C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one have broke his F1X procharger? TT time?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 02:13 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

That's too bad. I've kept track of the F1's progress, posted the results of the first F1x on this board years ago.

Usually, middlemen hinder business. But in the case of blowers, it's very nice to have ECS or A&A in your corner. I've used both kits, and have no doubt Doug/Chris from ECS or Andy/Josh from A&A would go to bat. Then again, there is no Vortech/Paxton street blower for a C5/6 that can touch the F1x power wise. Pretty chitty response from Procharger while they post user's cars from here being way overspun.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:58 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
If he has been running a f2 for awhile, good luck with that, then swaps on a F1X and it fails in 2 pulls, I'm going to say it isn't the install. Not like it is a whole fresh kit, or someone that doesn't know what they are doing.
I agree, the car was running F2 excellent and in round 4, we won the event with 6 clean passes in total, won 1st place, bring the car home without single issue not even the belt (Gates belts FTW!)
After a month, we have round 5, and F1X just arrived to the shop, we thought to install it and give it a a try since this was the last drag event in the end of the racing season here (drag events will open again starting in Nov 2015).

Anyway, the shop done tons of supercharger installation and they know what to do exactly, so I doubt that the installation is issue!
Old 04-20-2015, 03:04 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Originally Posted by saplumr
If ATI finds it's their problem I'd be shocked it won't be addressed and properly handled. Some of the other issues (not the OP) mentioned were self induced.
I was shocked when the shop told me to pay $2100 to fix it! I was so upset I lost the round and lost the purpose of making a comparision between these 2 units (F2 vs F1X). The shop offered to me free installation and dyno tuning again but he said he tried to cover this under warranty like the other unit failed but PC refused.

Second issue, imagine If I would pay $2100 to fix it,,, now dealing with this overseas, knowing this a product has high failure rate (as stated by PC), does this seems logical to fix it really especially if the vendor does not show any signs of support??! hwo about if it failed again even with all conditions applied??!!!
Old 04-20-2015, 03:09 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Originally Posted by Tuomas FIN
If you go to TT setup and make it custom, I highly recommend front mount setup. Block mounted really are pain in the a*s build for your target.
Thanks for the advise, now we are talking

Yes, it will be custom, I'm making lot of reading and search now, lot of great custom TT and Single turbo builds, however really somtimes the pictures and dyno videos does not show how the TT kit performed in reality and if there any hidden issues in the build,,, the front mount top setup, is great, but concerned about the overheating in our great sandy weather.

How about a sleeper build like Sincester C6 or the blue Tejano TT vettes?
Old 04-20-2015, 07:35 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Originally Posted by winters97gt
That's too bad. I've kept track of the F1's progress, posted the results of the first F1x on this board years ago.

Usually, middlemen hinder business. But in the case of blowers, it's very nice to have ECS or A&A in your corner. I've used both kits, and have no doubt Doug/Chris from ECS or Andy/Josh from A&A would go to bat. Then again, there is no Vortech/Paxton street blower for a C5/6 that can touch the F1x power wise. Pretty chitty response from Procharger while they post user's cars from here being way overspun.
Maybe it is not that bad, besides loosing $4k, NOW they give me a strong reason and a push towards TT setup If i knew earlier this is how they are supporting their product and treating their customers, I would went TT since that time.

Andy and Steve and Josh, I have a great support from them when I had the A&A YSi kit, then I switched to PC for the exact reason you mentioned and to avoid complexity of TT kit (almost 2 years back).
The order I initially placed with DP procharger kit was with F1X (it was just released) and after lot of discussions, emails and with Taylor recommended to go with proven F2 that worked on his kit and tested, also at that time no clear results shared about F1X. I have consulted PC by phone and had long conversation and they were go with F1X not F2, much better, more efficient, less load, etc etc. I'm Glad I went with F2 at that time and regretting I went with PC from the begnning!
Old 04-20-2015, 09:41 AM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by WHITE_SHARK
I was shocked when the shop told me to pay $2100 to fix it! I was so upset I lost the round and lost the purpose of making a comparision between these 2 units (F2 vs F1X). The shop offered to me free installation and dyno tuning again but he said he tried to cover this under warranty like the other unit failed but PC refused.

