C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS install question, Evap lines/Z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 07:27 PM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default ECS install question, Evap lines/Z06

I'm about done with the install. The instructions done realty say much about what to do with the eVap and breather lines from the dry sump.

Do I put them all back in the stock locations?
Om the pass side, there is no prevision in the intake tube for the one line. The other line has no place to go if I run a line from the air filter to it as instructed.

Can some one post up a pic or a diagram as to best solution. I'm running stock cam, intake and only mods is the blower.

pass rear

pass front

pass front

drivers rear
Old 03-01-2015, 08:22 PM
adidasUNT8
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Im pretty jealous of you. I am putting on the exact same kit in about a week. About how long has it taken you? Easy instructions to follow?
Old 03-01-2015, 09:10 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by adidasUNT8
Im pretty jealous of you. I am putting on the exact same kit in about a week. About how long has it taken you? Easy instructions to follow?
The instructions are not great. No other way to say it. The latest ones are better, but are still pretty vague in some spots.

You do NOT have to pull the steering rack to pin the crank. Look up the magna charger instructions and they show you how to do it. Basically lower the front cradle as far as you can while leaving the nuts on the bolts.. raise the engine as far as you can, and you'll end up with enough space to pin the crank without pulling the rack. You'll need a right angle drill of some sort to fit in the space you'll have to work with
Old 03-01-2015, 09:15 PM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by adidasUNT8
I started it in December. I pulled the heads and sent them out. I work on it one day a week end when I have time. No rush. Haven't tuched it in 3 weeks. It's ready to fire up.

Last edited by GeneSch; 03-01-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:18 PM
adidasUNT8
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice. Well the good news is my engine was just fully built and the crank is pinned. Also I am going with the 10rib with flip drive. Could get interesting. Lol
Old 03-02-2015, 09:04 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Leave sump stuff stock.
Leave evap stuff stock.

The one line you are asking about, can T it to the air filter line, or run it to intake manifold after a check valve, or vent it.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:56 AM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

I'm not sure why the instructions only mention the air filter to the valve cover and nothing els about the system.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Because they are for a wet sump car that doesn't have any of that. Just needs to be hooked to a vacuum source if you want to keep it more emissions friendly, or you can vent them.

Just call your dealer or ECS if you have any questions. They are very helpful.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:50 PM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

I would like to not smell the oil from venting under the hood as the cabin filter is about 6inches away from the dry sump. Also if I attatch it to the intake I will need another check valve so I don't boost the lines and pressurize the system. I'm sure everyone dose something, just not trying to re invent the wheel. I will call today and ask what's best for a street car.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

My vent and catchcan is right by there, no smells at all.

T it into the line after the check valve, then no extra check valve needed,
Old 03-02-2015, 03:35 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

On a stock C6Z with a supercharger there is no need to go crazy with the PCV system, the only difference with the std C6 vrs the Z06 is that the dry sump is in between. Here is a pic for you which will be added to the instructions. No smell or problems with oil unless you overfill it. Thank you.

Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2015, 05:21 PM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
On a stock C6Z with a supercharger there is no need to go crazy with the PCV system, the only difference with the std C6 vrs the Z06 is that the dry sump is in between. Here is a pic for you which will be added to the instructions. No smell or problems with oil unless you overfill it. Thank you.

Awesome Doug, Thank you very much. I get it now. Every thing go's in the stock location. The one tube with no were to go from the air intake ,go's to the line from the new filter. Basically same location in the system, just has to be moved so it is before the blower.

Do I run the stock caps or add the cap with the breather built in that came with the kit, and put in on top of the dry sump? So the system can vent under boost I take it.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:36 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by GeneSch
Awesome Doug, Thank you very much. I get it now. Every thing go's in the stock location. The one tube with no were to go from the air intake ,go's to the line from the new filter. Basically same location in the system, just has to be moved so it is before the blower.

Do I run the stock caps or add the cap with the breather built in that came with the kit, and put in on top of the dry sump? So the system can vent under boost I take it.
Typically we use the stock cap so it remains sealed, some people order the neck from GM for a wet sump oil fill to raise it and use the breather so we include it.
I do not feel it is necessary until you go higher on the HP/boost.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:08 PM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Thank you again. I should be all set then. I will run it sealed and keep the cap for future expansion.
I will call you in a week or so. I may just bring the car to you for the tune. I'm jest east of Cleveland Ohio. It's about 7 hrs but I can't think of anyone to tune around me that I feel all fuzzy about. I may just see if you can install a meth kit and tune it at the same time.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:16 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Thank you again. I should be all set then. I will run it sealed and keep the cap for future expansion.
I will call you in a week or so. I may just bring the car to you for the tune. I'm jest east of Cleveland Ohio. It's about 7 hrs but I can't think of anyone to tune around me that I feel all fuzzy about. I may just see if you can install a meth kit and tune it at the same time.
Sounds good, we have a loaner car you can use while we are completing the work. Thanks
Old 03-03-2015, 10:25 PM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Set everything as Doug said. Car fired right up and idled up to full temp. And the belt alignment looks to be spot on. Now to wire the boost-a-pump when I get time.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:28 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Set everything as Doug said. Car fired right up and idled up to full temp. And the belt alignment looks to be spot on. Now to wire the boost-a-pump when I get time.
Good deal! Are you adding a racetronix harness too or no?

Get notified of new replies

To ECS install question, Evap lines/Z06

Old 03-04-2015, 04:58 AM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Good deal! Are you adding a racetronix harness too or no?
I'm going to order one today
Old 03-04-2015, 09:30 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

I'm going to order one today
I also used a hobbs switch with a metri-pack style connector if you're into that kind of thing. Racetronix sells them as well. The one ECS includes will work fine, I just prefer to use metri/weatherpack connectors and thought they looked a lot neater. I think I ordered the 4psi one. They are adjustable, so it's not a huge deal which one you order as long as it's in the ballpark

The harness def. made the BAP install easier + had the obvious benefit of bigger wiring going to the fuel pump all the time. And that way you can put the BAP in the rear driver fender well instead of trying to put it under the hood where space is obviously limited

You'll need to add one wire to the racetronix harness (or just zip tie it to it or something). This is for the trigger wire that turns the BAP "on" when you're over a certain amount of boost.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 AM
SPIN20
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
I also used a hobbs switch with a metri-pack style connector if you're into that kind of thing. Racetronix sells them as well. The one ECS includes will work fine, I just prefer to use metri/weatherpack connectors and thought they looked a lot neater. I think I ordered the 4psi one. They are adjustable, so it's not a huge deal which one you order as long as it's in the ballpark

The harness def. made the BAP install easier + had the obvious benefit of bigger wiring going to the fuel pump all the time. And that way you can put the BAP in the rear driver fender well instead of trying to put it under the hood where space is obviously limited

You'll need to add one wire to the racetronix harness (or just zip tie it to it or something). This is for the trigger wire that turns the BAP "on" when you're over a certain amount of boost.
The brown wire on the ECS bap just goes directly into the hobbs switch and does not connect into the racetronics harness. While the red and orange wire get tied into the racetronics harness correct?

Quick Reply: ECS install question, Evap lines/Z06