C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D3PE C6 Corvette ProEFI Package Special!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 11:03 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default D3PE C6 Corvette ProEFI Package Special!

D3 Performance Engineering C6 Corvette ProEFI Package Special

ProEFI is hands down one of the most powerful ECUs on the market, with a large emphasis on engine protection and durability. We at D3 Performance Engineering are one of the leading master dealers for ProEFI, as well as aiding in product development, testing, and training, we have now put together a full plug and play system and sensor package for the 2005-2013 C6 Corvette. This package allows much more control and safety to be used on high performance builds with such things as safety faults, advanced boost control, traction control, nitrous control, fuel pump staging, etc, and all this while keeping all the OEM functionality thanks to its seamless integration into the OEM CAN bus system.

What can the ProEFI do and what are its features?

*Injectors and Coils? – The ProEFI internally has 16 coil drivers and can run 8 injectors sequential and another 8 with those semi-sequential.

*Inputs? - There are 32 analog inputs which will be preconfigured for anything you want to do... I.E. plug in a fuel pressure sensor and it automatically activates the trims associated with it. Put a Nitrous pressure sensor on your car and the computer trims fuel accordingly to bottle pressure. Everything can be logged.

*10 Low side driver outputs - You can configure these to do whatever you can imagine. Also these will all support 4+ amps each!!

*Built in widebands!! – No middle man wideband controller, the sensors wire directly into the ecu.

*True volumetric efficiency - So things like injector and pressure changes don’t have to be calculated and multiple maps changed, it’s all done in the background by simply entering your injector size and base fuel pressure. Actually knowing the injector size and fuel pressure, this allows us to make instantaneous feedback changes to things like fuel pressure not staying constant, without relying on the O2 sensor for delayed information. Changing fuel type is as simple as entering the stoichiometric ratio for the fuel used.

*Fault coding – Check engine light will tell you fault codes to help diagnose problems. Actions can be assigned with the fault codes. I.E. low oil pressure triggers a fault code, and activates a low rpm limiter or shuts off the engine. O2 sensor faults will automatically turn off block learning and closed loop feedback. Also the fault codes will be the same as the original ECU!!!

*Traction control – multiple comprehensive traction control strategies including defined wheel speed differential between driven and non-driven wheels.

*True knock sensing capability with specific knock frequency detection based upon the specific engine being monitored.

*Multiple failsafe conditions making it nearly impossible to damage your engine in the case of tuning errors or mechanical malfunctions. I.E. lean, and knock conditions can be used to turn off nitrous, shut down boost etc….

*O.E.M. manufactured ECU’s – The ECU’s are built by an O.E. manufacturer, so all ecu are 100% tested for vibration, temperature, loading etc… BEFORE you install them into your vehicle. Pro EFI ECU’s are as reliable as the factory units you take out. No more being stranded on the side of the road, or waiting weeks or months to get an issue repaired with the confidence of rolling the dice.

*Nitrous control:

Up to 4 stages!!

Control by speed, time, gear etc.....

Just enter the number of jets, jet size and target a/f and it does the rest!!

Add a nitrous bottle pressure sensor and it adjusts accordingly to pressure!!

Unlike other ECU's, you can target different a/fs for Nitrous with this unit in closed loop, or open loop, since the computer is based solely on V.E. it doesn't rely on the O2 sensor for hitting the desired a/f ratio. It does this based upon volumetric efficiency and desired equivalency ratio. Therefore there is less work for the O2 to do in closed loop, eliminating the chance for lean spikes typical of running nitrous!!!!

*Fuel pressure compensation:

With the simple addition of a fuel pressure sensor, the computer will monitor and compensate for various fuel pressure. Let’s say that you have a pump that is tired and your fuel pressure is not rising 1-1 anymore. The computer will know and add necessary fuel. Also if the pressure really gets unstable causing the computer to add too much pulse width, it will trigger a check engine light. It can also be set to initiate fuel cut, turn off the boost control, shut off NOS and lower the rev limiter. These safe guards can be triggered by the fuel pressure alone, by O2 activity or a number of other things!!

