C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D3PE C6 Corvette ProEFI Package Special!

Old 03-06-2015, 10:24 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by D3PE
We simply set the pulley up for the max boost we wanted to run and then added a wastegate on the boost pipe with a 9psi spring with a boost control solenoid. Works just like a turbo car..
That's pretty nice. Any issues with it?
Old 03-06-2015, 10:38 AM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Nope, just reset the LSX F1X record with it, was nice to be able to sowly raise the boost as needed while tuning.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:06 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by D3PE
Nope, just reset the LSX F1X record with it, was nice to be able to sowly raise the boost as needed while tuning.
I had always wondered if that would work. I found an article or two where people say they've done it, then 100 others saying it won't work, blah blah blah. So, looks like it will.

Adjustable boost is one of the big pros the turbocharger systems have IMO.. being able to do the same with a SC is very cool.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:13 AM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Unreal
Yah, seen that done, and could do that. That is on the list of things to maybe try. I thought about running an LPE speed switch and just having that switch boost from ~13-14psi to 24psi when it hits 3rd gear.

Can you really pull enough timing to lower power enough to hook? My car only sees 12-13 degrees peak, so I would be a bit concerned pulling 10+ degrees just for EGT reasons.
I need to add a little to that, to control traction it does the follwoing:

- Retards ignition timing
- Cuts throttle opening on DBW vehicles
- Cuts cylinders if needed
- Cuts boost or nitrous via the fault manager if severe

These options are all configurable by the tuner

Heres one of our customer cars, 8 second MK3 Supra testing traction control in the parking lot after it rained.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:40 AM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Some orders already shipping out, dont miss out on this deal!
Old 03-12-2015, 04:37 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

It was great working with you guys over the past two and a half days! Car had made great power and I don't think I would have got to this point with out Pro EFI for sure. Its SOOOO hard to explain to some one who just spent 5, 10,15 or even 25 thousand on there motors/cars etc... just how much better it makes the car run at every level. When I was running the stock PCM and making 1000+RWHP I thought it was fast and drove pretty well. But on the stock PCM your limited on the MAP sensor so when making lots of boost the resolution is just not there. The cars throttle response is instant and the spool up is WAY better because with the tuning spot on. When making big boost you have to lie and cut tables in half to get any kind of resolution its just not even in the same league. Just wanted to post a little more information from another aspect. Only reason I'm posting this is because I have seen very little action in this thread and I can't believe it really. I'm not going to say its the cheapest mod Ive ever done, but I will say its payed off big time in results, and I just wanted anyone who reads any of this thread to have a better idea of how much you REALLY get when using a system like Pro EFI. PPL don't think twice about getting the best of the best on parts, this is no different, only it make all the performance parts you've bought up to this point that much more effective. Oh so BTW I made 1237 rwhp and 1189 rwtq on boost only and 1400 on No2 would have made more but the #6 intake rocker arm pulled the threads out on the pull. LMK if you have any specific question from a person running it.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:37 AM
FN FAST
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by inspector12
It was great working with you guys over the past two and a half days! Car had made great power and I don't think I would have got to this point with out Pro EFI for sure. Its SOOOO hard to explain to some one who just spent 5, 10,15 or even 25 thousand on there motors/cars etc... just how much better it makes the car run at every level. When I was running the stock PCM and making 1000+RWHP I thought it was fast and drove pretty well. But on the stock PCM your limited on the MAP sensor so when making lots of boost the resolution is just not there. The cars throttle response is instant and the spool up is WAY better because with the tuning spot on. When making big boost you have to lie and cut tables in half to get any kind of resolution its just not even in the same league. Just wanted to post a little more information from another aspect. Only reason I'm posting this is because I have seen very little action in this thread and I can't believe it really. I'm not going to say its the cheapest mod Ive ever done, but I will say its payed off big time in results, and I just wanted anyone who reads any of this thread to have a better idea of how much you REALLY get when using a system like Pro EFI. PPL don't think twice about getting the best of the best on parts, this is no different, only it make all the performance parts you've bought up to this point that much more effective. Oh so BTW I made 1237 rwhp and 1189 rwtq on boost only and 1400 on No2 would have made more but the #6 intake rocker arm pulled the threads out on the pull. LMK if you have any specific question from a person running it.
Maybe its time for the shaft mounts that are sitting on the shelf to make their way onto the car... But I will also back up everything Jeff said. Its pretty ridiculous how much more responsive the car is now. Same turbos, same injectors, just a different ECU running it. And lets not forget to mention the traction control system actually lets you use all the power you're making now... I will definitely be hitting D3PE up for a ProEFI setup when we get going on my build. Great product, and good people.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:15 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Originally Posted by FN FAST
Maybe its time for the shaft mounts that are sitting on the shelf to make their way onto the car... But I will also back up everything Jeff said. Its pretty ridiculous how much more responsive the car is now. Same turbos, same injectors, just a different ECU running it. And lets not forget to mention the traction control system actually lets you use all the power you're making now... I will definitely be hitting D3PE up for a ProEFI setup when we get going on my build. Great product, and good people.
yeah they might end up on there lol!
Old 03-18-2015, 10:42 AM
Tripleblk6spd
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
I'll be sold when Sinsister puts up good results.

