C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this setup (still keeping stock shortblock)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 09:34 PM
Joe Spinners
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thoughts on this setup (still keeping stock shortblock)

I'm at the point where I want more power. The car is an A6, so I will definitely be rebuilding the transmission and get a stall for the setup I go with. I've talked to some big shops from here and many don't seem to be against keeping the stock shortblock even with what I had in mind. I guess it's a matter of luck lol. Money isn't an issue, so if the shortblock decides to go then I'll rebuild it. The car's current setup is the ECS 1500 kit, ECS small blower cam, 1 7/8 headers and meth. At 13psi, the car made 724/622. Here's what I had in mind:
-TFS 255 heads
-Custom Pat G or Tick Performance cam
-Built Century 6L80E w/ FTI converter
-ECS fuel system and bigger injectors
-Upgrade lifters, trunion upgrade on rockers, ls9 gaskets, ARP head studs
-Use dual nozzle for meth

Tuning of course will be key to this so a reputable tuner will be sought for this. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?
Old 03-28-2015, 05:40 AM
usmcpony
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I pretty much have exact setup you have. Ecs built car 1500, baby blower cam, methanol, long tubes, century built 6l80 etc. Put down 780rwhp. I'm contemplating doing a engine build. Id like to do a 416ci or a 418ci. I'm curious why you're switching cams?
Old 03-28-2015, 06:03 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Money might not be an issue, but if you do a good job blowing up the motor with more power, which you will, you can take out your heads, block and even supercharger all at once.

Swap now, forge your stock bottom end, have the tranny built, and run a standard Paxton 2200 and make an extra 100hp. Or add a 2200r and add 150+hp.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:11 AM
Joe Spinners
Instructor

Originally Posted by usmcpony
I pretty much have exact setup you have. Ecs built car 1500, baby blower cam, methanol, long tubes, century built 6l80 etc. Put down 780rwhp. I'm contemplating doing a engine build. Id like to do a 416ci or a 418ci. I'm curious why you're switching cams?
I'm going to keep my options open as I am more than likely going to add a converter. Also with the TFS heads there will be better ptv clearance so I wouldn't mind exploring my options on a cam. A 416 is something I've been looking into as well. But I'm sure upgrading the head unit will be must to get some power out if it. What are your thoughts on your Century transmission?

Last edited by Joe Spinners; 03-28-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:19 AM
Joe Spinners
Instructor

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Money might not be an issue, but if you do a good job blowing up the motor with more power, which you will, you can take out your heads, block and even supercharger all at once.

Swap now, forge your stock bottom end, have the tranny built, and run a standard Paxton 2200 and make an extra 100hp. Or add a 2200r and add 150+hp.
That's what I'm afraid of lol. That would definitely suck if that were to happen. Definitely playing with fire here. If I do build the motor and upgrade the head unit then chances are I may want to push some good power with it. I wonder if a Century built 6L80E is up to the task at handling 900-1000rwhp?

Get notified of new replies

To Thoughts on this setup (still keeping stock shortblock)

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this setup (still keeping stock shortblock)