C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STS Twin Turbo Pushing 1600+whp

Old 12-27-2014, 11:46 AM
pelhamj
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default STS Twin Turbo Pushing 1600+whp

I am looking to buy STS turbo kit as noted below to push 1600+ whp with new motor I am building. Does anyone have any history on these turbo system supporting this hp range from STS? This is what I have received from STS tech to support my hp goals. Just want to see if anyone has any history on this thread.

Thanks

Tuner Turbo System C6 Corvette LS7 (Z06) 2006 -

Pipe Kit Coated C6 Z06 Corvette 2006 - 2011 (Pipe

upgrade for 800+ RWHP) 2" O.D Pipe Upgrade

TURBO COMP 650HP T3 JOURNAL BEARING WITH

TURBINE HOUSING (CAST COMPRESSOR)

950HP Billet Compressor Wheel Upgrade

Triplex Ball Bearing Turbo Upgrade

Ceramic Coating for 1 Turbine Housing (Corrosion

Resistance & Better Heat Control)

Heat Shield for All Turbine Housings EXCEPT .81

P-Trim & .96 P-Trim (BLACK)

Wastegate STS/Turbosmart Ultragate 38mm 10 PSI

Black

Blow Off Valve STS/Turbosmart 52mm Black
Old 12-27-2014, 11:48 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Not going to happen, not even close.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:52 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

why are auto manufacturers installing turbos so close to the combustion chamber? We already know the answer.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:53 AM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Unreal
Not going to happen, not even close.

You will be lucky to make half of that....

If you are actually trying to make 1600 hp it will have to be a custom kit. Give us a call we can build you one.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:01 PM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by pelhamj
I am looking to buy STS turbo kit as noted below to push 1600+ whp with new motor I am building.
Have you tried searching used STS turbo kits in this forum?

With a budget build, it often makes sense.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

1600+rwhp and budget build don't belong in the same sentence.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:23 PM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

So true.

That's why I used two chapters.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:04 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

1600 RWHP and "budget" are a dream.... that can't come true.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:58 PM
pelhamj
Advanced

Thanks fellas for the input in regards to what this STS set up. I will continue my research as to what path to take, I have leaned toward the F2 cog set up and based on that cost I figured TT route would be the best route for future upgrades.
Thanks,
Old 12-27-2014, 05:13 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

TT route is the best, but not a STS. Send it to Vengance or RPM and do a custom kit if you really want 1600+
Old 12-27-2014, 05:19 PM
pelhamj
Advanced

TT route is the best, but not a STS. Send it to Vengance or RPM and do a custom kit if you really want 1600+
Thanks bro, I will give those cats a holler next Monday.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:20 PM
pelhamj
Advanced

Originally Posted by Frans96ss

You will be lucky to make half of that....

If you are actually trying to make 1600 hp it will have to be a custom kit. Give us a call we can build you one.
I will give you guys a call Monday as well to discuss further.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:51 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
why are auto manufacturers installing turbos so close to the combustion chamber? We already know the answer.
Exactly 203 in the half mile...
Old 12-28-2014, 08:12 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

I am looking to buy STS turbo kit as noted below to push 1600+ whp with new motor I am building. Does anyone have any history on these turbo system supporting this hp range from STS? This is what I have received from STS tech to support my hp goals. Just want to see if anyone has any history on this thread.

Thanks

Tuner Turbo System C6 Corvette LS7 (Z06) 2006 -

Pipe Kit Coated C6 Z06 Corvette 2006 - 2011 (Pipe

upgrade for 800+ RWHP) 2" O.D Pipe Upgrade

TURBO COMP 650HP T3 JOURNAL BEARING WITH

TURBINE HOUSING (CAST COMPRESSOR)

950HP Billet Compressor Wheel Upgrade

Triplex Ball Bearing Turbo Upgrade

Ceramic Coating for 1 Turbine Housing (Corrosion

Resistance & Better Heat Control)

Heat Shield for All Turbine Housings EXCEPT .81

P-Trim & .96 P-Trim (BLACK)

Wastegate STS/Turbosmart Ultragate 38mm 10 PSI

Black

Blow Off Valve STS/Turbosmart 52mm Black

You sound like me three years ago. I was inspired by LMR's 1500rwhp rear mount build and wanted to recreate it on a budget. In talking to STS their piping can only support 1000 rwhp before the back pressure become so high that you begin seeing diminishing returns.