*Boost Control Strategies for Turbo cars or Supercharged setups with a wastegate for boost bleeding:

Will be able to utilize dual solenoids to control pressure to both the top and bottom ports on any wastegate. This will give you VERY accurate control!!

Will be able to control boost by speed.

Will be able to control boost by time. Therefore if you spin the tires, and the vehicle speed sensor puts the boost map into a zone for higher boost.... the computer will know that it is wrong and hold the boost down until a certain amount of time.

Will control boost based on traction control. Traction control will be based on wheel speed differential!!

This computer will also know what gear you are in by simply entering gear ratios from the service manual, rear end ratio and tire size!!

*Lean condition safety features:

In the case of a lean condition under certain circumstances (IE load, time etc) the computer can be programmed to shut down nitrous, lower boost, initiate fuel cut, initiate a rev limiter for a programmed duration of time until safe conditions return. This can also then be programmed to throw a code and activate the check engine light.

Being that the ProEFI is an OEM ecu, what are its environmental ratings?

- The ecu is designed to meet automotive industry standard under hood environmental requirements for 12volt and 24 volt systems, and also meets marine industry environmental requirements.
- Validation tests included extreme operating tempatures (-40C to +105C), thermal shock, humidity, salt spray, salt fog, immersion, fluid resistance, mechanical shock, vibration, and EMC.
- Storage temperature : -40 degrees F to 257 degrees F (-40 to +125 C)
- Operating temperature: -40 degrees F to 221 degrees F (-40 TO +105 C)
- Thermal Shock: -40 to +125 C transistion within 10s for 500 cycles
- Fluid resistance: Two and four stroke motor oil, unleaded gasoline, and ASTM reference “C” fuel
- Humidity resistance: 85% humidity at 85 C for 1000 hours of operation
- Salt fog resistance: 1000 hours
- Immersion: Submersible in 8% salt water solution to 10’
- Mechanical shock: 50 hours of 50 g’s
- Drop: Random drop tests on concrete from 6’
- Vibration: Engine mountable and tested to high performance levels

The D3 Performance Engineering C6 Corvette ProEFI Package Special includes:
- Production Pro128 ECU
- C6 Corvette plug and play harness
- 5 Bar map sensor kit
- Intake air temp kit
- Fuel pressure sensor kit
- Oil pressure sensor kit
- 2x LSU 4.2 wideband sensor kits

Retail - $4,546.48 CorvetteForum Pricing - $4,090.77

For questions or to place an order call 832-230-1094 or email Sales@D3PerformanceEngineering.com today!

Last edited by D3PE; 06-08-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:58 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Bump for a great product and shop! I love my Pro EFI!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:48 AM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by inspector12
Bump for a great product and shop! I love my Pro EFI!
Thanks!
Old 03-04-2015, 10:26 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Only thing keeping me from stepping up to a standalone is support. I had an AEM in my old talon, and it ran great, but my friend worked at AEM at the time and helped me with it. Even with Proefi being local I haven't seen any good local tuners for them, so that scares me away from them. If I was by you guys, I would do this no questions asked.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:00 AM
ZO6er
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Only thing keeping me from stepping up to a standalone is support. I had an AEM in my old talon, and it ran great, but my friend worked at AEM at the time and helped me with it. Even with Proefi being local I haven't seen any good local tuners for them, so that scares me away from them. If I was by you guys, I would do this no questions asked.
Chris can be stretched to AZ.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:05 AM
Tripleblk6spd
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

If you don't want to bring a tuner out, call ProEFI, they will tune the car for you, call them!

