C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The New Build Begins ... finally

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 10:50 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by M M Alexander
Funny you mentioned being on an island ... About 6 - 7 months back I was searching for "corvette on home lift" and a thread with a picture of your lift was (it's out back or on the side of your home). There was a guy debating how the base of it would quickly succumb to rust - he was an idiotic tool.

I found it at Colorado Speed. If you don't need communication they are good to order from - if you need any form of communication (they suck) I'd be patient waiting on a response or order else where.

Thanks Man! I see Colorado Speed posted on here today, so I'll check with them on whether they have one of those balances in stick and if so, I will most likely order one when I get back home next week. I'm in New York right now, enjoying the nice 60 something degree weather for a change!! what a difference! It was 90 degrees when I left home this morning.
On the lift thing, I do live right next to the beach, but I have mine inside my garage, which I actually installed a AC-DC inverter split-system air conditioner. Best money I ever spent. I don't get too much sweat on my car parts and tools, and my lift won't rust to pieces either!
Here's a photo with my car on the lift during the Christmas holidays when I was changing the differential and converter:
Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2015, 10:58 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by coSPEED2
We apologize for sucking. Remember you can always pm us, or email as we dont have a huge sales force they work alot easier.
Those billet coolant caps are made by Wegner motorsports that mr urban and quite a few others use in their setups. Alot cheaper from them. Then you can fab any setup you need.

If we can help anyone else, please let us know!!
LOL! Honesty and humility are two of the finest (and rarest) qualities humans possess!
How about that balancer? If it's a 8.25" 8-rib for ~$260? as per what I saw on your site last night, and you have one in stock, I'm going to be on that like Bill Maher on a republican gaffe!
Old 05-24-2015, 11:18 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Will update thread Tuesday for all the persons interested.

If only he rode the members of his own corrupt party like he does republicans he would walk like a 60yo cowboy.

Touché!

On the balancer, there was another thread on here where a bunch of us guys with Heartbeat blowers were discussing O/D balancer options, and it looked like the only off the shelf item was the IW 8" and ATI has a 8.235" shell that you have to special order. Both of them retail around $550, so a 8.25" at nearly half that price should be a good seller!

Last edited by CI GS; 05-24-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:46 AM
M M Alexander
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts

We apologize for sucking. Remember you can always pm us, or email as we dont have a huge sales force they work alot easier.
The problem I had was that when ordering - I specifically asked "Please provide tracking info when shipped..."
About 8 days later when I had not received any info/response I tried contacting you - message stated to E-Mail - which I did - no response that day at all. The next day the balancer arrived and you then send me an e-mail saying " Our records show the balancer was delivered." Like "no shi+ Sherlock! Sorry, but that is pretty **** poor but on a positive... You did have it in stock at the lowest price I could find.

Those billet coolant caps are made by Wegner motorsports that mr urban and quite a few others use in their setups. Alot cheaper from them. Then you can fab any setup you need.
I know - that's where I ordered the ones pictured from.

Originally Posted by CI GS
Thanks Man! I see Colorado Speed posted on here today, so I'll check with them on whether they have one of those balances in stick and if so, I will most likely order one when I get back home next week.
Not a problem - that's what forums are for :thumbs

On the lift thing, I do live right next to the beach, but I have mine inside my garage, which I actually installed a AC-DC inverter split-system air conditioner. Best money I ever spent. I don't get too much sweat on my car parts and tools, and my lift won't rust to pieces either!
Here's a photo with my car on the lift during the Christmas holidays when I was changing the differential and converter:
Yeah, I'm putting a portable unit into my garage as well. They are fairly inexpensive and seem to work well (from my limited exposure being in a room that had one going).
Old 05-27-2015, 10:51 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Hey MM Alexander. I hope you weren't caught in all of that massive flooding in your area!?
Hopefully, it didn't affect you (or your Vette) and you'll post back on here soon and let us know what's happening??
Old 05-27-2015, 02:03 PM
M M Alexander
Racer

Yeah, I'm fine. Houston are is large - very large. I know the National news media shows it as if the entire Houston area was under water - but it wasn't even 20% .
My car is fine - it's topped out on the lift - my entire house would have to be engulfed my over 7' of water to even get the tires wet, LOL!
I've been busy putting recessed lighting in the garage (I like how yours is lit), floored the area above the garage for storage along with more work on the shed. This weekend I plan to pull the motor out the Vette - provided I've got all the miscellaneous household items squared away.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:43 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Yeah, I'm fine. Houston are is large - very large. I know the National news media shows it as if the entire Houston area was under water - but it wasn't even 20% .
My car is fine - it's topped out on the lift - my entire house would have to be engulfed my over 7' of water to even get the tires wet, LOL!
I've been busy putting recessed lighting in the garage (I like how yours is lit), floored the area above the garage for storage along with more work on the shed. This weekend I plan to pull the motor out the Vette - provided I've got all the miscellaneous household items squared away.
That's good to hear man. From what I saw and heard on CNN I thought all of the Houston area was submerged!
Those lifts are handy for keeping your cars tires dry in a flood for sure!
The lights I used are LED strips I bought from the local hardware store. They were pricey but really light up the place nicely.
Keep us posted on your progress.
And oh, if it's not too much trouble, when you get a chance can you please take a good picture of that Powerbond pulley with a tape measure drawn across it, because we've been discussing it on another thread and folks seem to be confused about the actual diameter, as both Colorado Speed's site and Powerbonds online catalog lists it as 7.5" OD?!
Old 05-28-2015, 11:17 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

