C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easiest Supercharger for Installation and Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 07:09 PM
Montezumas_Viper
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Easiest Supercharger for Installation and Removal?

Hello folks,

I'm looking at doing FI on my 07'. Right now i'm looking at a Procharger as an option for a relatively simple, non destructive way of running FI that can be removed in the future.

What are your opinions on this kit?

What other options, Vortech etc, would you suggest?
Old 02-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Montezumas_Viper
Hello folks,

I'm looking at doing FI on my 07'. Right now i'm looking at a Procharger as an option for a relatively simple, non destructive way of running FI that can be removed in the future.

What are your opinions on this kit?

What other options, Vortech etc, would you suggest?
Vortech does not build kits for Corvettes. A&A builds all the Vortech based kits now and has for a number of years.
Obviously I feel that the A&A kit is the best one available since I designed it and own the company. I think our intercooler design sells itself. I'd suggest downloading our instructions and taking a good hard look at the intercooler design, plumbing and all the sheet metal work that none of the other kits provide.
We have many low cost and no cost options to tailor the kit to your particular application and expectations.
Your other option is the ECS kit which is Paxton based. While I am obviously biased towards our kit, the ECS kit is also better than what Procharger offers, in my opinion.
Both A&A and ECS are competitively priced as well.

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 02-21-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:44 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Andy@AandASuperchargers
Vortech does not build kits for Corvettes. A&A builds all the Vortech based kits now and has for a number of years.
Obviously I feel that the A&A kit is the best one available since I designed it and own the company. I think our intercooler design sells itself. I'd suggest downloading our instructions and taking a good hard look at the intercooler design, plumbing and all the sheet metal work that non of the other kits provide.
We have many low cost and no cost options to tailor the kit to your particular application and expectations.
Your other option is the ECS kit which is Paxton based. While I am obviously biased towards our kit, the ECS kit is also better than what Procharger offers, in my opinion.
Both A&A and ECS are competitively priced as well.
Great information.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Suprfly
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am in the middle of an A&A T trim kit install on my 09 base coupe. I would rate my mechanical aptitude on a scale of 1-10 as a 4 with oil changers being a 1 and GM certified Mechanics being number 10. The kits comes very well packaged. I really think the instructions could be better and more pictures(also the pictures be of general models and would be nice if they were specific to each install) and possibly even include videos. The thing that is great so far about the install, is that you can contact A&A and they will help you or get back to you(email/phone/text) very shortly. Im probably about 15 hours into the install and about 12-15 more left. that is with NO one helping except my wife occasionally handing me a wrench. obviously a more experienced wrencher will have a lot less time, but im in no rush as it is 3 degrees here right now.

Last edited by Suprfly; 02-22-2015 at 03:20 PM. Reason: cause bad english.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:36 PM
77vette05
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would look at the A+A supercharger kit. Excellent quality, and makes great power. I found the install was very easy, and maintenance is a breeze. I have had no belt issue in 8000 miles of driving. If you decide on any other supercharger kit I would look at East Cost Supercharging. These are the only two kits I would consider. I know it's my opinion, but I spent hours upon hours of research before I went with A+A.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:04 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,336 Likes on 945 Posts

Why do you want one that's easily removed?
Old 02-23-2015, 11:25 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

They are all easily removed.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:22 PM
Ataractic
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm still trying to decide between A&A or ECS... hardest decision of my life!
Old 02-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Enterprisehunter
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Andy, how is the low end torque with your SC? Would a top mount SC have more torque on low end?
Old 02-24-2015, 12:40 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Enterprisehunter
Andy, how is the low end torque with your SC? Would a top mount SC have more torque on low end?
A top mount will always have more low end.
There are advantages and disadvantages to that. I had a Cadillac CTSV with a 427 and a 2.3 liter top mount. I still thought it felt slow. It was all torque and no top end pull.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:10 AM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

Low end torque is over-rated unless all you want to do is roast tires. I have A&A kit and traction is limited. Pulls like a freight train harder and harder as the the revs climb. It's one hell of a ride, you won't be disappointed!!
Old 02-24-2015, 11:26 AM
Enterprisehunter
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JetstreamGS
Low end torque is over-rated unless all you want to do is roast tires. I have A&A kit and traction is limited. Pulls like a freight train harder and harder as the the revs climb. It's one hell of a ride, you won't be disappointed!!

Looking over dyno reports it seems the centri blowers only pick up after 4k rpm. As a DD I hardly ever see 4k+ rpm. especially with my A6 trans.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:30 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Looking over dyno reports it seems the centri blowers only pick up after 4k rpm. As a DD I hardly ever see 4k+ rpm. especially with my A6 trans.
Definitely not the case, centri's pick up power across the entire RPM band, especially with an ECS kit.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:47 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Agreed with Doug, and if you are not going to go over 4k why even spend money on a blower? Just rev it higher and enjoy the power the car makes. No point in spending $5k+ on a blower when car probably makes the power you want now if you actually revved it out.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:04 PM
Suprfly
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree unreal!
Old 02-24-2015, 08:37 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Agreed with Doug, and if you are not going to go over 4k why even spend money on a blower? Just rev it higher and enjoy the power the car makes. No point in spending $5k+ on a blower when car probably makes the power you want now if you actually revved it out.
I agree....i almost talked myself out of buying a blower when my buddy told me to really go out and run the car HARD. I mean stay above 3500rpm-redline hard.....you will be amazed at how fast these cars are stock. Like i said. ....i almost talked myself out of a blower. ....almost!!!
Old 02-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Montezumas_Viper
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have or know where I can find a dyno sheet on either of these chargers with a stock, or bolt on engine? I'm wondering what the power looks like under the curve.

Andy, what do I get for a CEO discount?

Get notified of new replies

To Easiest Supercharger for Installation and Removal?

Old 02-26-2015, 04:21 PM
marathon
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Montezumas_Viper
Anyone have or know where I can find a dyno sheet on either of these chargers with a stock, or bolt on engine? I'm wondering what the power looks like under the curve.

Andy, what do I get for a CEO discount?

Stock LS3 with A&A V3 Si trim, Kooks 1 7/8 and high flow cats.
Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2015, 07:04 PM
SteveDoten@ARH
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

In no particular order,

ECS, A&A, and ProCharger are the Kings of SC's for the C5/6/7.

At the end of the day, they all make some serious jam, I'd make a few phone calls and see which one gives you the 'warm n fuzzies' .

Centri's are the way to go and have proved themselves now since the early 2000's when the big dogs rolled out their kits.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:08 PM
Vetter 1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Definitely not the case, centri's pick up power across the entire RPM band, especially with an ECS kit.
2008 C6 F55 A6 710 HP/650 TQ
9.94 @ 144.43
Stock A6 transmission
Stock converter
Stock rear 2.73
Stock axles
Jet Hot 1 7/8 American Racing Headers
ECS Novi 1500
ECS Methanol Injection
ECS Tune by Doug

Driven from Eastern Long Island to race tracks in Atco, NJ, Cecil County, MD and Numedia in PA and then home.

Link to videos and time slip

Quick Reply: Easiest Supercharger for Installation and Removal?