I decided I would do this build correct the first time, lifted my budget limitation and went with Vengeance racing after consulting a number of shops here on the forum. We stuck the turbos where the fuel tanks used to be located with the thought that we would have all the benefits of a rear mount system with slightly improved throttle response and most of all a completely unique design:

I was using medium-large turbos: Compturbo oiless, BB Triplex coated 7275 .96AR and made 1587 at the wheels. The benefits my system has over any front or top mount is that the added weight of the system is focused over the rear wheels. I have a slight lag that prevents copius tire spinning and provides a brutal powercurve. I have 3in piping which keeps my temps at ambient and allows for aggressive engine timing to compensate for the larger turbos and extra pipes. The results speak for themselves, the car will pull like a freight train and is completely street drivable.

Some people on this forum felt any sort of remote mount system will be slow and have a lot of turbo lag. I stopped a lot of the doubts that had built up over nine months when I showed up to the Georgia half mile with an hour of seat time having not driven the car for 9 months since dropping it off and achieved 187 195 and 194mph trap speeds at the Wannagofast Half mile. I've only drag raced once and really had no idea how to launch, plus after nine months I didnt want to break the car and took it easy on it.

I took the car home, drove it 4k miles and became really comfortable.I raced again this year to achieve 183, 188, 192, 197 and 203mph which makes me the fastest RWD vehicle to have raced at the Georgia Wannagofast series and the Fastest Corvette to compete at any of their venues, something no one else on this forum can claim.

Right now the car is getting some tweaks, a PROEFI computer with traction control, upgraded turbos to 7978 1.04AR and some other parts with the intention to add another 250hp and hopefully hit to 210mph mark.

Build video:

Flames!

Compilation of driving videos

I will be the first to tel you that anything is possible and that a rear mount system will end up being superior however it will cost you more and take extra time to be done correctly. Shoot me a PM with your cell, I have this week off and we can talk budget and parts selection and see if this is the direction you want to go.

Have a great day!

Last edited by SinisterC6; 12-28-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:25 AM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
I took the car home, drove it 4k miles and became really comfortable.I raced again this year to achieve 183, 188, 192, 197 and 203mph which makes me the fastest RWD vehicle to have raced at the Georgia Wannagofast series and the Fastest Corvette to compete at any of their venues, something no one else on this forum can claim.

Holy god!

By the way, why's your (both) wideband showing lean at 4th and 5th gear?
Old 12-28-2014, 10:32 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles
Holy god!

By the way, why's your (both) wideband showing lean at 4th and 5th gear?
Im not sure why the gauges were off but I saw that too making the video. My log recorded low 11s tho so I guess that's what mattered
Old 12-28-2014, 02:58 PM
pelhamj
Advanced

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
You sound like me three years ago. I was inspired by LMR's 1500rwhp rear mount build and wanted to recreate it on a budget. In talking to STS their piping can only support 1000 rwhp before the back pressure become so high that you begin seeing diminishing returns.

I decided I would do this build correct the first time, lifted my budget limitation and went with Vengeance racing after consulting a number of shops here on the forum. We stuck the turbos where the fuel tanks used to be located with the thought that we would have all the benefits of a rear mount system with slightly improved throttle response and most of all a completely unique design:

I was using medium-large turbos: Compturbo oiless, BB Triplex coated 7275 .96AR and made 1587 at the wheels. The benefits my system has over any front or top mount is that the added weight of the system is focused over the rear wheels. I have a slight lag that prevents copius tire spinning and provides a brutal powercurve. I have 3in piping which keeps my temps at ambient and allows for aggressive engine timing to compensate for the larger turbos and extra pipes. The results speak for themselves, the car will pull like a freight train and is completely street drivable.

