C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 corvette single turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 10:01 PM
kpt0
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are some the lates pics of how the build is going haven't really been able to work on it so its kinda slow but should be wrapping it up soon
Old 02-03-2015, 10:11 PM
kpt0
Instructor

Old 02-03-2015, 10:20 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

What welder are you using?
Old 02-03-2015, 10:43 PM
kpt0
Instructor

Originally Posted by schpenxel
What welder are you using?
miller syncrowave200
Old 02-04-2015, 01:50 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

gonna be nasssty
Old 02-16-2015, 07:41 AM
curtisb23
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

need to get that toxic fab cup holy hell did it make a diffrence ,i actuly have a extra one depending on your torch handle size, this single is growing on me any up date pics
Old 02-16-2015, 11:57 AM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

LOVE single turbo builds! They looks just sooo bad. I'm Looking forward for the end result. Good luck with everything!
Old 02-16-2015, 02:51 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Gotta love these turbo custom builds!!

you guys does not have concern with all that heat under hood!?
Old 02-16-2015, 07:08 PM
narfdanarf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WHITE_SHARK
Gotta love these turbo custom builds!!

you guys does not have concern with all that heat under hood!?
I honestly feel like my car runs cooler cause it doesn't have all that other **** packed in the engine bay. It's basically just a turbo and an engine and it's all coated...plus custom super thick radiator and piping...it's just way better than the stock setup. From what I've seen heat issues are myths perpetuated by supercharger salesmen.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:16 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by narfdanarf
I honestly feel like my car runs cooler cause it doesn't have all that other **** packed in the engine bay. It's basically just a turbo and an engine and it's all coated...plus custom super thick radiator and piping...it's just way better than the stock setup. From what I've seen heat issues are myths perpetuated by supercharger salesmen.

I used to have a big turbo in the fender area of my mustang. And it put off enough heat to burn you if you leaned against the car.

heat is there. Look at underhood or dyno vids where the hot pipes literally glow red.

now is it a problem? Probably not in most cases. As long as you take care of stuff in close proximity, either shielding or relocating.

but to say the heat isn't there isn't exactly true.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:17 AM
kpt0
Instructor

Thanks guys and yeah there will deffnetly be heat but like said before with all the hot side coated or wrapped it contains a lot of heat also and if you have everything that doeant like heat shielded and wrapped to keep from burning you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:33 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Curious on the size of the primary tubes going to the inlet of the turbo. They look huge.

In my experience on my PTK car,...heat is immense. Before I wrapped and coated, when I opened the hood,..it felt like I opened a great big giant oven. It was crazy. From a guy that works on his own car, I couldn't really comfortably work on my own car in South Florida until it cooled down.

...Then I wrapped everything,..and then, I could actually work on the car again, while it was hot and still running. WRAP made all the difference in the world. Also had to vent the hood. Turbos generate 1100 PLUS temps off the housing,...which was enough to blister my hood...... I was able to wax out, and then I was able to put blankets on the turbos...no issues.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:11 PM
kpt0
Instructor

Originally Posted by Smoove
Curious on the size of the primary tubes going to the inlet of the turbo. They look huge.

In my experience on my PTK car,...heat is immense. Before I wrapped and coated, when I opened the hood,..it felt like I opened a great big giant oven. It was crazy. From a guy that works on his own car, I couldn't really comfortably work on my own car in South Florida until it cooled down.

...Then I wrapped everything,..and then, I could actually work on the car again, while it was hot and still running. WRAP made all the difference in the world. Also had to vent the hood. Turbos generate 1100 PLUS temps off the housing,...which was enough to blister my hood...... I was able to wax out, and then I was able to put blankets on the turbos...no issues.
the tubes are all 3"
Old 02-17-2015, 12:23 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by kpt0
the tubes are all 3"

Wonder how it will spool,..given the size. Wonder if 2.25" or 2.5" would be a better option to get some velocity into that housing,..help it lite off a little quicker. ..or a lot quicker?
Old 02-17-2015, 12:32 PM
kpt0
Instructor

Wonder how it will spool,..given the size. Wonder if 2.25" or 2.5" would be a better option to get some velocity into that housing,..help it lite off a little quicker. ..or a lot quicker?
Haven't ran the car yet but will see I don't think it will be that bad of a spool

Last edited by kpt0; 02-17-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:05 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Haven't ran the car yet but will see I don't think it will be that bad of a spool
Probably not bad. Especially if you use the car on the street, or roll race events. May not be too bad. Worse case, you could always down size to tubing,..or change the AR depending on which turbine cover your running. If it IS lazy,...that's where it would be.

Been wanting someone local to let us do a front mount turbo setup like you're doing. It's gonna be nassssty.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:43 PM
kpt0
Instructor

Probably not bad. Especially if you use the car on the street, or roll race events. May not be too bad. Worse case, you could always down size to tubing,..or change the AR depending on which turbine cover your running. If it IS lazy,...that's where it would be.

Been wanting someone local to let us do a front mount turbo setup like you're doing. It's gonna be nassssty.
yeah this car will be a street car/roll race car. and thanks man

Get notified of new replies

To C6 corvette single turbo build

Old 02-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

yeah this car will be a street car/roll race car. and thanks man
Nice, and you're welcome. If you ever get a half mile event near you, check it out! Car will be perfect for that,..and a strong contender if you can get some traction.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:44 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 100 Posts

Benefits of a single turbo vs twin turbo setup?
Old 02-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
Benefits of a single turbo vs twin turbo setup?
1 turbo vs 2, 1 gate vs 2(usually) but, a single COULD provide packaging issues vs two, smaller turbos.... typically two small turbos could light off quicker....but,..honestly so could a well thought out single. They're both awesome, and have near limitless capabilities.

Quick Reply: C6 corvette single turbo build