C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 A6 LS3 FI Trans ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 11:08 AM
Red89gt
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default 2010 A6 LS3 FI Trans ?'s

Ok I have searched and found as much auto related info as possible and I am still looking for the latest solutions there are for putting the A&A S trim kit on my 2010 auto Grand Sport. I had a bad hip, torn socket, dysplasia, etc that prevented a manual trans at purchase. I have since been fixed up after finding a doc that knew how to repair it all and now have an auto gs that I want to take up a notch to hang with freakishly fast cars in my area.

What kind of reliability have you guys with automatic's and blowers been seeing now that you have a couple years and some miles of usage?

Can the sponsoring shops chime in with what needs to be done to get the A6 to live happily behind a FI LS3? I have seen torque management needs to be on and some saying it needs to be off. Can the stock trans live in a blower set up or does it need to come out and get expensive build?

Would a convertor, cam, and long tubes be a waste of money because the blower on stock set up will make more than the trans can handle? I don't want to run meth injection or e85, 93 octane will be my primary fuel.

Will I need to do anything suspension wise to run drag radials? axles, bushings? I go to the track once or twice a year but not looking to make 100 passes. Usually make 3-4 per visit, once I back up a time consistently I am usually done for the day.

Starting to get a plan together and appreciate all the info I can get.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:29 PM
monsta01
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been doing good with 660whp. I should have ~800whp soon and I'm actually worried about the trans. I'm also wondering what options are available.

I went 9.98@140 so far.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:50 AM
DEE_Vette
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by monsta01
I've been doing good with 660whp. I should have ~800whp soon and I'm actually worried about the trans. I'm also wondering what options are available.

I went 9.98@140 so far.
Which Blower and How much Boost are you running?!? Cam, Meth & Pulley Size???
Old 01-31-2015, 10:13 AM
monsta01
Racer

Originally Posted by DEE_Vette
Which Blower and How much Boost are you running?!? Cam, Meth & Pulley Size???
Magnuson Heartbeat. Cam, no meth.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:46 AM
Red89gt
Burning Brakes

Monsta01 - who set up your engine and trans tune? Did you do the blower and cam install or farm out; if so what shop?
Old 01-31-2015, 10:49 AM
monsta01
Racer

I bought the car with the blower installed already from GM. I bought the cam and pullies and 21st Century Musclecars installed the parts and tuned it. I tweak the trans settings at the track with HP Tuners. They are about to install a nitrous kit so I'm hoping the transmission doesn't hate me.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:46 PM
Red89gt
Burning Brakes

Sounds like an awesome set up.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:42 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

I bought the car with the blower installed already from GM. I bought the cam and pullies and 21st Century Musclecars installed the parts and tuned it. I tweak the trans settings at the track with HP Tuners. They are about to install a nitrous kit so I'm hoping the transmission doesn't hate me.
Tranny hate?? I can see that being an issue for you If it holds together, it's going to be stupid fast
Old 10-03-2015, 04:00 AM
Red89gt
Burning Brakes

So did your trans make it through the summer and how did the car run?
Old 10-05-2015, 04:48 PM
monsta01
Racer

Car went 9.9@144mph in 3000 DA. But I blew the motor about a month ago. I'm almost certain the meth didn't spray. I filled up the tank last Saturday. By Monday evening the tank was empty and it was dripping on the floor with the car just sitting. I don't know why the low fluid light didn't come on. But I'll get it all fixed and hopefully find some 150mph traps this fall.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:45 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

That's awesome (time, that is... not so much the blown engine).

21st Century tuned mine as well. I had a CTSV they tuned as well and it had no issues with the A6 in it. They have told me that 600-650rwhp the stock trans should live.

I'm very happy with mine. I'm not making the power that monsta is (I'm right at 600rwhp), but the car runs great and I've seen no anomalies in how the trans shifts regardless of trans temp/throttle position, etc.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:19 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by WA 2 FST
That's awesome (time, that is... not so much the blown engine).

21st Century tuned mine as well. I had a CTSV they tuned as well and it had no issues with the A6 in it. They have told me that 600-650rwhp the stock trans should live.

I'm very happy with mine. I'm not making the power that monsta is (I'm right at 600rwhp), but the car runs great and I've seen no anomalies in how the trans shifts regardless of trans temp/throttle position, etc.
Was told the same thing, magic number seems to be 600-650 with stock A6, I'm putting a bit less, but still transmission seems to be working as before the mods, not even a rise in temp at least thru the dic.

Things like a cam, torque converter, etc do help but usually they go accompanied by other supporting mods. TQ will definitely raise the trans temp. But I'll help with 1/4 miles times, that's until you can't hook anymore so now a drag wheel set up, and on and on....
I believe that you and your car will live long and prosper with a great tune, grest gas and great tires while putting down in the neighborhood of 600whp.... good luck and post your results.

Get notified of new replies

To 2010 A6 LS3 FI Trans ?'s

Quick Reply: 2010 A6 LS3 FI Trans ?'s