C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many LS3 A6 cars on here running 600+ rwhp?

Old 03-19-2015, 05:48 PM
OBSSSD
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Default How many LS3 A6 cars on here running 600+ rwhp?

What is your setup?

Blower setup with pulley size
Supporting mods (bolt-ons, heads, cam, etc.)

What numbers are you putting down?

How is your stock transmission holding up under moderate to heavy abuse? How many of you have had to rebuild/upgrade your A6?

How many miles on your setup after S/C install?
Old 03-20-2015, 08:36 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Old 03-20-2015, 09:34 AM
scotts94_z28
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shouldn't be hard to make 600 rwhp with a blown LS3. My A6 LS2 car made 597 rwhp with 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catted X-Pipe, and the ECS Supercharger kit. Switching to an offroad X-Pipe and adding meth it made 675 rwhp.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:46 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by OBSSSD
What is your setup?

Blower setup with pulley size
Supporting mods (bolt-ons, heads, cam, etc.)

What numbers are you putting down?

How is your stock transmission holding up under moderate to heavy abuse? How many of you have had to rebuild/upgrade your A6?

How many miles on your setup after S/C install?
Are you asking how many are running 600+HP on a STOCK A6?
There might be many, but the only one that I can think of right now is monsta01 who has run a 9.98@140 on a stock A6. He has a Magnuson Heartbeat making ~11psi of boost on a stock headed car with a DP cam, LG headers. He's making 660+ RWHP and running the stock trans and converter. I spoke to him the other day and he said he's not even running a trans cooler on it yet.
I've heard of other stock A6 cars with over 600HP, but can't find any examples right now.
The reason you're probably not going to get a lot of responses is most likely because most folks that have 600+ on an A6 car will already have rebuilt their A6.
If you're going the centrifugal blower route, you'll find that with even a mid sized pulley and modest boost (~12lbs) and meth, you engine will most likely make more power than your transmission can take.
It looks like the stock clutch packs can hold to around 600-650 HP, IF you have the right tune and keep transmission temps below 200 degrees.
If you're going to be beating on it at the track often with a bigger stall, you may as well pull it out now and get it upgraded.
Truth is, if you're going to upgrade your engine to make 600+, you should be willing to pay the requisite $3500-4000 to one of the few companies like Century that builds these 6L80s to upgrade your transmission.
I'm going for around 550HP now, and I'm hoping mine will hold at that level.

Last edited by CI GS; 03-21-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:13 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I ran around 600rwhp on the stock A6 for a few years. Had a good tune and no cooler at the time. I am pretty sure that if I never ran at the track the trans could have lasted for many more years. I did about 10000 street miles with that power and maybe 50-60 runs at the track mostly in the 10.4 to 10.8 range. That finally took its toll and the 4,5,6 clutch packs basically welded themselves together.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:17 PM
Joe Spinners
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am currently at 724rwhp and still run the stock transmission and stock converter. Been this way for about 6k miles now. Pat G worked on the transmission tune and so far so good. I have only made two track passes as the nearest track is a few hours away, but have made at least a few dozen wot pulls on the highway with no issues. I do plan a ysi build later this year so it'll get built regardless.
Mods:
ECS 1500 @ 13psi
Meth
1 7/8 headers
ECS small blower cam

Last edited by Joe Spinners; 03-21-2015 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:53 AM
OBSSSD
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by CI GS
Are you asking how many are running 600+HP on a STOCK A6?
Correct, I was curious how the stock A6 is holding up to higher power levels. I don't go to the track much so the car won't see the strain of being run hard on drag radials, but I do beat the car hard on the street at times. At the moment I am at 465rwhp with all the bolt-ons including 1-7/8" Kooks headers and a little 218/230 cam, so adding a centri I am going to be over 625rwhp for sure probably closer to 700rwhp with meth.

I was considering a C7 Z06 but they have been such a huge disappointment as straight line performers - running like they are down 100rwhp or something. Sadly, boosting my car will probably be faster than a modded Z - and as far as looks I'm just not crazy about those goofy wheel spats and front splitter that stick out like birth defects or something.

