C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does one use DashLogic?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Sounds like your having issues with your tune, not the dashlogic. Dashlogic reports exactly what the ECU is seeing. If ECU is being reported 3psi, then it is going to show that. If your tuner didn't swap in a 2 or 3 bar map sensor, and adjust for it in the tune, you will not have accurate boost readings.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:37 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by texasfireman
Still correct?? I estimated 15-18% loss due to drivetrain.
I'm not sure if I'm following you completely. You originally mentioned that the DashLogic shows ~750 hp on the display. 600 RWHP through an automatic probably isn't all that far off from that. That was one of my points, but maybe I misunderstood you.

On top of that, You're trying to use chassis dyno numbers to validate crank horsepower. That just doesn't work. That's a whole 'nother discussion, but it isn't always going to be a fixed % lost through the drivetrain. Chassis dynos are great for measuring before and after power after modifications, but not great at trying to measure and back calculate to get your crank HP.

The more important point (my second paragraph in my last post) was that even if the DashLogic is doing it's calculations properly, the data it's getting from the engine control module can and will skew the numbers you see. If you feed the DashLogic incorrect data, it will spit out incorrect data. Pretty simple.

As for the boost reading 3 psi..... you either don't have a proper MAP sensor that can actually read boost, or aren't using the correct PID in the DashLogic. Most of us LS3 guys buy a ZR1 MAP sensor (GM part # 12592525). You'll need this to actually read any boost over a few psi. The stock MAP sensor isn't designed to do so.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:02 PM
texasfireman
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Map swapped

So now that I have the 3 bar map sensor listed above, It needs re-tuned to read correctly? It reads -11 at idle now after swap. What PID do I add to boost?

Originally Posted by Unreal
Sounds like your having issues with your tune, not the dashlogic. Dashlogic reports exactly what the ECU is seeing. If ECU is being reported 3psi, then it is going to show that. If your tuner didn't swap in a 2 or 3 bar map sensor, and adjust for it in the tune, you will not have accurate boost readings.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:10 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Wait. Did you literally just plug this sensor in with no other changes to the tune?

If so, then yes, there are a few MAP sensor settings that need to be changed in the tune

Beyond that, no one can say what needs to be done without seeing the tune and some logs

The same PID will show vacuum and boost, so it sounds like you already found the right one. I don't have my dash logic with me to be able to say which PID it is, but I can look it up when I get home if you don't find it. One of the pages that comes on DL from the factory has boost/vacuum already setup
Old 10-27-2015, 04:19 PM
texasfireman
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Thanks

I will check it out on my next few days off and see if I can get it adjusted. Right now it still seems it would take a tuner a while to adjust all the settings in this to get it working right. If anyone knows of one near Houston near the North side familiar with this box, let me know.

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Wait. Did you literally just plug this sensor in with no other changes to the tune?

If so, then yes, there are a few MAP sensor settings that need to be changed in the tune

Beyond that, no one can say what needs to be done without seeing the tune and some logs

The same PID will show vacuum and boost, so it sounds like you already found the right one. I don't have my dash logic with me to be able to say which PID it is, but I can look it up when I get home if you don't find it. One of the pages that comes on DL from the factory has boost/vacuum already setup
Old 10-27-2015, 04:23 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Making the new MAP sensor read correctly is literally 3 fields that you just type new numbers into. Any tuner can do it in < 5 minutes. Hopefully whoever tuned it for you last time would be willing to update those two values without charging you much since it's so simple.

As far as what it would need beyond that.. no way to say without seeing tune/logs. Hopefully not much!
Old 10-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

And hope your tune isn't using the map or you just messed your fueling way up until those numbers are adjusted.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:20 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

That too.. it's at least going to be using it for injector flow rate calcs and injector offset values regardless of SD vs MAF
Old 10-27-2015, 09:20 PM
TTZ06VETTE
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Will an EBoost 2 be able to drive Dashlogic? I have a Nexus boost gauge on my pod, and an EBoost controller on my console, and an Alky Contol meth pump with a MAP. Seems like one of them should be able to drive the unit without setting up another MAP sensor.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:42 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

As long as you can pull a 0-5v signal off it. Can use the alky control map box, or whatever is signalling the eboost.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:54 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by TTZ06VETTE
Seems like one of them should be able to drive the unit without setting up another MAP sensor.
Why would you set up another MAP sensor? If the car's main MAP sensor will read boost then it will show up on dash logic. No wiring or setup required.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:08 AM
TTZ06VETTE
Drifting

Why would you set up another MAP sensor? If the car's main MAP sensor will read boost then it will show up on dash logic. No wiring or setup required.
Thought a stock 2007 c6Z06 sensor would not work...
Old 10-28-2015, 08:02 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Correct. Figured you had at least a ZR1 map sensor on any forced induction car though. Guess not.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:48 AM
TTZ06VETTE
Drifting

Correct. Figured you had at least a ZR1 map sensor on any forced induction car though. Guess not.
Not sure they were out when LPE built my car in '07. My Eboost , Aky kit. or boost gauge must have the resolution required though. Just need to figure out which one I can tap into for the 0-5v signal. THink the Eboost may have an output wire for driving an external appliance.

Last edited by TTZ06VETTE; 10-28-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Quick Reply: How does one use DashLogic?