C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Fuel Pump Not Making The Cut at 750 RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 07:27 PM
7SECONDS
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default OEM Fuel Pump Not Making The Cut at 750 RWHP

I went to FSP for them to tweak my tune since their recommended removal of the Cats. Cats are off and when put on the Dyno they found that my in tank fuel pump is failing (at 6,600 miles). They are getting the in tank fuel pump replaced but I have a dilemma. At 750 RWHP my fuel system is starting to get maxed out with the OEM Pump and Boost a Pump (I have Dual Nozzle Meth Injection). I think it would take some of that burden off the OEM in tank pump by adding the ECS Stage 1 fuel system. I think this will make it more reliable in the future. Does anyone have any Words of Wisdom or am I over doing it?
Old 03-10-2015, 07:45 PM
BLWN427
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 7SECONDS
I went to FSP for them to tweak my tune since their recommended removal of the Cats. Cats are off and when put on the Dyno they found that my in tank fuel pump is failing (at 6,600 miles). They are getting the in tank fuel pump replaced but I have a dilemma. At 750 RWHP my fuel system is starting to get maxed out with the OEM Pump and Boost a Pump (I have Dual Nozzle Meth Injection). I think it would take some of that burden off the OEM in tank pump by adding the ECS Stage 1 fuel system. I think this will make it more reliable in the future. Does anyone have any Words of Wisdom or am I over doing it?
If I were paying labor to drop the tanks I personally would over kill my fuel system while its being done. That in mind I would go with a fore innovations setup. They are hands down the best fuel system for the C6 in my opinion. I had to learn that lesson the hard way by having nothing but issues out of my eliminator in tank setup. Since I have switched to a Fore triple intank setup I have had Zero issues.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:08 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

I have ECS stage 2 with c6 z06 in tank pump and dual nozzle meth and should be good to 1k whp which is enough for me near term. I think if you want >1k whp then fore triple pump is the only way I'd go. For less than 1k whp though either the ECS or A&A external pumps are proven reliable and much cheaper
Old 03-10-2015, 08:24 PM
7SECONDS
Pro

Originally Posted by BLWN427
If I were paying labor to drop the tanks I personally would over kill my fuel system while its being done. That in mind I would go with a fore innovations setup. They are hands down the best fuel system for the C6 in my opinion. I had to learn that lesson the hard way by having nothing but issues out of my eliminator in tank setup. Since I have switched to a Fore triple intank setup I have had Zero issues.
Fore looks like a quality product but there seems to be lots of options when ordering. Please break down what exactly you are using and options.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:24 PM
427ZM
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fore Innovations FTW. FSP deals directly with Fore and it is ideal for your power level all the way up to 1500 when triple pumps are included.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:32 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

the FORE triple pump setup is without a doubt the best on out there right now imo, and the FORE guys provide amazing support and service as well, only downside is their pump setup is $2,500+ where as the ECS setup is closer to $1k so I think it really boils down to what your longer term goals are and budget. If you're "ballin out of control" just go FORE triple pump and never worry about it again. If "only" 1k whp is enough for you then ECS stage 2 is likely fine. The FORE controller and regulators are all a cut or two above everyone else also so it's not just their pumps but the whole setup that makes it magic imo

if it were me though I'd just pony up for the FORE triple pump setup with big pumps and be done with it. it's not that hard to make 1k+ whp on these cars these days and you never want to penny pinch on the fuel setup. plus if you ever want to go E85 then you just have to redo it again unless you go big the first time.

Last edited by neverstop; 03-10-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:12 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

At 780 RWHP I was running a Z06 pump with BAP and added the ECS stage 1 system. It is simple and works great. If you plan to go 850 plus, then go with a bigger system now and save money not doing it again. If you are staying where you are, you don't need more.
Best advice would be discuss it with Matt. I heard he knows a bit about these cars.
Just be honest with yourself about your future goal, or you end up doing everything over again.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:37 AM
7SECONDS
Pro

Originally Posted by realcanuk
At 780 RWHP I was running a Z06 pump with BAP and added the ECS stage 1 system. It is simple and works great. If you plan to go 850 plus, then go with a bigger system now and save money not doing it again. If you are staying where you are, you don't need more.
Best advice would be discuss it with Matt. I heard he knows a bit about these cars.
Just be honest with yourself about your future goal, or you end up doing everything over again.
Yes, Matt is very knowledgable and is working hard to help me in every way he can. He is trying to help me with the most cost effective way which is his strong suite. I don't like pushing stuff to its limits so I sometimes like to carry the bazooka to the water balloon fight. We will get it with Matt's help. Thanks for the input and I will let everyone know the outcome as soon as the plan comes together.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:48 PM
Kadorja
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I ordered their triple pump hanger with two AEM pumps, -8 feed, -6 return and no controller setup and it wasnt that expensive. I ran a -8 up to a Y that split into two -6 lines to go to each rail. Both go back to the regular and combine into the single -6 line back.