Second issue, imagine If I would pay $2100 to fix it,,, now dealing with this overseas, knowing this a product has high failure rate (as stated by PC), does this seems logical to fix it really especially if the vendor does not show any signs of support??! hwo about if it failed again even with all conditions applied??!!!
If the vendor is ATI and you have to pay to repair their issue, that's a major problem.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Proace4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Threads like this make me nervous. I have had my car back up and running with an F1x now for about 2.5 weeks. So far I like it, but I am really starting to hear more and more stories about F1x failures that is making me have buyers remorse a little. Hopefully I have no issues.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:00 AM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

WHITE_SHARK - How was your boost controlled to hit 20psi? Restrictor plate pre-blower or wastegate in the charge pipe?

I'm putting an F1X on my car and am not worried. 8"/4.5" pulley combo reved to 7,200rpm (69,120 blower speed) with a 10-rib belt with 3 blow off valves. No wastegate, only a 4" inlet/restrictor pre-blower.

I think wastegate regulation of boost is a big killer as well due to the fact that it's introducing a massive boost leak and it messes with where the blower gets pushed to on the compressor map.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:49 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Originally Posted by Proace4
Threads like this make me nervous. I have had my car back up and running with an F1x now for about 2.5 weeks. So far I like it, but I am really starting to hear more and more stories about F1x failures that is making me have buyers remorse a little. Hopefully I have no issues.
I hope it will be ok with you, as mentioned before, we have 3 F1X cars here and 2 failed and the 3rd one is doing well so far. Also I believe lotof F1X vettes here have a great success with it(unless issues not published of course). Pray that PC did not put a Chinese bearing on your unit

Originally Posted by turbotuner20v
WHITE_SHARK - How was your boost controlled to hit 20psi? Restrictor plate pre-blower or wastegate in the charge pipe?

I'm putting an F1X on my car and am not worried. 8"/4.5" pulley combo reved to 7,200rpm (69,120 blower speed) with a 10-rib belt with 3 blow off valves. No wastegate, only a 4" inlet/restrictor pre-blower.

I think wastegate regulation of boost is a big killer as well due to the fact that it's introducing a massive boost leak and it messes with where the blower gets pushed to on the compressor map.
No wastegate, I put a filter on the 4.5" inlet that connected to blower and not passing 7000k RPM.

I noticed F1X is less boost than F2 with 3-6psi and providing almost same power or more with colder IAT,,,, it is a great but UNRELIABLE blower
Old 04-20-2015, 12:39 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Pray that PC did not put a Chinese bearing on your unit
Whoever started that rumor, has got to be happy with themselves.
Cause it makes no sense, and has no facts behind it.
Might as well stating we now use plastic bearings inside our blowers. and that the cases are no going to be made out of wood.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:35 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

RHS 427"
81/45 combo and near 70k blower rpm. Redline is 7100RPM and shifting on 6800-6900rpm

F1X: Car made 917whp@20psi and no track results as F1X failed on 2nd run.

F2 (modified by SM): Car made 861whp@24psi and made best 8.88 ET

We cannot compare hp exactly between the two dyno runs however, it seems pretty same power with advantage to F1X on high RPM and little advantage to F2 in mid range. The IAT was much much lower on dyno and track with F1X!
Dyno graph posted,,,
but max power, we made 1230whp with F2@30psi
No final number with F1X blower.

Also the track prep is not good enough to go full power,,, you will spin.
I hope it will be ok with you, as mentioned before, we have 3 F1X cars here and 2 failed and the 3rd one is doing well so far. Also I believe lotof F1X vettes here have a great success with it(unless issues not published of course). Pray that PC did not put a Chinese bearing on your unit

No wastegate, I put a filter on the 4.5" inlet that connected to blower and not passing 7000k RPM.

