C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mighty Mouse catch can install and review

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 05:12 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by breecher_7
I still think that just venting both valve covers to atmosphere with a -8 or -10 line to a catch can is the best way to do this. Ive tried a few different catch can setups over the years and that just seems to work best. Yeah it can get stinky, but who cares. What matters is how the car runs. Less complicated..
Yea, I think I fall into the complicated category since my first setup didn't vent enough...

1 Saikou Michi dual can and 1 moroso can.

The Saikou Michi 1st can runs a line to the intake manifold port (with check valve) and another to the valley plate... so kind of a traditional vacuum catch can layout. The 2nd can has a filter vent and combines 1 line off each valve cover to the can.

The moroso is a -10AN off the passenger valve cover oil fill port to a vented can.

Between all of that I figure I'm good
Old 03-09-2015, 07:33 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by breecher_7
I still think that just venting both valve covers to atmosphere with a -8 or -10 line to a catch can is the best way to do this. Ive tried a few different catch can setups over the years and that just seems to work best. Yeah it can get stinky, but who cares. What matters is how the car runs. Less complicated..
I don't like the smell or oil fumes but I think it comes down to the same thing. The only difference being the MM can has a valve on the breather, so it only vents through it when really needed. Don't get fumes otherwise.
I have -10 off each cover. One to a PVC can which goes to the intake. The other can has no pcv and goes to the air filter. I saw on the dyno that the breathers opened up at higher rpm and boost, but otherwise were closed. The crankcase pressure was neutral so all should be good.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:13 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

that's an awesome setup and nice idea on mounting. I will probably end up stealing that....haha. I have two 10AN bungs on my valve covers so probably just run them to MM catch can in the same spot.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:53 PM
Kadorja
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice install location. Never would of thought of that location. I managed to squeeze a E2 can and MM can between the battery and hard AC lines I believe. It's actually an incredibly tight fit and the lines are perfectlyrics setup. Have a nice routing from each valve cover and valley cover to the procharger intake. Just waiting to see how she performs on the dyno in a few days.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Ultrasport05
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kadorja
Nice install location. Never would of thought of that location. I managed to squeeze a E2 can and MM can between the battery and hard AC lines I believe. It's actually an incredibly tight fit and the lines are perfectlyrics setup. Have a nice routing from each valve cover and valley cover to the procharger intake. Just waiting to see how she performs on the dyno in a few days.
I really didn't want to hide the can behind the battery so Id still have easy access to it but having that drain extension helps so I don't have to take the battery out to empty the can. Now it's a set it and forget it thing.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:37 PM
WHY TRY?
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the MM catch can for boosted only setups? Seems like that's what I'm looking at. Would Elite be better for the N/A guys?
Old 04-03-2015, 01:12 AM
Ultrasport05
Racer

Originally Posted by WHY TRY?
Is the MM catch can for boosted only setups? Seems like that's what I'm looking at. Would Elite be better for the N/A guys?
I don't see why the PCV can wouldn't work for an NA setup. thats what I'd run if I had an NA Z

Last edited by Ultrasport05; 04-03-2015 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:28 AM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Mighty Mouse catch can for Z06

Just ordered my setup for the Z last Friday, I'll post up some pics when I get it and then do a little write up with pics.
👍
Old 04-03-2015, 09:59 AM
adidasUNT8
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice set-up! I have a MM can that I am about to install as well. Where did you get your hoses and fittings?
Old 04-04-2015, 01:19 AM
Ultrasport05
Racer

Originally Posted by adidasUNT8
Nice set-up! I have a MM can that I am about to install as well. Where did you get your hoses and fittings?
I got mine from summit. I just used their house brand fittings and braided line. You can also get fittings from Mighty Mouse. I've been meaning to switch to a dual swivel -AN fitting for the oil cap adapter. Makes it easier to unscrew the cap.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Not at all. Much better can for NA than elite.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Ultrasport05
Racer

Originally Posted by Unreal
Not at all. Much better can for NA than elite.
Agreed. I originally had an Elite can with my stock motor ECS set up and it pissed oil everywhere out of the oil breather cap. I would have gone straight to the MM can but i didn't know it existed. If one was compelled to have an elite can I would limit it to a stockish setup(exhaust, tune, cai).

In my mind there is the MM can and nothing else. Much like the MGW shifter.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:40 PM
djfury05
Pro

After a WOT pull today I noticed some oil fumes smell in the cabin.. windows up no air on. At least I know the MM can is working Smell only lasted for a second or two not bad at all.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:43 PM
WHY TRY?
Racer

Originally Posted by djfury05
After a WOT pull today I noticed some oil fumes smell in the cabin.. windows up no air on. At least I know the MM can is working Smell only lasted for a second or two not bad at all.
Whats mods do you have on your Z and what model MM Catch Can. Trying to see would this be good for a N/A + Nitrous car
Old 04-04-2015, 06:47 PM
djfury05
Pro

Whats mods do you have on your Z and what model MM Catch Can. Trying to see would this be good for a N/A + Nitrous car
ProCharger, heads, cam, meth, exhaust.. PCV style can.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:56 PM
Ultrasport05
Racer

So I had the fender off today to relocate the ecm to the Z06 location since I never liked where it sat from the factory. I didn't like it sitting down so low with all of the water and such so I got the ecm tray from the Z06 and luckily it mounted right up. The fender actually fit too with the connectors sitting there. It was a little tight but it worked.

I removed the factory ecm holder and ended up with a bunch of room and I got an idea. Having the remote drain line has been great and makes it much easier to empty the can without having to remove the battery. It was still slightly annoying to have to undo the rear fender liner and fish the line out to empty the can. I shortened the line and drilled a hole in the inner liner. Now the can can be emptied without having to undo the fender/liner. I used some sealant to seal the hole where the fitting goes through. Turned out well I think.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Ultrasport05; 07-18-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:59 PM
Ultrasport05
Racer

Another pic
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Mighty Mouse catch can install and review

Old 07-19-2016, 11:25 PM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Received 221 Likes on 153 Posts

man that hose looks like you have been catching some real nasty stuff! very good to see this working well for you still.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:57 PM
Ultrasport05
Racer

Originally Posted by David@MMS
man that hose looks like you have been catching some real nasty stuff! very good to see this working well for you still.
It is still working quite well. I have come to realize the the stuff that comes out of the drain is some of the most disgusting smelling and looking stuff I have ever seen. Glad it's not going into the engine

Thanks again David
Old 07-20-2016, 08:47 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Worst smelling stuff ever

Quick Reply: Mighty Mouse catch can install and review