Easy setup and it wasn't any more than $1500 with lines and fittings. Just had to wire it up to a relay that activated with the stock system and a hobb switch that powers the 2nd pump at 3 psi of boost.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Fore looks like a quality product but there seems to be lots of options when ordering. Please break down what exactly you are using and options.
What was wrong with your stock pump? Was it just dropping pressure at high rpm, or did it fail? All C6 replacement pumps from GM are Z06 pumps, so the new one should provide more fuel than the original. That might be all you really need.

Personally, I like to keep things as simple as possible. Especially with fuel systems. The Fore looks like a nice system if you don't mind having a completely aftermarket fuel system (lines, fittings, regulator, etc.) on the car. Over the years I've been on this forum, it seems that a good number of guys that go this direction end up having to drop their fuel tanks multiple times to make things work right or have strange issues they have to live with.

I like the ECS and A&A fuel systems because they keep everything stock inside the tank. The downside is that you need to drill a hole/s in the left tank. But for a car making what you are, I think I'd go that route before doing a full blown fuel system.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 75 Posts

Personally I would do a walbro 450 e85, plug the factory regulators, and do a true return style. Add an inline 044 and Y it into the feed with a one way check valve and a hobbs switch.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:41 AM
croatbob
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

drop a fore system in and forget about it. matt does the best deals on fore aswell. your in the right hands.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:08 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

Very interesting comments here. I just had the A&A system installed last fall. My car has been in storage over the winter so I have not really gotten a chance to drive it since I got in installed. I'm at 643rwhp and had some issues with my BAP and it blew out my stock fuel pump. I hope this fixes the problem because it is a pain in the *** having my 2013 Z06 towed..
Old 03-15-2015, 08:22 AM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

What did Matt tell you to do?
Old 03-16-2015, 10:46 AM
7SECONDS
Pro

Update:
After consulting with Matt and researching some on my own FSP is installing the following.

Injector Dynamics ID-850 Injectors

Fore Innovations Level 1 Return System with TI 265 Primary Pump and 2 AEM 1200 Secondary Pumps.

8 AN Supply and Return Lines

Reusable Stainless Filter

F21 Regulator

0-100 Pressure Gauge

FC3 Controller

Re Tune

With that being said we are planning to have enough Fuel to Launch a NASA Rocket. At least that is the Plan. If I decide to do anything in the future as far as "LS Stroker" this should be sufficient. I do not want any part of the Boost A Pump anymore. The car should be done sometime next week.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:12 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Update:
After consulting with Matt and researching some on my own FSP is installing the following.

Injector Dynamics ID-850 Injectors

Fore Innovations Level 1 Return System with TI 265 Primary Pump and 2 AEM 1200 Secondary Pumps.

8 AN Supply and Return Lines

Reusable Stainless Filter

F21 Regulator

0-100 Pressure Gauge

FC3 Controller

Re Tune

With that being said we are planning to have enough Fuel to Launch a NASA Rocket. At least that is the Plan. If I decide to do anything in the future as far as "LS Stroker" this should be sufficient. I do not want any part of the Boost A Pump anymore. The car should be done sometime next week.
Now that should be PLENTY of fuel for sure.. I hope you'll post some pictures. I'm a sucker for nice fuel systems and that Fore setup is very nice
Old 03-28-2015, 09:05 PM
7SECONDS
Pro

FSP has started the Fore triple pump fuel system install. They first had to drop the tank and run the new 8 AN supply and return lines.

Get notified of new replies

To OEM Fuel Pump Not Making The Cut at 750 RWHP

Old 03-28-2015, 09:20 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Wow, I wasn't expecting them to drop the rear cradle/torque tube to run the fuel lines. Some people run them through the rocker panels instead
Old 03-28-2015, 09:36 PM
7SECONDS
Pro

They dropped it to pull the tanks just like the dealer does it. They do run the lines through the driver side rocker panel.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:41 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

They dropped it to pull the tanks just like the dealer does it. They do run the lines through the driver side rocker panel.
Gotcha. The tanks can be pulled without removing the drivetrain, but it's a royal pain and really tough to see what you're doing (I've done it)

Obviously they know what they're doing.. I just think it's interesting to see some of how they do it

Quick Reply: OEM Fuel Pump Not Making The Cut at 750 RWHP