I noticed F1X is less boost than F2 with 3-6psi and providing almost same power or more with colder IAT,,,, it is a great but UNRELIABLE blower
I guess I'm confused how your setup works then.

You state you had a 'max power' dyno of the F2 - 1,230whp @30psi. Then you state the F2 did 861whp @ 24psi, so obviously there's some way that it's being modified to reduce boost?

I know you have an automatic transmission and dynos may be different over there, but then you say F1X made 917whp @ 20psi. My F1A-94 made 1,026whp @ 23psi, so I find it hard to believe the F1X is unrestricted/non-wastegated only making max boost of 20psi. Similar setups with approved pulley combos seem to make 24-28psi

Also seems weird to come onto the internet and bash while blower is still in the inspection process that ProCharger offered to help with (out of warranty period). It seems like any good will you might have gotten would be reduced by those actions. Just seems like more to the story?

Last edited by turbotuner20v; 04-20-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:56 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Originally Posted by turbotuner20v
I guess I'm confused how your setup works then.

You state you had a 'max power' dyno of the F2 - 1,230whp @30psi. Then you state the F2 did 861whp @ 24psi, so obviously there's some way that it's being modified to reduce boost?

I know you have an automatic transmission and dynos may be different over there, but then you say F1X made 917whp @ 20psi. My F1A-94 made 1,026whp @ 23psi, so I find it hard to believe the F1X is unrestricted/non-wastegated only making max boost of 20psi. Similar setups with approved pulley combos seem to make 24-28psi

Also seems weird to come onto the internet and bash while blower is still in the inspection process that ProCharger offered to help with (out of warranty period). It seems like any good will you might have gotten would be reduced by those actions. Just seems like more to the story?
You asked me how I controlled the boost to hit 20psi which is with the F1X. I have provided the answer clearly :o no confusion here.

Coming to F2:
Restricted inlet + small filter = 23-24boost and 861 whp
Non restricted inlet+ big filter = 29-30psi and 1230 whp

The other car (6 speed) made 18psi with 81/45 combo and lsx 427" and stock ls7 heads. With no filter made 24psi and near 1200rwhp. My car have a big camshaft, open ARH big headers, 305cc Mast heads, very normal I can see less boost like 20psi.

I'm not sure how you are comparing you F1Cand your setup with my F1X and my setup!! different combos yields to different results on different cars, on different TC and gear ratios.

I would suggest that you know the facts before you say I'm bashing or whatever! Thanks and I hope the confusion is clear to you now, if you have any question you can ask and I'm glad to answer it
Old 04-20-2015, 01:59 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
Whoever started that rumor, has got to be happy with themselves.
Cause it makes no sense, and has no facts behind it.
Might as well stating we now use plastic bearings inside our blowers. and that the cases are no going to be made out of wood.
I would like to know what make sense then? also waiting for you reply to the other points, taking this seriously for all customers and lovers of PC and centri blowers, but it seems you are escaping and avoiding to answer! maybe PC does not know the answer or they already know it and would not share it in public!?
Old 04-20-2015, 04:31 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

I would like to know what make sense then? also waiting for you reply to the other points, taking this seriously for all customers and lovers of PC and centri blowers, but it seems you are escaping and avoiding to answer! maybe PC does not know the answer or they already know it and would not share it in public!?
Doesn't matter what we put on here, the internet "guru's" will twist it with their guessing, and mistruths.
Things like Chinese bearings, blowers being used for R&D.
And any other crazy none sense I have read around the internet.

All I can say for a fact currently is:
Your blower has not come back for inspection,
So there is no telling what the cause was/is.

So nothing at this point to talk about, since it would just be guessing.

We are no different than ANY other company
Just like any company and any product, the RMA gets issued.
And once the item arrives an inspection can happen,
Then it can become and interactive conversation.

We do look at each repair on a case by case basis, (since they really aren't that common)
To find the cause, and get to a solution.
Even on Cog Race blowers that have no warranty such as yours.