I have always upgraded vettes frequently the past 17 years, but that may have stopped with the debut of the C7. Since I have the 4LT package on my 12' GS coupe it has the newer upgraded suede seats and leather stitched dash and door panels so I am quite content with the interior on the car. My primary concern with blowing the car is eating transmissions
Old 03-22-2015, 09:25 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by OBSSSD
Correct, I was curious how the stock A6 is holding up to higher power levels. I don't go to the track much so the car won't see the strain of being run hard on drag radials, but I do beat the car hard on the street at times. At the moment I am at 465rwhp with all the bolt-ons including 1-7/8" Kooks headers and a little 218/230 cam, so adding a centri I am going to be over 625rwhp for sure probably closer to 700rwhp with meth.

I was considering a C7 Z06 but they have been such a huge disappointment as straight line performers - running like they are down 100rwhp or something. Sadly, boosting my car will probably be faster than a modded Z - and as far as looks I'm just not crazy about those goofy wheel spats and front splitter that stick out like birth defects or something.

I have always upgraded vettes frequently the past 17 years, but that may have stopped with the debut of the C7. Since I have the 4LT package on my 12' GS coupe it has the newer upgraded suede seats and leather stitched dash and door panels so I am quite content with the interior on the car. My primary concern with blowing the car is eating transmissions
With that cam and those headers, your car seems to be the perfect candidate for a blower. It shouldn't be hard to get enough power to dust a C7Z either with just a bolt on blower kit and tune. Even one of the PD kits would get you there. 600+ RWHP is easily acheivable with either a basic ECS or A&A kit, or a EForce or Heartbeat with a pulley upgrade.
I'm completely with you on the C7 looks. I don't know what happened at Chevrolet. Looks like some Aliens invaded their design department or something. Even their trucks are Fugly. I'm hanging on to my GS, squeaky dashboard and all!
If the trans blows up, I'll just get Century to build me a better one!
Old 03-23-2015, 04:15 PM
dekan513
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my car just dynoed 561/587 , but it ran 10.03@139 first time and only time out.
car is cam, fti 3200 stall, lg headers, honker intake , bluecat tune. and a nx plate on a 150 shot. stock trans, stock rear 2.56 gear , stock suspension.
i run the **** out of mine, 150 shot as soon as it moves. i race a ton of events that dont have times. trans tune can make or break u tho. find someone that knows what they r doing.

then have a buddy thats ran 9's on a stock trans and converter. making 800+ boosted car.

and another that has a bolton 150 shot ls3 running mid 10's on stock converter and trans. for 2 years now.

all these cars r tuned by bluecat. he is a top notch tuner and has done alot with the 6l80

Last edited by dekan513; 03-23-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:41 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dekan513
my car just dynoed 561/587 , but it ran 10.03@139 first time and only time out.
car is cam, fti 3200 stall, lg headers, honker intake , bluecat tune. and a nx plate on a 150 shot. stock trans, stock rear 2.56 gear , stock suspension.
i run the **** out of mine, 150 shot as soon as it moves. i race a ton of events that dont have times. trans tune can make or break u tho. find someone that knows what they r doing.

then have a buddy thats ran 9's on a stock trans and converter. making 800+ boosted car.

and another that has a bolton 150 shot ls3 running mid 10's on stock converter and trans. for 2 years now.

all these cars r tuned by bluecat. he is a top notch tuner and has done alot with the 6l80

That's getting it done!
How high does that converter flash when you hit the spray??
It must 60' pretty good too. That's haulin' a$$ for <600HP! You're a very small jet change or tuning tweak away from running firmly in the nines.
Gotta love that nitrous - best bang for the buck, ever!
Tell us more about this bluecat dude.

Get notified of new replies

To How many LS3 A6 cars on here running 600+ rwhp?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many LS3 A6 cars on here running 600+ rwhp?