C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProCharger PS1 converted to D1

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 06:44 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Default ProCharger PS1 converted to D1

Anyone have an experience with returning their PS1 to ProCharger for conversion to a D1 ?

I will be doing this shortly and would like some input as to what I might expec.

Thanks.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:08 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

We have done it it a few times... Its around $1700 if i remember correctly.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:11 PM
boostaholic786
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't pay $1700 for the upgrade but somewhere close to $1300. Its the exact same size as the P1SC but it has larger compressor wheel/impeller blade, which means more boost. I thought I would be happy with just the P1SC-1 but once you get use to it and turn it up, you still want more power! The D1SC-1 gives you that advantage to turn it up without maxing the blower speed out, therefore giving you more reliability, considering your not maxing out the smaller P1SC blower. The D1SC is really all you need for a street car application with the proper fuel setup, you can easily reach 800whp, no problem. I made the mistake of getting the P1SC-1 which is the (quiet blower) but when I upgraded to the D1SC, I made sure I got the regular D1SC not the D1SC-1 which the -1 is the (quiet blower setup) so you can be discrete about having a supercharger on your car. I didn't care and actually want everybody and there mother to be able to hear the way that lovely blower sounds so make sure you order just the D1SC system. Sounds MUCH MUCH better! Also you will get your exact same housing back with different internals, different serial number and the model number will say D1SC instead of P1SC-1. but you will def be a ton more happy with this blower setup because like I said, a D1SC has plenty of room with the right fuel system. Make sure you take that horrible factory ProCharger filter attachment off and order a DP (Dallas Performance) big mouth intake, which is 4" from the blower to the filter which gained about 65rwhp on the dyno compared to the factory ProCharger attachment and filter Let us kno
Old 01-30-2015, 06:06 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by boostaholic786
I didn't pay $1700 for the upgrade but somewhere close to $1300. Its the exact same size as the P1SC but it has larger compressor wheel/impeller blade, which means more boost. I thought I would be happy with just the P1SC-1 but once you get use to it and turn it up, you still want more power! The D1SC-1 gives you that advantage to turn it up without maxing the blower speed out, therefore giving you more reliability, considering your not maxing out the smaller P1SC blower. The D1SC is really all you need for a street car application with the proper fuel setup, you can easily reach 800whp, no problem. I made the mistake of getting the P1SC-1 which is the (quiet blower) but when I upgraded to the D1SC, I made sure I got the regular D1SC not the D1SC-1 which the -1 is the (quiet blower setup) so you can be discrete about having a supercharger on your car. I didn't care and actually want everybody and there mother to be able to hear the way that lovely blower sounds so make sure you order just the D1SC system. Sounds MUCH MUCH better! Also you will get your exact same housing back with different internals, different serial number and the model number will say D1SC instead of P1SC-1. but you will def be a ton more happy with this blower setup because like I said, a D1SC has plenty of room with the right fuel system. Make sure you take that horrible factory ProCharger filter attachment off and order a DP (Dallas Performance) big mouth intake, which is 4" from the blower to the filter which gained about 65rwhp on the dyno compared to the factory ProCharger attachment and filter Let us kno
Does the Dallas Performance Big Mouth require a cut down radiator? I just spend $$$$ on a DeWitts, then discovered I could have ordered one with a short area for a larger SC inlet.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:52 PM
djfury05
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroRod
Does the Dallas Performance Big Mouth require a cut down radiator? I just spend $$$$ on a DeWitts, then discovered I could have ordered one with a short area for a larger SC inlet.
If you don't get the cut down version it will require massaging. I massaged my stock one down quite easily, but I have no experience with the Dewitts. It looks more robust from pics so I imagine it'll be more difficult to clearance it. But it's definitely worth it for the gains and less stress on blower.

Get notified of new replies

To ProCharger PS1 converted to D1

Quick Reply: ProCharger PS1 converted to D1