C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1700HP TT Glide 9" C6 Z06 Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 02:17 PM
dascorcha21
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 1700HP TT Glide 9" C6 Z06 Build

Sooooo just when I thought I was done with builds…. Im doing it again fml….
Build Goals – build reliable Street car capable of daily driving and racing from dig or roll at any time.
I will be breaking this build up into different more detailed sections for everyone to be able to follow along and maybe have discussions about.
Part 1 - Fuel System
Part 2 – Drivetrain
Part 3 - Rolling Gear
Part 4 - Engine
Part 5 - Evac system
Part 6 - Turbo Kit
Part 7 - Heat Management

But below you will find the overall high level build.
07 C6 Z06
RHS 434ci lower
Mast Heads
RPM Glide 9” conversion
DKT Twin Turbo Kit

Part 1
Fuel System
After much research and debate I have opted to go with a FORE Invitations system and ALKY Meth Kit
I will be utilizing the 3 pump system in which 1 pump (walbro 465) will handle normal duty and the 2x AEM 320-e will kit on via hobbs switch at a given PSI. To deliver the fuel to the motor I am also using RSI billet fuel rails and ID2000 injectors and tunneling everything via -10 feed and -8 return. This fuel system will support around 1500rwhp on e85. To cool the charge and provide even more safe guard I will be running 2 M15 nozzles on the ALKY progressive Meth kit.

Fore Billet pump hanger! utilizing the 3 pump system in which 1 pump (walbro 465) will handle normal duty and the 2x AEM 320-e will kit on via hobbs switch at a given PSI.

Hefty Wiring to provide good power and ground to support the 3 pumps! Also pictured is the hobbs switch!

Few billet pieces! Fore billet vacuum manifold, billet Y-block, and filter check valve combo to keep the lines clean.

I opted to use RSI Billet fuel rails as they are big bore and are one of the few offered for the LS7 stock intake which have a very sturdy billet mount to avoid deflection under high boost!

Fore Big FPR will be managing the fuel pressure! We have our system setup at 43lbs static.
I have opted to utilize ID2000 injectors which should support around 1500hp on e85

Overall picture of entire assembly

Everything black!

Another shot of the art work

Good picture of the RSI Billet mounts! Super sturdy!

RSI Billet Rails mounted! Also picture is my dsteck flex fuel sensor that will be used on the return line.

Tanks were easy to drop but I think I ran out of curse words to use on the crossover tube..

Tripple pumps in!

-10 feed and -8 return ran, I will secure them once drivetrain is in.

Y-Block routed and place in a position easy to get to.

Intake Manifold and rails and lines all mocked up!

Looks good!

Y-Block mounted and Alky Meth kit completed!

Last edited by dascorcha21; 01-31-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:18 PM
dascorcha21
Drifting

Part 2
Drivetrain
I have opted to change the car from a rpm level X 4l65e to the best of the best RPM Glide Swap with 9” conversion with a 3.25 gear to keep things nice and street friendly. Utilizing this transmission will insure reliability, longevity, and make controlling the power easier. I will also be using DSS axles and hubs along with ECS Axles loops and Torque tamer.

Level X 4l65e Trans and rear coming out! Quick 30 minute job.

DSS Level 5 Axle and Hub Kit!

Studs pressed into DSS Hubs

ECS Axle Loops and Torque Tamer! Cheap insurance if you ask me!

B&M Pro Bandit Shifter!

Coan 4k Stall converter!

RPM Transmission Powerglide and 9” conversion! Every little nook and cranny of this work of art screams heavy duty!

Billet everything! Lol

Fully built TQ Tube to handle all the power I can produce!

Mocking everything up and bolting axles in!

Torque tube on and everything ready to drop back in!

Fits like a glove slipped right in with no issues!

Just look at that huge 9”

Pictured are the heavy duty axles and axle loop!

Deep Trans pan and torque tamer can be seen here!

Shifter linkage installed

Shifter installed!

Stock Tunnel plate modified!

Trans lines ran and secured!
Old 01-25-2015, 02:20 PM
dascorcha21
Drifting

Part 3
Rolling Gear
I have decided to run Weld RTS 18x5 fronts with M&H tires which will provide a lighter solution yet still have plenty of stability at high speed roll racing. For the rear I have opted to run 15x11 Weld RTS Beadlock in order to do so with a C6 LG Spindles and Base C5/C6 brakes are required, while this is a costly mod it reaps its benefits by 10 fold (the weight savings alone is worth it.) This allows us to run a 275/60/15 MT Radial Pros which is the current king of the hill on traction and provides the best split between a bias ply and radial side wall. It is this very reason Beadlocks were also chosen to eliminate any possibility of the tire spinning on the rim.