Last edited by Tripleblk6spd; 03-04-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:16 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Do you have a harness for the '05 E40 computers as well? I know that's always the bastard child that no one wants to support
Old 03-04-2015, 02:39 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Do you have a harness for the '05 E40 computers as well? I know that's always the bastard child that no one wants to support
Unfortunately we cannot source the connectors, on the C5s we use a short lead harness and wire it into the factory harness and/or make a completely new engine harness. If you interested in that email me I can quote for that system.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:46 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by D3PE
Unfortunately we cannot source the connectors, on the C5s we use a short lead harness and wire it into the factory harness and/or make a completely new engine harness. If you interested in that email me I can quote for that system.
Nah, I'm not anywhere near that point.. I was just curious because I knew no one else supported it since it was a one year wonder (and presumably they can't find the connectors either..)
Old 03-05-2015, 04:10 PM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

I see that it is plug and play but what is the approximate amount of time to remove my factory parts and install this?
Does it come preloaded enough to drive to a tuner?
Old 03-05-2015, 04:43 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by c5wolf
I see that it is plug and play but what is the approximate amount of time to remove my factory parts and install this?
Does it come preloaded enough to drive to a tuner?
To install requires removing the fender and plugging in the new harness/ecu. Aside from that you must wire in the external sensors so it depends on how many sensors you have. As for mapping, we can provide base maps for our customers to start the car up and check everything but I advise to tow the vehicle to the tuner, not drive it.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:56 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Great deal,
Is this now replacing fully the factory ECU or still you need the factory ecu to be connected?

Also any plan from proEFI to enhance the GUI of their software?
Old 03-05-2015, 05:16 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WHITE_SHARK
Great deal,
Is this now replacing fully the factory ECU or still you need the factory ecu to be connected?

Also any plan from proEFI to enhance the GUI of their software?
This kit works in parrelel with the factory PCM, we are currently testing full ecu removal on our F1X car, but its still some work in progress.

As for the interface it gets updated all the time, but there were major changes from the V2 to V3 update.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:55 PM
SteveDoten@ARH
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I've heard a lot of good things about ProEFI.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:40 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Traction control in action:

With it off:

With it on:

Color CAN display logger add on:

Valet mode:
Old 03-06-2015, 02:34 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 376 Likes on 190 Posts

Ill put that traction control system to the test!
Old 03-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

I'll be sold when Sinsister puts up good results.

Two of my local friends have them or had them, and like them. My buddy hear worked for Proefi for a long time (Adam M) so I got a few connections and hook ups, I just haven't seen the results of the traction control on a vette. Maybe I just need to go meet up with Jason@Proefi and hitch a ride in his vette to see the difference.

For traction control on a blower car, how is it working? Cutting fuel? Timing? Throttle body? With meth I wouldn't think cutting fuel would work, not sure cutting timing would be enough to hook, and no "boost" control with the blower, so how would TC work on a blower car with meth?

Get notified of new replies

To D3PE C6 Corvette ProEFI Package Special!

Old 03-06-2015, 09:11 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

I would have thought it worked via timing but I don't have a dog in that fight

Will be interesting to see how it works for Sinister though for sure
Old 03-06-2015, 09:17 AM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

I'll be sold when Sinsister puts up good results.

Two of my local friends have them or had them, and like them. My buddy hear worked for Proefi for a long time (Adam M) so I got a few connections and hook ups, I just haven't seen the results of the traction control on a vette. Maybe I just need to go meet up with Jason@Proefi and hitch a ride in his vette to see the difference.

For traction control on a blower car, how is it working? Cutting fuel? Timing? Throttle body? With meth I wouldn't think cutting fuel would work, not sure cutting timing would be enough to hook, and no "boost" control with the blower, so how would TC work on a blower car with meth?
It pulls timing to maintain traction, as for boost control with a blower, you can add that with the ProEFI, our C6 aka The Pumpking has it. We simply set the pulley up for the max boost we wanted to run and then added a wastegate on the boost pipe with a 9psi spring with a boost control solenoid. Works just like a turbo car..
Old 03-06-2015, 09:56 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Yah, seen that done, and could do that. That is on the list of things to maybe try. I thought about running an LPE speed switch and just having that switch boost from ~13-14psi to 24psi when it hits 3rd gear.

Can you really pull enough timing to lower power enough to hook? My car only sees 12-13 degrees peak, so I would be a bit concerned pulling 10+ degrees just for EGT reasons.

Quick Reply: D3PE C6 Corvette ProEFI Package Special!