The $$$$ quote you were given, was a guess based on basically replacing the entire unit. (Pretty smoking deal actually)
Pretty sure anyone can understand that $2,100 for basically a new F-1X is a deal.

Who knows once it is here, and inspected, it may be be drastically less.
Or even a defect in a part, which would be covered
Heck, it could have been dropped in shipping hard enough to decouple the bearings internally.
(have seen it happen before) And basically broken from the start.
Which would have been a shipping error/claim
After all your blower did travel halfway across the globe.

But then again, no telling since we haven't seen it.

The quotes always have to be high, just to make sure we don't say $500, then find out its more.
Always easier to go down, then it is up.

When used below the RPM, and HP limits, the F-1X has a very very low failure rate.
(And yes, even those few that are over those limits are still are having great results,...Not endorsing it, just stating facts.)
Don't have to take my word for it, just look at the others on this forum.
Its very easy to see the number of high HP "F" blowers making large power numbers, without failure.
Just this forum section alone is littered with them, and thats not counting all the other makes and models, Ford, Camaro, HEMI, etc.
Heck plenty of members will have 2 or 3 different ProChargers in their cars lifetime without failure. (TurboTuner20V for example, has had at least 3)

Trust us, NOBODY wants a broken blower. (Us or the Customers)
It does nobody any good at all.

There is no reason for more posts on this matter on this forum.
Your resolution on the blower, needs to be handed interactively via the service manager, once it arrives.

Last edited by ProChargerTech; 04-20-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:19 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
The $$$$ quote you were given, was a guess based on basically replacing the entire unit. (Pretty smoking deal actually)
Pretty sure anyone can understand that $2,100 for basically a new F-1X is a deal.
This is not a smooking deal at all,
I just paid more than $4000 for a new unit and it lasted two runs only, so paying another $2100 (almost $6600 total payment including shipping to you) to get a new unit, or even if you fix it or give me new unit for free, which will be appreciated, but still it is not a smooking deal to me since it costs me lot of money now and we really don't know if it will break again or not!

Smoking deal will be:
$4k new unit for first time + enjoying + lasting at least one racing season + winning and breaking records over F2 (which that you recommeneds F1X over F2).

Fixing it for $50, or $700 or $2100 or for free, is not the issue now, I'm concerned what comes after that really, concerned about the reason of failure in mine and in all other customers who reported issues with their F1X! I'm loosing time, races + installation charges which are not measurable by $.

Anyway, I told the shop and refused to ship it and pay $2100 for the fix as been told this is what it will cost, however I will ship it now (costing me almost $500 for this 50lbs unit) and based on intereactive discussion with the service manager, I will decide to fix it and sell it in states or fix it and use it again on my car.

I want to directly cumunicate with you to sort this out of the shop to get more clear answers and faster response on this.

Muhammad,
felemban60607@gmail.com
Old 04-21-2015, 08:41 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Darn, you guys are laying the smack down on yellowbullet.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:23 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Darn, you guys are laying the smack down on yellowbullet.
oh snap. now I have to register over there

Get notified of new replies

To Any one have broke his F1X procharger? TT time?

Old 04-21-2015, 12:22 PM
Proace4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya, every f1x thread gets deep pretty quick over there.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:37 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I am thinking about switching to an F1X from my F2... hmmmmm
Old 05-04-2015, 04:34 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Everything is good, cleaned all intercooler and piping from oil and small little pieces, all good now with F2 now. Also have completed yesterday a full exhaust system woth Borla ATAK system with little modification (very tough with the 4l80e in place!) so I can drive this on street normally.

Called the Tech Manager of ProCharger, very nice guy to deal with and I truly appreciated his 1 hour talk time about the setup and what happened. He show lot of support and apologized for the quote given from beginning as they wanted now to see the unit first then judge about the cost. Also he requested photos and videos of the setup and car and F1X, which has been provided already. We are going to ship the F1X this week hopefully.

I hope things will go fine as planned.

Quick Reply: Any one have broke his F1X procharger? TT time?