LG Billet Spindles! Wish these didn’t have to be hidden 

Billet Spindles mounted and Pfadt Trans mounts in place!

Rear Brake Calipers being massaged!

Brakes Mounted!

Little Preview!

Old 01-25-2015, 02:20 PM
dascorcha21
Drifting

Part 4
Engine
I have opted to utilize an RHS Block for its many benefits including lightweight (aluminum) and priority oiling; This will be a 434ci utilizing a set of custom Mast LS7 heads. The lower end is comprised of CALLIES Magnum Crank, CALLIES Billet Rods, COMP short travel high RPM Roller Lifters, and WEISCO Pistons. The MAST Heads are utilizing TI intake and SS exhaust valves w/ PAC 700 + lift springs and TI retainers and T&D Shaft mount rockers to rake in the control. Of course because of the height of the T&D rockers we have opted to use the MAST Tall valve covers to clear. This is an E85/Meth build therefore we will be using an extremely aggressive static compression ratio of 12:5 but the DCR will be decent per our custom spec LJMS Cam 237/248 .679/.630 120 +5.

LJMS Cam 237/248 .679/.630 120 +5.

T&D Rockers

Changing cam

Organization is key! I do this roughly every 6 months just to check over all valvetrain components for wear etc.

Comp Short Travel Lifters, Must be set at 0 PreLoad!

Mast Tall Valve covers to clear rockers
Old 01-25-2015, 02:21 PM
dascorcha21
Drifting

Part 5
Evac system
Since we have space in the front and keeping vacuum to the engine is the best thing all around, actually better than any catch can system can compare to, we chose to utilize a VP104 Super Pro Pump GZ Motorsports system! This will support all our needs and a few custom touches which will involve never having to deal with a catch can!

Bling Bling! GZ Motorsports vacuum system! We will be pulling 13-14in. on the motor. Depending on how your rings are setup huge gains can be had from this mod.

Following the trend in the engine bay the pump will match all black theme  I also use a katech manual tensioner to keep everything in check at high rpm. Here’s some mocked up pics, I will be pulling vacuum from the passenger side valve cover through a -10an hose and then expelling those gasses out the rear of car through a 3/4in. hose. You can also see a cylinder looking thing on the pump itself with little holes in it, this little device will allow me to easily adjust the vacuum being applied to the engine.

Mocked up on engine!
Old 01-25-2015, 02:21 PM
dascorcha21
Drifting

Part 6
Turbo Kit
To feed this monster motor I chose turbos and 2 for that matter! DKT was able to provide us with a nice race kit utilizing a race intercooler and couple of other little items….To save time and get things going I went with 6766 which will soon be changed to the new 6870s. a humungous 64mm Precision BOV will handle the cold side of things while two 46mm Precision Wastegates will handle the hot side. I will be utilizing Boostleash boost controller keeping more precise control of the gates through the use of the viaiar kit (c02 substitute) all vacuum an pressure lines will be braided stainless no nylon or rubber hose. Heat management comes via PTP Turbo Blanket and every product they offer!
Overall Race Kit Components!

PTE 6766 turbos 1.06AR Ported S Cover and 46mm PTE Wastegates

Because of the low mounting I will be utilizing a turborex oil pump to get the oil back to the dry sump! Custom turbo drain adapter with internal filters inside the adpters are being used and -12an back to the pump. Notice the -4an fitting on the T for a vent to operate the pump with no issues. The vent line will be tied back into the passenger side valve cover.

65mm hole in charge pipe to accommodate the PTE 64mm BOV, this should lessen the need to run twin tials.

I chose to use the Viair Onboard air system instead of a C02 bottle because I didn’t want to deal with refilling. Also this gives me the option to be able to fill up my tires after airing down to run. It’s a neat little system and doesn’t weigh much so was definitely an easy decision.

Charge piping being mocked up!

4.5in Race intercooler mounted and B&M transcooler also mounted!

