure out how to post a picture I would.
It's always good to know the effiecency, especially before picking out a cam, etc.

Quick Reply: What size turbo...