C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrading fuel system on my 2009 FI Z06, going with Aeromotive Stealth intank set up

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 08:40 AM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Upgrading fuel system on my 2009 FI Z06, going with Aeromotive Stealth intank set up

Ive been doing some shopping around for a fuel setup as well as a clutch set up. Decided to go with the Aeromotive A1000 Stealth intank pump. Ill plumb it myself with a -8 feed to the fuel rails followed with a -6 return of the EFI Boost regulator. I dont have to worry about having to deal with more than one pump and the risks of one of them not working. There was a meet this weekend that I attended and this guy with a 2009 Z06 pushing 860 rwhp was running the same system for about 14 months 8000 miles with no issues.

Ill post pics and progress as it comes

Old 04-21-2015, 10:25 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I assume you are using their controller?
Old 04-21-2015, 02:06 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

Is it significantly cheaper than the Fore setup?

That 1 big pump is really senstive to being controlled properly to not overheat the fuel. The triple pump w/ a hobbs lets you run 1 pump constantly to keep fuel temp down, then the other 2 when needed under boost.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:16 PM
SquatchMachining
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by turbotuner20v
Is it significantly cheaper than the Fore setup?

That 1 big pump is really senstive to being controlled properly to not overheat the fuel. The triple pump w/ a hobbs lets you run 1 pump constantly to keep fuel temp down, then the other 2 when needed under boost.

While I agree that this is the better way to do it. In previous setups I have ran twin AEM 320's constantly and never had a issue with heating up fuel or any fueling issues of any kind. I think most peoples fueling issues come from using the wrong parts for their application and design/routing of their aftermarket systems.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:36 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

So many people have had issues with these setups that they've gone to the Fore kits or and external like A&A or ECS setup. My Fore triple kit just arrived yesterday.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:19 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
So many people have had issues with these setups that they've gone to the Fore kits or and external like A&A or ECS setup. My Fore triple kit just arrived yesterday.
That's what I was getting at. I remember when they first came out tons of people had problems. Others haven't had any.. so who knows

The controller seems to be pretty ill engineered from what I've read from Mr. DSteck's postings. And he tends to know his ****.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:51 PM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

its as simple as I think it can get. Back from the rotary days the A-1000 pump was a work horse as long as you use a 10-8 ga wire to power and a good size feed with return then the whole cycling fuel issue is really nominal. yes its going to cycle fore fuel at 12v than a 9-10 which Aeromotive recomends for idle and driving buthow much does it really cycle less? I drove my rx7 around all day and even street racing at night with efi return system direct wired. Never had an issue. Im going to wire it up with no BAP and keep the racetronix harness. Just going to continue the 10g wire directly to the pump top. Im going to feed the rails with a -10 and -8 return. Im pretty confident this will work. If it does become an issue then another $300 will take care of the speed control unit.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:01 PM
BLWN427
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like someone is going to have a thousand dollar paper weight. After purchasing the controller to try and solve his problems of over heating fuel. Trust these guys man. I for one had the eliminator in tank with the speed controller. Plumbing down the rockers away from heat, proper check valve, filter, aeromotive boost reference regulator. -8 supply -6 return. Setup exactly how aeromotive instructed and finally took it out and it sits on my work bench collecting dust. I installed a fore triple in tank with aem 1000's and have had zero issues since. The aeromotive left me stranded so many times I can't count.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:36 PM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BLWN427
Sounds like someone is going to have a thousand dollar paper weight. After purchasing the controller to try and solve his problems of over heating fuel. Trust these guys man. I for one had the eliminator in tank with the speed controller. Plumbing down the rockers away from heat, proper check valve, filter, aeromotive boost reference regulator. -8 supply -6 return. Setup exactly how aeromotive instructed and finally took it out and it sits on my work bench collecting dust. I installed a fore triple in tank with aem 1000's and have had zero issues since. The aeromotive left me stranded so many times I can't count.
how much was your fuel overheating too? or to what point? would the car just not run?

