C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any ECS cars have a problem with NJDMV inspection?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Fordracer9
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Any ECS cars have a problem with NJDMV inspection?

The Grand Sport just got shot down by the state. The report shows multiple monitors as not ready. I did need to put the battery on a charger over the winter, but I've also got several drive cycles on it since then. Is it possible that I just didn't drive it enough, or do some monitors get turned off as part of the tune? I do have cats on the car.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:31 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

most likely you need to drive it more... do you have your own scan tool, hptuners, or anything to check them yourself so you can verify if and when they set?... it could also be something in the tune it just depends how your car is set up but usually if something is taken out of the tune the tuner will set it so that your readiness codes set properly so you won't have issues with inspections
Old 04-21-2015, 12:37 PM
FormulaLS1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Generally if you leave the SES codes enabled but set them to "Do Not Report" in tuning software a car will pass readiness when you key on

Did the shop tell you which systems didn't pass readiness?
Old 04-21-2015, 01:16 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

PM coming Paul.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Fordracer9
Pro

I think I just need to drive it some. It really hasn't been anywhere yet this season. It's the fuel system, evap and O2s that are showing not ready. I know the evap is a fargin pain in the bells to get to set. Anybody know how many are allowed to not be ready for a 10 model year, or do I gotta get em all?

I'll put a good drive cycle or 2 on it in the next few days and plug into my buddies scanner. Hopefully that'll show me good news. If not you'll have a PM back Doug.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:00 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 776 Likes on 505 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Fordracer9
I think I just need to drive it some. It really hasn't been anywhere yet this season. It's the fuel system, evap and O2s that are showing not ready. I know the evap is a fargin pain in the bells to get to set. Anybody know how many are allowed to not be ready for a 10 model year, or do I gotta get em all?

I'll put a good drive cycle or 2 on it in the next few days and plug into my buddies scanner. Hopefully that'll show me good news. If not you'll have a PM back Doug.
Or if you have access to HP Tuners I can tweak your tune so that everything will show up as ready without the need for driving around (which doesn't always work anyway).
Old 04-21-2015, 04:24 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by FormulaLS1
Generally if you leave the SES codes enabled but set them to "Do Not Report" in tuning software a car will pass readiness when you key on

Did the shop tell you which systems didn't pass readiness?
Yep. I can confirm this works. I flashed in the parking lot (different state, same thing), pulled in, and it passed immediatey.

Originally Posted by subfloor@centurytrans
Or if you have access to HP Tuners I can tweak your tune so that everything will show up as ready without the need for driving around (which doesn't always work anyway).
Pretty simple change to anyone with HP Tuners. I made a quick "Emissions testing" calibration, went through inspection, passed, then flashed it right back when I pulled out, lol

Worked great.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:26 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Yep. I can confirm this works. I flashed in the parking lot (different state, same thing), pulled in, and it passed immediatey.

Pretty simple change to anyone with HP Tuners. I made a quick "Emissions testing" calibration, went through inspection, passed, then flashed it right back when I pulled out, lol

Worked great.
Did you get them all to show as ready?
Old 04-21-2015, 04:27 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Did you get them all to show as ready?
Yep. They showed as ready immediately.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:28 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Yep. They showed as ready immediately.
Most people usually get all but one as there's a bit of a trick to the stubborn one (which I can't remember which one that is).
Old 04-21-2015, 04:30 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Most people usually get all but one as there's a bit of a trick to the stubborn one (which I can't remember which one that is).
Hmmm I guess I should say I thought I had all of them come right up as ready, but maybe there was one left? I know they allow up to 1 to not be ready and will still pass you in this state, so it's possible one wasn't ready

I'm almost sure they were all good though
Old 04-21-2015, 04:36 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Hmmm I guess I should say I thought I had all of them come right up as ready, but maybe there was one left? I know they allow up to 1 to not be ready and will still pass you in this state, so it's possible one wasn't ready

I'm almost sure they were all good though
I think it's the Evaporative System that people usually can't get to turn off but I managed to figure it out.

Even after setting all of the Evap related codes in the tune the system still wouldn't show as ready so on a hunch I tried doing the same with anything fuel related and voila, it worked.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:38 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

I think it's the Evaporative System that people usually can't get to turn off but I managed to figure it out.

Even after setting all of the Evap related codes in the tune the system still wouldn't show as ready so on a hunch I tried doing the same with anything fuel related and voila, it worked.
I did it the lazy way and just set every single DTC to do not report.. so I think I got them all
Old 04-21-2015, 04:39 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

I did it the lazy way and just set every single DTC to do not report.. so I think I got them all
Yep, that'll work too.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:49 PM
Fordracer9
Pro

Got tired of running drive cycles and having it not run the monitors, so I took a trip to my friendly neighborhood tuner. Lol. 5 minutes later I was headed home. Ran it thru the DMV on the way and got my new 2 year sticker. All is well now.

This was NOT tune related. The car was at the dealership last week for the headlight harness recall and they disconnected the battery. That clicked in my mind today as I needed to pull over on the Jersey Pike to relearn the TPMS when they dropped out 1/2 way to ECS. There really should be a way to have scan tools run the readiness tests, as this is a common issue and drive cycles could take months to run them.

Once again a BIG thanks to the ECS crew. OUTSTANDING customer service and support.

Get notified of new replies

To Any ECS cars have a problem with NJDMV inspection?

Quick Reply: Any ECS cars have a problem with NJDMV inspection?