Two of my local friends have them or had them, and like them. My buddy hear worked for Proefi for a long time (Adam M) so I got a few connections and hook ups, I just haven't seen the results of the traction control on a vette. Maybe I just need to go meet up with Jason@Proefi and hitch a ride in his vette to see the difference.

For traction control on a blower car, how is it working? Cutting fuel? Timing? Throttle body? With meth I wouldn't think cutting fuel would work, not sure cutting timing would be enough to hook, and no "boost" control with the blower, so how would TC work on a blower car with meth?
Stop by...you won't believe how well it works. My base boost setting, the car makes 830whp... I'll go against ANY vette on the same tire at any power level! You won't be disappointed.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:46 AM
Tripleblk6spd
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

VERY well said! It's nearly impossible to explain it, you really need to experience it.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:12 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

I'm gonna grab one of these. Can't do it now but I will in the future.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:57 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It is a great package and proEFI is excellent from what I read. The issue for me with this EMS is:
1) The software interface + logging capabailities
2) No local tuner here to tune it
3) It seems little difficult to dial it in and play with the tune indepedently (without the tuner) which somthing I like to do with stock ECU or Holley, etc.

I'm making 1230 rwhp via stock e38, wondering how I'm leaving on the table ?!
Old 03-26-2015, 12:02 PM
inspector12
Drifting

I can't say you leaving anything on the table as far a peak power, but your limited resolution limits you to @22lbs so anything over that you have to just add fuel to that last few tables so the car will go rich when it really is at 22LBS until you reach the boost level you are aiming for or power goal etc... So most big power cars will drive right through that fuel and never really notice it for the most part until you have a way to make the fueling steady all the way through the pull etc... The pulls are smoother faster and more responsive when you can tune the whole boost curve etc... Not to mention the additional safety things that it can be set up to protect the car incase of a parts fail or fueling mishap such as an injector sticking or fuel pump failer on a multiple fuel pump setup etc...
Old 04-03-2015, 02:10 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

D3PE, dose the PROefi cut the ignition when traction control is activated or dose it actively retard the timing (like the OEMs)?
Old 04-03-2015, 10:59 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Originally Posted by chuntington101
D3PE, dose the PROefi cut the ignition when traction control is activated or dose it actively retard the timing (like the OEMs)?
I'm not D3PE but here is what I know. Depends on the car, it starts with timing and if it still can't meet the set point it will cut boost or throttle depending on how its set up. Blower cars that have been set up with a waist gate is going to cut boost, but if not so equipped it can use the throttle although its not as fast nor as effective as a boost cut will be for sure. Chris and the guys at D3 are pretty smart guys and has some pretty good ideas about different ways to do things.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:30 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

I'm not D3PE but here is what I know. Depends on the car, it starts with timing and if it still can't meet the set point it will cut boost or throttle depending on how its set up. Blower cars that have been set up with a waist gate is going to cut boost, but if not so equipped it can use the throttle although its not as fast nor as effective as a boost cut will be for sure. Chris and the guys at D3 are pretty smart guys and has some pretty good ideas about different ways to do things.
This is correct!

We have 3 Corvettes currently getting systems installed in house, as well as a LSX 69 Camaro and 2 CTSVs, this is a proven fully working system with results. No matter if you want to send the car to have it installed or have someone else that can handle it, we can provide a system tailored to your exact setup.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:26 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

TTT for an awesome system!

Get notified of new replies

To D3PE C6 Corvette ProEFI Package Special!

Old 05-27-2015, 11:38 AM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

ProEFI has just announced a Price Increase coming in the month of June! Get your system now to lock in this pricing!!
Old 05-28-2015, 02:44 PM
ace32x
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

looking forward to getting this install done on mine soon, just bought the package from the guys down there and am taking it down for install! full package with logger flex fuel etc. 376 lsx with some mast heads 10:1 big cam 8k rpm max effort ls9 blower done down at CPR and now two moderate kits with the new set up from the guys at D3PE ;D cant wait
Old 05-28-2015, 05:03 PM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ace32x
looking forward to getting this install done on mine soon, just bought the package from the guys down there and am taking it down for install! full package with logger flex fuel etc. 376 lsx with some mast heads 10:1 big cam 8k rpm max effort ls9 blower done down at CPR and now two moderate kits with the new set up from the guys at D3PE ;D cant wait
When you making the trip?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: D3PE C6 Corvette ProEFI Package Special!