Some people on this forum felt any sort of remote mount system will be slow and have a lot of turbo lag. I stopped a lot of the doubts that had built up over nine months when I showed up to the Georgia half mile with an hour of seat time having not driven the car for 9 months since dropping it off and achieved 187 195 and 194mph trap speeds at the Wannagofast Half mile. I've only drag raced once and really had no idea how to launch, plus after nine months I didnt want to break the car and took it easy on it.

Right now the car is getting some tweaks, a PROEFI computer with traction control, upgraded turbos to 7978 1.04AR and some other parts with the intention to add another 250hp and hopefully hit to 210mph mark.

Build video:

Flames!

Compilation of driving videos

I will be the first to tel you that anything is possible and that a rear mount system will end up being superior however it will cost you more and take extra time to be done correctly. Shoot me a PM with your cell, I have this week off and we can talk budget and parts selection and see if this is the direction you want to go.

Have a great day!
That is a very impressive install. I will say my budget was only 13k which I am sure is far from what that will cost. I have 23k going into this motor and still have drive train and fuel system work to do yet. I will have to re-think my direction as I do not have enough money for all that work right now and certainly do not want to relocate fuel tanks, not that its an issue just my preference. Maybe I need to re-think my goals and draw the line somewhere which we all know it never seems to be enough hp. I am very pleased that you have taken the time to be so detailed in sharing your experience so that myself and others can utilize this information to help with there TT questions. Awesome car and vey impressed with you're beast. Exhaust is nasty by the way, I like that set-up.
Regards,

Get notified of new replies

To STS Twin Turbo Pushing 1600+whp

Old 12-28-2014, 03:33 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

That is a very impressive install. I will say my budget was only 13k which I am sure is far from what that will cost. I have 23k going into this motor and still have drive train and fuel system work to do yet. I will have to re-think my direction as I do not have enough money for all that work right now and certainly do not want to relocate fuel tanks, not that its an issue just my preference. Maybe I need to re-think my goals and draw the line somewhere which we all know it never seems to be enough hp. I am very pleased that you have taken the time to be so detailed in sharing your experience so that myself and others can utilize this information to help with there TT questions. Awesome car and vey impressed with you're beast. Exhaust is nasty by the way, I like that set-up.
Regards,
If you can do the install yourself you can get by with a 13k budget for a system. I don't want to break your dreams but you may want to do this build over two steps, first complete the motor, drive-train and fuel system and follow up with turbos as money is available.

Though I am not a blower guy it may be appropriate to go the F1 route and aim for 1200hp.

What are your overall goals for the car/ build? Is there a performance figure you are after or is this strictly a numbers goal?
Old 12-28-2014, 07:07 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

i've got a cogged F2 kit that I will be selling shortly since I've been offered a wicked TT kit at a price I can't refuse. This kit has made 1400whp, being turned slower than mine is being turned now and with a significantly smaller intercooler than this one. Mine's a 4.5", using a Bell core and 3.5" plumbing between the supercharger and intercooler. The original design used a much weaker belt and system than what I'm using now and it's been working great. I doubt you'll get more power capability for a lesser price that what I would sell this for. I've offered a local friend first right of refusal, but he may not be able to take it right now.

Here's a pic of it.

Bret
Old 12-28-2014, 07:28 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
i've got a cogged F2 kit that I will be selling shortly since I've been offered a wicked TT kit at a price I can't refuse. This kit has made 1400whp, being turned slower than mine is being turned now and with a significantly smaller intercooler than this one. Mine's a 4.5", using a Bell core and 3.5" plumbing between the supercharger and intercooler. The original design used a much weaker belt and system than what I'm using now and it's been working great. I doubt you'll get more power capability for a lesser price that what I would sell this for. I've offered a local friend first right of refusal, but he may not be able to take it right now.

Here's a pic of it.

Bret
Post videos so he can hear what 1400hp sounds like without being muffled by a turbine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: STS Twin Turbo Pushing 1600+whp