We have the wrong size listed as there was a typo in the older powerbond catalog when we added that to our system. It is actually 209mm OD which is roughly 8.22 inches OD. Does that help any?
Being that we have to mass add these parts, anything wrong with the descriptions in the product site or catalog will copy over and unless we catch it right then, is very hard for us to notice.
That does indeed help. Please update your online catalog, including the details for the 10% OD Z06 balancer, because that's what the M6 dry sump GS guys would have to use, and I've now referred a couple of them to your catalog.
Those balancers should sell like hot cakes at that price.
I think I'll order one of those myself
Old 05-28-2015, 11:22 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Point me to said thread....or more like right to said thread fred!
Here you go, page 22, post # 435, 436 & 437:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...s-fall-22.html
Old 05-28-2015, 12:08 PM
M M Alexander
Racer

It's about 8 & 3/16th of an inch - I measured it same day it arrived.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:28 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Thanks! Sorry about derailing your thread! How's the car (and other miscellaneous projects) coming?
Old 06-13-2015, 09:41 AM
M M Alexander
Racer

Default Got some work done this week

So I moved the fluorescent to the rear of the garage, added 4 recessed lights, 4 outlets into the ceiling and two on the near wall. The garage is pretty darn functional Crappy "panoramics" to follow (but you'll get the idea)

i got into the garage a few hours after work the past couple of days and actually worked on the car. It was kind of time consuming to prep the car for engine removal - but I've done worse jobs - so it wasn't too bad. I decided to remove the ( 6 ) nuts that attach the fly wheel to the torque tube coupler as opposed to removing the single large hex bolt on the TT coupler. Once that was complete and the front cross member was lowered, it slid right on out

Now that "old" is out

It's time to prep for the NEW

I've got a ton of work to do before I get the ERL unit into the car - but I'm in no rush (as if that fact was not known by how long this post goes between updates, lol). Going to keep wight the 3 - 4 hours a night a couple times a week schedule. Seems to be the best balance to keep me motivated to work on the car and not hate it while doing it.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:10 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Yep, that's the best way to do it if you don't have to have it back together by a certain time. Work on it enough so that stuff is getting done, but not so much that you dread getting back to work.

I am envious the garage and lift! Looks nice.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:13 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Nice!
Glad to see that you've got the garage sorted and you're making progress on the Vette! Keep us posted!
Old 06-13-2015, 04:42 PM
M M Alexander
Racer

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Yep, that's the best way to do it if you don't have to have it back together by a certain time. Work on it enough so that stuff is getting done, but not so much that you dread getting back to work.

I am envious the garage and lift! Looks nice.
Yeah, 20 years back, I could go hard at it for days - Now, my motto is usually "I'll do it next time I'm out here..."

Originally Posted by CI GS
Nice!
Glad to see that you've got the garage sorted and you're making progress on the Vette! Keep us posted!
Thanks, it's been a good amount of "Work" but I'm glad I decided to do it all. Sitting at a desk the past few years was making me "soft."
Old 06-14-2015, 02:17 PM
M M Alexander
Racer

Default Broke down the block

Had a few hours to spare on yesterday evening, so I decided to break the block down. I was interested in just how bad #7 might look.

I'm going to rebuild it and throw it in my Silverado next year. Should make for decent upgrade over the current 4.8 that resides in it now.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:06 AM
M M Alexander
Racer

I am glad you are going to water/vapor collection route. That is a commonly overlooked problem even the older lt1s had figured out.

Peterson has a very nice 4-1 block but its very pricey.
http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/plumb_yman.html
I like this nitro daves setup.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/plumbin...ion-block.html
I like the Peterson Y block - Thanks for the links

Get notified of new replies

To The New Build Begins ... finally

Old 06-15-2015, 10:08 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

I like the Peterson Y block - Thanks for the links
$162
Old 06-23-2015, 01:08 AM
M M Alexander
Racer

Default Some small updates

Got a few hours out in the garage this weekend.
While looking at the radiator cradle with plans to weld some strips along the bottom (driveway at other house was pretty steep - front end always scraped). I noticed the welds were broke off at every point along the horse shoe on the passenger side. When I took the cradke off, it literally came off in 2 pieces. The factory welds had no penetration into the metal at all. Very shoddy welding work. With that thought in mind, I set out to repair the pass side damage and reinforce the drive side while I was at it.
I welded some 1/8 x 1 aluminum strips to the bottom along with repairs to the bad welds.

I also worked on getting more air across the inter cooler. Seeing how Pat G. got decent gains from making a cut out across the front. I figured It couldn't hurt.
So I first cut between the air bag sensors

Then I switched welding units and got busy boxing in the cut

Other than that, ordered some more parts (CNC LS3 heads ) and that's about it.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:37 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Default The New Build Begins ... finally

Nice! I bet that will really help with airflow. I've been thinking about making some side panels to go on each end of the radiator/intercooler on mine.

Quick Reply: The New Build Begins ... finally