Ive just never seen an issue with the pump overheating the fuel so much. what am I missing on here?

as for the Fore System. I was thinking of going with the 2 pump system. it still carries an A1000 running costatly. isnt that the same thing?
Old 04-21-2015, 10:07 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Fore doesn't use aeromotive pumps.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:18 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by rob20rx7
how much was your fuel overheating too? or to what point? would the car just not run?

Ive just never seen an issue with the pump overheating the fuel so much. what am I missing on here?

as for the Fore System. I was thinking of going with the 2 pump system. it still carries an A1000 running costatly. isnt that the same thing?
You can have the primary pump setup as a Walbro so it's something a little more "sane" for cruising around

Also, they use AEM, not Aeromotive..

You'll either have zero issues with the A1000 or the system will be useless..

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Fore doesn't use aeromotive pumps.
Ding ding ding
Old 04-21-2015, 10:28 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Good luck if that is the route you go. Only heard of 1 car ever getting this pump to work, and that was a lot of custom work to get it going.

Running fore with dual AEM 320s, making 1200rwhp no issues. One day I may add a 3rd pump but 2 is working just fine for 1200rwhp.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:47 PM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by schpenxel
You can have the primary pump setup as a Walbro so it's something a little more "sane" for cruising around

Also, they use AEM, not Aeromotive..

You'll either have zero issues with the A1000 or the system will be useless..

Ding ding ding
My appologies, Its AEM not Aeromotive.

I will be giving Fore a call tomorrow
Old 04-21-2015, 10:50 PM
BLWN427
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Overheated the fuel so much you could hear the pump audibly get louder....one it was to that point it was a spiral of death, the pump would heat up causing the fuel to vaporize once it touched it wich caused it to heat the pump more wich caused more vapor to the point my fuel pressure would drop to 10psi or less causing the car to stall and me stuck on the side of the road till the pump cooled down. I had the controller set to the minimum run speed at idle to keep base fuel pressure and I even set my max full speed on setpoint at 6k to make sure the pump was running as slow as possible to try to keep it under control. Still after about an hour or two normal driving in the summer and boom. I even bought insulated heat shield for my fuel lines under the hood and no change.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:18 AM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Im going to call Aeromotive and Fore today to go over my options. Looks like the Aeromotive setup may lead to a pain in the ***....

Originally Posted by BLWN427
Overheated the fuel so much you could hear the pump audibly get louder....one it was to that point it was a spiral of death, the pump would heat up causing the fuel to vaporize once it touched it wich caused it to heat the pump more wich caused more vapor to the point my fuel pressure would drop to 10psi or less causing the car to stall and me stuck on the side of the road till the pump cooled down. I had the controller set to the minimum run speed at idle to keep base fuel pressure and I even set my max full speed on setpoint at 6k to make sure the pump was running as slow as possible to try to keep it under control. Still after about an hour or two normal driving in the summer and boom. I even bought insulated heat shield for my fuel lines under the hood and no change.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:14 AM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Question, how about the idea of running a 10 or 15 row cooler with a fan and plumb it in after the regulator on the return line.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:19 AM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

Question, how about the idea of running a 10 or 15 row cooler with a fan and plumb it in after the regulator on the return line.
If you size your line correctly and use the right pump, rail and regulator setup, you won't have fuel temp issues. I wouldn't waste time on a cooler

Get notified of new replies

To Upgrading fuel system on my 2009 FI Z06, going with Aeromotive Stealth intank set up

Old 04-22-2015, 01:17 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

The controller sucks. Have fun.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Dsteck is the only person I know to ever get it to work, by building his own controller. So as long as you have mad skills like him and can build your own controller, go for it.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:00 PM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Weighed my options some more and after talking to a couple forum members and finally The guys at Fore, I'm confounded that Fore was the way to go.

Fore fuel pump hanger with
Walbro 340
AEM 50-1000
-8 fuel lines
Parallel fuel rail hook up with return regulator
Fuel controller

Should have it here by Friday 👍🏻

Quick Reply: Upgrading fuel system on my 2009 FI Z06, going with Aeromotive Stealth intank set up