C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intercooler or Core for 1000+rwhp turbo 427?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 12:27 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by EX1
Surely during R&D you guys had a big power Vette try one of these out. Why is there no data available from Procharger that shows gains before and after? We all know Feldman(White_Lightning) showed impressive gains but it wasn't an exact apples to apples comparison.
Thought that he didn't change really anything other then the intercooler. I don't remember the exact details of his forum posting, but it seemed like it was pretty legit (other then they added a 4" outlet to match their piping in the car)

We have some of the best software around to design and virtually "flow" items before the first one is made. Then we have an entire facility next door used for our industrial applications, testing and programming, to then flow units and test for back pressures, and cooling abilities. Then comes dyno testing, and lastly we rent the track. We do not use the street due to legal implications, all testing is done in a controlled environment. I believe testing of this C6 race intercooler started over a year ago almost, before ever making it into even the hands of BETA test customers cars.

After we get our new website up, we will have more "room" to be able to post, document and show what testing and design aspects go into our systems. For all sorts of different platforms. We are in a MAJOR expansion phase, to be able to keep raising the bar faster and faster. We just hired another engineer (believe another is on the way) and added (2) new people to the tech service side of things. With each person added, takes the load off others, and helps the ball roll that much faster.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:35 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
Thought that he didn't change really anything other then the intercooler. I don't remember the exact details of his forum posting, but it seemed like it was pretty legit (other then they added a 4" outlet to match their piping in the car)

We have some of the best software around to design and virtually "flow" items before the first one is made. Then we have an entire facility next door used for our industrial applications, testing and programming, to then flow units and test for back pressures, and cooling abilities. Then comes dyno testing, and lastly we rent the track. We do not use the street due to legal implications, all testing is done in a controlled environment. I believe testing of this C6 race intercooler started over a year ago almost, before ever making it into even the hands of BETA test customers cars.

After we get our new website up, we will have more "room" to be able to post, document and show what testing and design aspects go into our systems. For all sorts of different platforms. We are in a MAJOR expansion phase, to be able to keep raising the bar faster and faster. We just hired another engineer (believe another is on the way) and added (2) new people to the tech service side of things. With each person added, takes the load off others, and helps the ball roll that much faster.
Thanks for the reply.

AMP modified the inlets and went from 3" to a 3.5" discharge pipe as well.

What were the results from your dyno testing that you mentioned above?
Old 03-31-2015, 12:51 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by EX1
Thanks for the reply.

AMP modified the inlets and went from 3" to a 3.5" discharge pipe as well.

What were the results from your dyno testing that you mentioned above?
It effectively supports more power then our blowers for C6's
And likely farther then most air-to-airs usually go.

The idea of an 1500+ HP air-to-air intercooled car, was almost unheard of not that long ago. Oh how times have changed.

The reason why we have the inlet/outlet sizing the way we do currently, is for the intercooler to be a "drop in" for customers with already existing kits, and maybe not access to fab up new tubes.

HOWEVER: I have brought up in discussion the possibility of larger inlets/outlets using silicon reducers, and or larger tubing options for higher HP cars. Its on the "work plan" however I can't tell you how fast that will move forward.

Our Corvette sales this year have been fantastic enough to keep moving forward with new additions/options to our Corvette product line, so thats good news. So thank you to all the CF members that help support us, so we can do that!
Old 03-31-2015, 01:18 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
It effectively supports more power then our blowers for C6's
And likely farther then most air-to-airs usually go.

The idea of an 1500+ HP air-to-air intercooled car, was almost unheard of not that long ago. Oh how times have changed.

The reason why we have the inlet/outlet sizing the way we do currently, is for the intercooler to be a "drop in" for customers with already existing kits, and maybe not access to fab up new tubes.

HOWEVER: I have brought up in discussion the possibility of larger inlets/outlets using silicon reducers, and or larger tubing options for higher HP cars. Its on the "work plan" however I can't tell you how fast that will move forward.

Our Corvette sales this year have been fantastic enough to keep moving forward with new additions/options to our Corvette product line, so thats good news. So thank you to all the CF members that help support us, so we can do that!
i think its very difficult to REALLY show FMIC differences on a dyno unless you have some sort of MONSTER fan in front of it able to reproduce the speeds of a 150 mph wind. with an FMIC the faster you go the more air is crammed through it cooling it.. VS a stationary dyno with a fan in front of it blowing say 4-5 mph. For me the dyno is a good Delta tool. and i am REALLY surpised we saw as much change as we did since i figured we wouldnt see much on the dyno but more on a run.. im very happy with my FMIC, and am pretty confident that if i went up in blower sizes i could still use this fmic to support the power.

you forgot the part about a few nut cases determined to not jump on the turbo band wagon and instead try make some power with centris
Old 03-31-2015, 03:28 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
i think its very difficult to REALLY show FMIC differences on a dyno unless you have some sort of MONSTER fan in front of it able to reproduce the speeds of a 150 mph wind. with an FMIC the faster you go the more air is crammed through it cooling it.. VS a stationary dyno with a fan in front of it blowing say 4-5 mph. For me the dyno is a good Delta tool. and i am REALLY surpised we saw as much change as we did since i figured we wouldnt see much on the dyno but more on a run.. im very happy with my FMIC, and am pretty confident that if i went up in blower sizes i could still use this fmic to support the power.

you forgot the part about a few nut cases determined to not jump on the turbo band wagon and instead try make some power with centris
I hear you on that. I was more leaning towards the possibility that the smaller FMIC is an actual restriction, flow wise, once you start dealing with F1 blowers.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:48 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Didnt feldman also do a PMC intake and other mods? Either way his modified PC core is working well.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:52 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
Some people enjoy the #antilag from a belt.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:04 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Didnt feldman also do a PMC intake and other mods? Either way his modified PC core is working well.
my last round was FMIC + pipe from blower to fmic.

on the old FMIC my best pull was 1320.. but i ran Ti @ 1280ish ( pulled a few degrees with the plan to eventually turn it back up.. )
with the ~1280 tune we put on the new FMIC and pipe and it made a best of 1457... so that gain was FMIC and pipe only.

Quick Reply: Intercooler or Core for 1000+rwhp turbo 427?