Whats can be seen on the table are a bunch of stainless Teflon fittings that will be used on wastegate setup. You can also see the black -4an hoses and line that will be used for bov and fpr vacuum reference. ARP balancer bolt was used when putting my ATI UD Balancer back on. ARP Stud kit for the manifold to head are being used along with GM stainless gaskets! Basically everything between the head and turbo inlet will be utilizing studs and stainless gasket to insure no leaks ever happen! Also utilizing dynomax bullet mufflers.

More to come!
Big Build Little Garage
Old 01-25-2015, 03:09 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Props to you man for doing all that work on jackstands!! Everything looks well thought out. I didn't realize you live so close to me. I wouldn't mind taking a look at this car in person since it looks to be the next best thing coming out of the STL area. Thanks for sharing all those pics with us. The transmission and rear end are bad *** for sure. Personally I would've use the th400 but I'm sure you have your own reasons. Looking forward for the final rewards.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:17 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

Good progress, looking forward to your results on the dyno and street
Old 01-25-2015, 03:21 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Super build. I love the attention to details. Good luck and looking forward to results.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:37 PM
ATLS2
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe this is all done in a home garage. Wow
Old 01-25-2015, 05:35 PM
dascorcha21
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pitufina
Props to you man for doing all that work on jackstands!! Everything looks well thought out. I didn't realize you live so close to me. I wouldn't mind taking a look at this car in person since it looks to be the next best thing coming out of the STL area. Thanks for sharing all those pics with us. The transmission and rear end are bad *** for sure. Personally I would've use the th400 but I'm sure you have your own reasons. Looking forward for the final rewards.
Tks man
I've already done a th400 on one of my past builds, didn't choose it because I didn't feel like cutting my car up and there's no 9" option for it I believe.
Check it out https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1579748011
Old 01-25-2015, 05:57 PM
Shoaf85
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Where did you get the shifter mount/panel from? Looks very clean. I made my own brackets for my glide shifter setup but that looks great.

Awesome top notch build man, Good luck with it!
Old 01-25-2015, 06:40 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dascorcha21
Tks man
I've already done a th400 on one of my past builds, didn't choose it because I didn't feel like cutting my car up and there's no 9" option for it I believe.
Check it out https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1579748011
Oh okay. i was under the impression that all RPM tranmissions with the 9 inch combos were all bolt ons with no extra modications. That's why I hate to assume lol
Old 01-25-2015, 06:45 PM
dascorcha21
Drifting

Originally Posted by Shoaf85
Where did you get the shifter mount/panel from? Looks very clean. I made my own brackets for my glide shifter setup but that looks great.

Awesome top notch build man, Good luck with it!
RPM did the bracket. They pretty much delivered a no hassle bolt on package
Old 01-25-2015, 06:47 PM
dascorcha21
Drifting

Originally Posted by turbotuner20v
Good progress, looking forward to your results on the dyno and street
street will probably be my results, i dont usually do dyno's and even more so numbers through a glide and 9" wont be spectacular (no dyno queen)

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Super build. I love the attention to details. Good luck and looking forward to results.

Originally Posted by ATLS2
I can't believe this is all done in a home garage. Wow
gotta work with what i got
Old 01-25-2015, 06:53 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

*droool*..

want.. glide.....

want.. 9"...

What's the 1st gear ratio of the glide?
Old 01-25-2015, 07:00 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn Gonz. You're Pretty Fly for a White Guy!

Get notified of new replies

To 1700HP TT Glide 9" C6 Z06 Build

Old 01-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Aka the make everyone feel broke thread
Old 01-25-2015, 07:11 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by dascorcha21

gotta work with what i got
I know the feeling there. Rebuilt a newer BMW engine in the driveway once, no garage.. talk about feeling redneck. Gotta do what you gotta do though.

I love that fuel system.. Fore seems to make some good stuff.

Oh, and

Old 01-25-2015, 07:16 PM
dascorcha21
Drifting

Originally Posted by lane_change
Damn Gonz. You're Pretty Fly for a White Guy!

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Aka the make everyone feel broke thread
bah I'm just trying to keep up with you texas folk.

Originally Posted by schpenxel
I know the feeling there. Rebuilt a newer BMW engine in the driveway once, no garage.. talk about feeling redneck. Gotta do what you gotta do though.

I love that fuel system.. Fore seems to make some good stuff.

Oh, and

Quick Reply: 1700HP TT Glide 9" C6 Z06 Build